mr-venki-sundaram

Written by a private patient at Spire Harpenden Hospital
31st March 2021

I found the care of Dr Sundaram excelent. From the first meeting he was focused and and understood my issues and understood my issues and goals. He presented his assessment and options clearly and presented the risks clearly and in context. He responded to my questions clearly and openly. The results of the len's replacement was better than I could have expected. I now have the eyesight that I had as a teenager. It is a surprise to me every time I do something that I don't have to reach for glasses. Watching the TV, reading a book, looking at my phone, reading the small print, seeing the garden, countryside and sky, driving again, biking and being able to see what is going on in the rugby. I can not than him and his great team enough.

13th November 2020

Twice visited Mr Sunderland for cataract removal with replacement lenses.absolutely great service no issues and made very welcome and comfortable during my short stay. These ops 2yrs apart have transformed my life, and I have no hesitation in recommending venki sundaram.

5th November 2020

I had completely pain free cataract surgery on both eyes very recently and would thoroughly recommend Mr Venki Sundaram. He is a very caring and obviously competent surgeon. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend him to many friends.

25th September 2020

Over the last 2 months I have had cataract surgery on both eyes, performed by Mr Venki Sundaram. The surgery was a success. He is clearly a good surgeon but was also very good at explaining what the procedure was going to be like and making sure any questions were answered and that I was at ease. Would highly recommend Mr Sundaram.

Written by a patient at Spire Bushey Hospital
12th September 2020

I visited Dr Venki Sundaram with my partner who had a potential retina tear. He has a calm manner which installs confidence which was very important as my partner was extremely nervous. He was very thorough in his diagnosis and spent time making sure we understood the situation. I would have no hesitation recommending him to anyone for the future.

I am a Consultant Ophthalmologist having graduated from Oxford University and trained at Moorfields Eye Hospital. I specialise in cataract surgery, retinal conditions, and glaucoma treatment. I have performed thousands of cataract operations, intravitreal injections and laser procedures.I am the lead author for an Ophthalmology textbook, widely used by Ophthalmologists in the UK and a Microsurgical Skills Trainer for the Royal College of Ophthalmologists.

Nearest Ophthalmologists