Winston Kim, FRCS(Orth)

Specialist Hip & Knee Surgeon, with an interest in early arthritis and sports injuries of the hip and knee, and after effects of sports injuries. Large practice of hip and knee arthroscopy (Keyhole hip and knee surgery) for early arthritis, hip and knee replacements (>150 joint replacements performed a year) and ACL reconstruction.

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery

19th November 2017
Written by a patient at BMI The Alexandra Hospital

I am so glad I chose Mr kim to operate on both my hips. I have had two total hip replacements carried out by Mr kim. First one last June and second one March this year. I am now free from painful hips. Mr kim is an exceptional surgeon very skilful and professional. He has a positive and pleasant reassuring manner. I was well looked after throughout my care under Mr kim. Top class surgeon would and do recommend his services. Thank you Mr kim for the wonderful job you did replacing my worn out hips.

6th November 2017
Written by a carer at BMI The Alexandra Hospital

Mr Kim has recently treated and operated on our 20 year old son's hip and we cannot speak more highly of the whole experience. From the first moment we met Mr Kim we felt totally at ease, reassured and hopeful; Mr Kim's gentle and caring manner promoted trust and confidence. Mr Kim thoroughly explained all procedures and immediately rang my mobile post operation to inform my husband and I of progress - as parents, we absolutely appreciated this personal touch. Mr Kim's positive attitude encouraged Ben to focus on his rehabilitation and recovery. We were so incredibly impressed with Mr Kim's genuine wish to aid Ben achieve his dreams of rejoining the armed forces - I fully believe Mr Kim's attitude and positivity has helped Ben to regain his self belief. When asking Ben to tell me what he would like to say about Mr Kim he said, 'there isn't one bad thing we can say about him - he's amazing'. In summary, if it were possible we would award Mr Kim significantly more than 5 stars - he is not only a very skilful surgeon but also a genuinely caring and considerate man.

30th October 2017
Written by a patient at Spire Manchester Hospital

A persistant hip problem lead to a referal to the Spire hospital in Didsbury where I was told dysplasia of the right hip had lead to arthritis. This had begun to cause me severe pain in the groin restricting the distance I could walk and left me struggling with everyday tasks such as walking up stairs and tying my shoelaces. At 44 years old with 2 small children under 5 this situation was incredibly debilitating. I was seen by Mr Kim who explained that in the long term the only solution was a total hip replacement. He scheduled a date for surgery almost immediately and within 2 months of my appointment which was an incredible relief after many months of pain. He was very clear about explaining what would happen and he and the team at the Spire who looked after me were excellent. He addressed my immediate post operative concerns regarding what seemed to me a leg length discrepancy and explained how long that would take to rectify. I have struggled during the recovery with muscle rehabilitation however this is due to the length of time my condition had gone undiagnosed, the groin pain had immediately disappeared. Mr Kim said to me the day after surgery that there would be ups and downs during the next months but that after 6 months I would be back in the races and he was right on the money. He was at all times friendly and professional in his approach and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him.

24th October 2017
Written by a patient at BMI The Alexandra Hospital

I have had two total knee replacements carried out by Mr Kim at the Alexandra Hospital the last one being seven weeks ago. Best surgeon ever, skilled, caring, dedicated and professional. I would like to thank Mr Kim his team and all the staff involved in my care for the excellent treatment I received at The Alexandra Hospital . I was so fortunate to have had Mr Kim as my surgeon and cannot speak highly enough of him.

8th October 2017
Written by a patient at BMI The Alexandra Hospital

I felt very much at ease with Mr Kim from the very first consultation, being 82years of age and having a heart bypass18 yrs previously he explained the reasons for some heart tests before the knee operation. The operation went well and I was surprised at how little pain and good leg movement I had.A visit most evenings from Mr Kim whilst in hospital I felt him a very caring man.He has a brilliant follow up team of physiotherapists who I also found caring and encouraging,not to miss out the nursing staff.

Short link to review Winston Kim, FRCS(Orth): http://iwgc.net/ecpgn