Mr Venkat Ramakrishnan

Mr Venkat V Ramakrishnan is a Consultant Plastic Surgeon at St Andrew’s Centre for Plastic Surgery and Burns, Chelmsford, UK. His main work involves microsurgical reconstruction and aesthetic surgery of the breast. Secondary interests are microsurgical reconstruction of the chest wall, abdomen and lower limb. Mr Ramakrishnan has a major role as trainer in microsurgery and was an inaugural tutor in Plastic Surgery at RCS of England and the Director of St Andrew’s Centre for Plastic Surgery and Burns. He is on the editorial board of the Journal of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery and Archives of Plastic Surgery. He is a fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of England and Royal Australasian College of Surgeons. Mr Ramakrishnan has numerous publications/presentations at national and international meetings. Main areas of research and audit are in microsurgical techniques, service delivery and microcirculation in free flaps. He is visiting Professor at Anglia Ruskin University .

5th February 2017
Written by a patient at Nuffield Health Brentwood Hospital

I had breast implants a number of years ago and it was time to have these removed, especially when I discovered they were not the best implants. During the whole pre-op process Dr Ramakrishnan and his approach gave me confidence at an important time in my life. His explanation about what would happen during the process and afterwards really helped me prepare. The operation went very smoothly and I felt very comfortable. After the operation Dr Ramakrishnan was very clear about the procedures I should follow and whilst he was strict that I follow his instructions I really believe that in doing so it was very beneficial to me and the healing process. The post-op care I have received has been 2nd to none and at all times I have felt that if I ever needed help it was there. The result 7 months on has exceeded all my expectations and has come out so well. The scar tissue repair and overall look is incredible. I feel so pleased with the outcome and am very happy that I went through the procedure. Thank you so much Dr Ramakrishnan for everything.

31st October 2016
Written by a patient at Spire Wellesley Hospital

Some years ago I had breast cancer & therefore had a mastectomy with an implant performed at the same time. Over the years this had become hard, misshapen & I looked loopsided in a bra & when dressed. I was referred to Professor Ramakrishnan who immediately put me at my ease, & reassured me that he could help me. The old inplant was removed & new one inserted "to fill the void". Total success, my appearance is normal again. During the whole procedure I was treated with great kindness & reassured at every stage in my treatment. Would have no hesitation in recommending Professor Ramakrishnan to any one.

25th October 2016
Written by a patient at Nuffield Health Brentwood Hospital

I went to see the Professor to talk about having a Breast Reduction. The Professor listened to all my needs and concerns, he did not pressure me in any way to make a decision. He was very clear about what to expect before, during and after my procedure. He was very approachable for asking any questions or concerns. My after are following the procedure was excellent. I would recommend anyone to go and speak to the Professor if you are thinking of having a procedure done. All the staff at the hospital were very helpful and friendly. Also the Professor's Secretary was very helpful and got back to me immediately when I rang the office with an enquiry.

11th March 2016
Written by a patient at Nuffield Health Brentwood Hospital

I decided to have inverted nipple surgery due to the effect it was making to my personal life, confidence and relationships. I seeked advice from my GP where they recommended Nuffield Hospital in Brentwood where Dr Ramakrishnan would be my surgeon. I enquirered about having a consultation, where I received a great service throughout. I went for a first consultation where Dr Ramakrishnan described and showed a description of the whole procedure and described the risks and the benefits. After this he told me to go away and think carefully about if I wanted to go ahead before arranging a date for the surgery. I knew 100% I wanted to go ahead and so I returned and booked a date for surgery. Dr Ramakrishnan remained honest, sincere and trustworthy throughout and I whole heartedly trusted him to carry out a good procedure for me. My surgery was on the 22nd October 2015 where I was accompanied by two lovely nurses - Leigh and Deborah (who are an absolute credit to the Nuffield Hospital) as well as Dr Ramakrishnan. The level of care received before and after my surgery was brilliant, and I can safely say I am more than delighted that I went ahead with the surgery, especially at this hospital with this surgeon. It has now been six months since surgery and it has dramatically changed my life and confidence, and I cannot express my thanks and gratitude enough to Dr Ramakrishnan for carrying out this procedure and remaining professional and caring throughout.

7th March 2016
Written by a patient at Nuffield Health Brentwood Hospital

From the first consultation, actual surgery and post-operative check-ups Mr Ramakrishnan was kind, professional and caring. I was delighted with the results of my surgery and couldn't have been happier with the whole process. In addition I had no concerns about ongoing costs at it was a one-off payment which covered consultation, actual surgery and post-operative care. I would readily recommend him.

Nearest Plastic surgeons