Mr Vinod Gangwani

Mr Gangwani is a highly experienced Consultant Ophthalmologist and Cataract/Corneal Surgeon with special interest in complex cornea, eye surface diseases, and modern cataract surgery. He is a consultant eye surgeon at the Ashford & St Peter’s NHS Foundation Trust, where he is also the Clinical Lead for cataract micro-surgery. He completed a fellowship in cataract surgery at Moorfields eye hospital, where he gained extensive experience in complex cataract surgery and premium intra-ocular implants (multifocal and toric). He followed this up with a renowned fellowship in the cornea and external disease at Moorfields Eye Hospital and also at Kings College Hospital in London. He provides tertiary corneal and cataract surgery expertise for routine and complex corneal problems. Mr Gangwani has delivered numerous presentations at international conferences and published widely in multiple peer reviewed journals including American Journal of Ophthalmology, Journal of Cataract and Refractive Surgery and British Journal of Ophthalmology. His active areas of interest include: management of astigmatism during cataract surgery, lamellar corneal transplants, bespoke cataract surgery including multifocal/ trifocal implants.

21st May 2018
Written by a patient at Nuffield Health Woking Hospital

Mr Vinod Gangwani could not have been more helpful, reassuring and efficient - which, together with his superb surgical skills, has resulted in a totally positive outcome for me. He took great care in considering the best options for my need for excellent sight for my artistic profession, and (like the donkey in the film 'Shrek', I go around saying "It's a miracle - I can see"!) after a very bleak time of troubled eyesight, it is now improved magnificently. His after care was both prompt and very helpful. If there were a way of giving double the stars, I would.

4th May 2018
Written by a patient at Nuffield Health Woking Hospital

I did quite a bit of research on exactly was involved in cataract surgery, but to be honest I need not have bothered. At my initial consultation with Mr Gangwani I was given all the information that I needed to make the decision to have cataracts operated on. He is a charming person with the ability to "listen" to your concerns and put you at ease, yes I was nervous about having the operations, but I did not need to be. The operations on both eyes went well, Mr Gangwani talks you through everything he is doing at all times which I felt was very reassuring. Follow up phone calls were made to my home to ensure everything was ok and thorough checks were made during the follow up consultations. You really would find it difficult to find a more caring and professional surgeon, a charming man with a secretarial service that is second to none. If you need eye surgery, do not hesitate, contact Mr Gangwani.

9th April 2018
Written by a patient at Nuffield Health Woking Hospital

Having an eye operation is very scary and thought alone petrifies most people. Dr Gangwani was so professional and thorough in explaining processes to me and making himself availble to answer any questions I said. I was very impressed by how straight forward and quick the procedure was. The aftercare was exceptional. Thanks Poonam

6th April 2018
Written by a patient at BMI The Runnymede Hospital

Mr V Gangwani performed two operations to remove cataracts on two eyes a month apart. The first was a normal IOL and my recovery was uneventful. The second operation involved the replacement with a Toric lens. Again my recovery was uneventful. I am awaiting my opticians appointment so can’t offer a professional report at this time. However, both eyes / vision are very much better since the op. Everyone is different so I can’t recommend what you do, but if you want a good surgeon with a pleasant manner then Mr Gangwani is someone I can recommend to take you though the entire assessment, operation and follow up. What’s it like? you may ask and I can say that the worse part was having drops in before the op as some of these sting a little. During the op itself I felt a little pressure, looked at a bright light and felt the irrigation and heard some sounds. Very easy just relax and it’s over in no time. So so worth having it done.

11th April 2017
Written by a patient at Nuffield Health Woking Hospital

With enormous thanks and gratitude that had the good luck to have a consultation with Mr Gangwani . As I entered his surgery, I was conscious of his charming manner which radiated about his persona, immediately putting me at ease. He listened attentively, diagnosing and fixing my original eye problem during that first consultation. Although that particular consultation was not linked to cataracts, Mr Gangwani mentioned the presence of my cataracts. He suggested that I could have the cataracts removed and invited me to think about it. He assured me how straight forward the surgery would be. I had been putting off the prospect of cataract surgery for quite some while, but when Mr Gangwani confirmed that he would perform the operation himself, I didn't hesitate in agreeing to register for the cataract surgery as soon as an appointment became available. A few weeks later and following the 10 minute procedure, I came home from the hospital and sat in the garden, in awe of all I could now see, and in so much detail. My dog had dropped my grey running shoe at the top of the garden (I hadn't realised) and from a distance I could even see the grey shoelace hanging over the side of the running shoe. Before the surgery (when my running shoe had once again been dropped in a flower bed by the dog), from a distance I had mistaken the running shoe for a dead pigeon!! I can now see each blade of grass instead of seeing a green mass of what I knew was grass. I can see all the petals of the daisies growing in the grass, as well as the beautiful design of the dandelion petals. It's all simply incredible and peculiar to realise I couldn't define any of that minute detail before the cataract surgery. I knew it, but I got so used to the lessor vision that I hardly paid attention to the deterioration of my eye sight. If you have cataracts , I can not only reassure you of the painless procedure but I also highly recommend Mr Gangwani as your Eye Consultant. he is clearly dedicated to his profession; a most wonderful doctor and surgeon. You couldn’t wish for better care, consideration and support. His secretary is also very reliable and highly efficient. Mr Gangwani is the Eye Consultant you are looking for. Do not hesitate any longer.

Nearest Ophthalmologists