mr-vishnu-sunkaraneni

23rd November 2020

I had surgery with Mr Sunkaraneni to remove nasal polyps. Right from the initial consultation through to the actual surgery and post op follow up he was incredibly friendly, helpful and professional and did a great job of thoroughly explaining the procedure that I needed. I had minimal pain during recovery and no longer have any of the issues that I had pre-surgery. I'm really pleased with how everything went from start to finish and I very much recommend Mr Sunkaraneni.

Written by a carer at Nuffield Health Guildford Hospital
20th November 2020

Mr Sunkaraneni performed a tonsillectomy for 6 year old. Mr Sunkaraneni is clearly highly experienced, approachable and gave good advice. The operation was quick and uneventful. My son received excellent pre-op care and attention and follow up after the operation. I would definitely recommend Mr Sunkaraneni.

19th November 2020

Very professional, friendly and approachable. He's a family man. He explained what my options were and took the time to 'dumb' it down for me when I was confused. I elected for an operation and it went well, the results are great. From what I can tell he's a great surgeon and well respected and liked at the Nuffield in Guildford. I felt like I was in good hands. If I have any ENT issues in the future I would be pleased to talk to him again if I can get referred . His secretary was very good too, keeping me informed on progress and appointment times, understanding my consultation and operation was performed in October so in the middle of the Covid crisis.

16th October 2020

Very easy to talk to , has a lovely manner with great empathy. Gives you confidence. Would highly recommend.

8th September 2020

Mr Sunkareneni was an excellent surgeon. He made time to see me, given that I had a busy schedule and was very accommodating to fit me in. He was very welcoming and made me feel comfortable about the procedure. He was very supportive at the time of the procedure and made sure I felt comfortable and understood what was happening.

Mr San Sunkaraneni was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2021 for delivering outstanding care.

Mr San Sunkaraneni is a Consultant Rhinologist/ENT surgeon who works at the Royal Surrey County Hospital Guildford, United Kingdom and provides a regional service for Surrey, London, Sussex and Hampshire. He carries out a fortnightly NHS outpatient clinic at Cranleigh Village Hospital. He also receives referrals from all over the UK. Mr Sunkaraneni is a UK trained Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT) Surgeon who graduated from the University of London. During his medical school training, he spent a year undertaking a Bachelor’s degree in Clinical Anatomy, where his interest in the anatomy and surgery of the head and neck region began. He underwent his general ENT training at Addenbrooke’s Hospital, Cambridge and in the Wessex Deanery on the south coast of England. As a result of the recognition of his achievements, he was selected from a highly competitive international field to spend a year undergoing sub-specialty training at the renowned St Paul’s Sinus Centre, Vancouver, Canada. During this year, he gained substantial experience in rhinology, particularly computer assisted sinus surgery (CASS) and endoscopic (keyhole) skull base surgery. He was awarded the 2010 Travelling Prize by the Royal Society of Medicine, and in the same year was awarded the Travelling Fellowship by the British Rhinological Society. Mr Sunkaraneni has been recognised and accredited specialist status by the specialist advisory committee in Otolaryngology/Head and Neck Surgery and the General Medical Council. With research interests in nasal and sinus disease, Mr Sunkaraneni is a Visiting Senior Fellow at the University of Surrey, developing a research programme looking at the causes of sinusitis and new treatments for it. He peer reviews research papers for scientific journals and has lectured at major conferences in the UK and North America.

Nearest Otolaryngologists