Mr Yegappan Kalairajah

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery

19th September 2017
Written by a patient at Spire Harpenden Hospital

I have received excellent treatment from Mr Kalairajah. At the initial appointment to discuss my hip surgery, he answered all my questions and was reassuring and helpful. He explained the procedure and gave me some informative literature to take away and read. The operation was carried out on the agreed date and Mr Kalairajah came to see me before the operation, to see if there were any last minute questions. He also saw me in the recovery room to report that the operation had gone well. All this was very reassuring for someone who had not been in hospital for much surgery before. The follow up appointment , six weeks after the procedure was good and he was able to show me the xrays and answer questions about future after care. I feel that I have had very good care and attention from him.

14th August 2017
Written by a patient at Spire Harpenden Hospital

From the beginning he explained everything in great detail. He listened to my concerns and answered all my questions. Within 24 hours of my operation I was walking along the corridor of the hospital without pain in my knee for the first time in many years. The operation was a total success and as someone who was very concerned about the procedure I can highly recommend Mr Kalairajah to anyone contemplating this type of joint surgery. After only a few weeks I was able to walk unaided without a stick and with no pain. A super job!

27th July 2017
Written by a patient at Spire Harpenden Hospital

Mr Kalairajah performed a full knee replacement operation on me in December last year. In all the appointments I had with him prior to the operation he listened fully to what I had to say, answered all my questions and explained clearly the procedure to be carried out and any possible side effects. Throughout all our meetings I found him to be friendly and very professional, which put me completely at ease. I cannot thank or praise him enough for all that he has done and as a result of his skill I am more or less back to normal and out of pain. Also, the scar is barely visible. I would fully recommend Mr Kalairajah and indeed have done so on a couple of occasions. Arthur Cheetham

4th July 2017
Written by a patient at Spire Harpenden Hospital

Mr Kalairajah is very thorough,takes the time to explain the procedures and processes to reassure his patients. He also builds up a good rapport with his patients while remaining professional at all times.

16th March 2017
Written by a patient at Spire Harpenden Hospital

Nearly a year later and new knee absolutely perfect. Cycling and walking with no bother. Spire hospital great and aftercare absolutely fantastic. Many thanks Clive Gibson

Short link to review Mr Yegappan Kalairajah: http://iwgc.net/eexey