Winston Kim, FRCS(Orth)

Specialist Hip & Knee Surgeon, with an interest in early arthritis and sports injuries of the hip and knee, and after effects of sports injuries. Large practice of hip and knee arthroscopy (Keyhole hip and knee surgery) for early arthritis, hip and knee replacements (>150 joint replacements performed a year) and ACL reconstruction.

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery

20th March 2018
Written by a patient at BMI The Alexandra Hospital

I had a full left hip replacement in May 17 performed by Mr Kim and his team. It has has vastly improved my lifestyle and enabled me to transform my fitness. Mr Kim makes his patients welfare a priority. A thank you goes to Mr Kim and his team.

17th March 2018
Written by a patient at BMI The Alexandra Hospital

After delaying treatment for a number of years, Dr Kim replaced my right knee in June 2017. The operation and recovery was a complete success and this encouraged me to go back into Dr Kim's operating room in February 2018 for a hip replacement. Dr Kim is always smiling and I have complete confidence and trust in his ability. Still undeterred I will eventually go back for the left knee! M. Hill (Patient 2017/18, The Alexandra Hospital)

26th February 2018
Written by a patient at BMI The Alexandra Hospital

I was referred to Mr Kim by the NHS as I needed a hip replacement operation. I was really impressed by Mr Kim's professional approach during my visits prior to the operation. He did not patronise me treated me as an intelligent adult. He explained clearly to me the procedure and the post operative implications. Having chosen to go for sedation I was a little nervous and Mr Kim reassured me completely on this point. The operation was a complete success and I have had no further problems with my hip since my operation almost two years ago. The follow up after my operation was of the same totally professional but accessible approach.

23rd February 2018
Written by a patient at Spire Manchester Hospital

I underwent a hip operation and Mr Kim made me feel totally at ease with his confidence and mannerism. I did not feel anxious in the run up to the procedure and his team are wonderful! Plus, the aftercare-nothing was too much trouble. Thank you.

22nd February 2018
Written by a patient at Spire Manchester Hospital

Mr Kim has replaced my hip and both my knees. The hip and first knee replacement were at the Alexandra Hospital and the latest knee replacement was at the Spire Hospital. I consider myself extremely lucky to have had Mr Kim perform each operation. He is very caring and explains exactly what he is going to do and what to expect post operation. He answered any questions myself or a member of my family asked him. You can put complete trust in him knowing that he will do all he can to the best of his ability, which I believe is second to none. All the staff, the anaesthetist, nurses, auxiliaries administrative staff and physiotherapists are excellent and could not have looked after me any better than they did. They all made what is after all a traumatic time very bearable and I consider I could not have had better treatment from Mr. Kim and all his team. I hope I don’t have to have my other hip replaced but if I do I hope I will be fortunate enough to have Mr. Kim look after me. Thank You.

Short link to review Winston Kim, FRCS(Orth): http://iwgc.net/ecpgn