Dr Vivek Chhabra

Effective patient-doctor relationship is the key for healthier outcomes. This relationship can be successfully established via collaborative ABCs (Attitudes, Behaviours and Communication) to explore and implement best options.

• Emergency Medicine

1st December 2016
Written by a patient at Basildon Hospital

This doctor listened and took onboard the history of my illness. He then organised and ran all the tests necessary to determine what my illness was. He was kind and compassionate and kept me informed of what my treatment was going to be. When things were being delayed he looked into this for me and sorted it out.

27th November 2016
Written by a patient at Basildon Hospital

I visited Basildon Hospital on Friday 25th November with severe lower back and abdominal pains. After a short wait I was called through and had the good fortune to have Dr Vivek Chhabra assigned to look after me. He listened to everything I had to say examined me thoroughly and managed to give me something to ease the pain something that two trips to my GP didn't achieve. He was very friendly polite and kind the whole time I was in his care. I was sent for a CT scan unfortunately there was a 6 hour wait for this. Dr Chhabra realised the end of his shift was approaching so came and found me in CDU to check whether I had my scan yet. When I confirmed that I just had my scan he said give him 5 minutes he would check the results immediately and true to his word he was soon back with the preliminary findings. I cannot recommend Vivek Chhabra enough. Definitely the best doctor that I have seen at Basildon Hospital

24th November 2016
Written by a carer at Basildon Hospital

Was very concerned my mum was ok. Apologising when he touched my mum and thought he had hurt here. Was very caring and mum could ask questions when she was unsure. She could also understand him as she is 90 this is important.

14th November 2016
Written by a carer at Basildon Hospital

I was so pleased that my wife was seen by Dr Chhabra. Having broken her wrist when thrown from her horse, she was in great pain and reluctant to allow anyone to touch her arm. Dr Chhabra relaxed her with his warm professionalism and kept us informed at all times during her treatment. He realign her arm and stabilised it in a plaster cast with the help of two nurses and stayed beyond his leaving time so he could personally ensure her treatment was competed to his satisfaction. We couldn't have wished for better care; Both Dr Chhabra and all the A&E staff who looked after us were amazing. Thank you so much.

20th October 2016
Written by a patient at Basildon Hospital

He was very helpful and let me explain what had happened in the past and made sure that he did everything that he could before he sent me home such as a chest x-ray. He is also referring me to see somebody which is very useful

Nearest Emergency medicine specialists