Mr Yegappan Kalairajah

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery

28th May 2018
Written by a patient at Spire Harpenden Hospital

I first went to see Mr Kalairajah over 12 months ago as I was barely able to walk due to arthritis in my hips and knees and having one leg shorter than the other. I had a hip replacement a year ago and he was also able to extend my leg so that both legs were the same length. The operation was a great success and I am able to walk much better and have no pain in this hip. In November I had a complete knee replacement which although was painful is now almost back to normal enabling me to walk even better. All through this my treatment was 1st class with every care being taken at every stage. Mr Kalairajah was brilliant and explained everything to me in detail through out so I knew what the operations involved and what to expect. I can’t praise him enough. He always took time to check that I understood everything and answered all of my questions and concerns. Tony aged 74

27th May 2018
Written by a patient at Spire Harpenden Hospital

I have had 2 successful knee operations in the last year. The treatment and after care provided by Mr Kalairajah and his team at The Spire, Harpenden was excellent on both occasions. Please pass on my thanks once again.

16th May 2018
Written by a patient at Spire Harpenden Hospital

Honest assessment about condition of knee and potential treatment. Didnt rush into surgery butwhen he operated he did a greta job...pain gone immediately and walking as normal within a few days. He obviously knows what he is doing!!

25th February 2018
Written by a patient at Spire Harpenden Hospital

Mr Kalairajah was caring, listened and gave very good care, a skilful surgeon indeed. The anaesthetist was so lovely too and I felt really supported through a terrifying time. I was totally crippled by my hip condition and on very high doses of painkillers. Within 2 days of the operation I was walking without any pain and within 3 months fully recovered able to balance on both legs and climb stairs and full mobility. In my 90th year I find this incredible and thank the doctors, nurses and the care at Spire Harpenden for the wonderful job they have done. An important part of this recovery was the care afterwards with the physio and the geriatric doctor that helped me so much with the withdrawal from the opiates that seriously affected me. Their care was wonderful and helped me through a dark time. Thank you so much.

19th September 2017
Written by a patient at Spire Harpenden Hospital

I have received excellent treatment from Mr Kalairajah. At the initial appointment to discuss my hip surgery, he answered all my questions and was reassuring and helpful. He explained the procedure and gave me some informative literature to take away and read. The operation was carried out on the agreed date and Mr Kalairajah came to see me before the operation, to see if there were any last minute questions. He also saw me in the recovery room to report that the operation had gone well. All this was very reassuring for someone who had not been in hospital for much surgery before. The follow up appointment , six weeks after the procedure was good and he was able to show me the xrays and answer questions about future after care. I feel that I have had very good care and attention from him.

Short link to review Mr Yegappan Kalairajah: http://iwgc.net/eexey