Mr Venkat Ramakrishnan

Mr Venkat V Ramakrishnan is a Consultant Plastic Surgeon at St Andrew’s Centre for Plastic Surgery and Burns, Chelmsford, UK. His main work involves microsurgical reconstruction and aesthetic surgery of the breast. Secondary interests are microsurgical reconstruction of the chest wall, abdomen and lower limb. Mr Ramakrishnan has a major role as trainer in microsurgery and was an inaugural tutor in Plastic Surgery at RCS of England and the Director of St Andrew’s Centre for Plastic Surgery and Burns. He is on the editorial board of the Journal of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery and Archives of Plastic Surgery. He is a fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of England and Royal Australasian College of Surgeons. Mr Ramakrishnan has numerous publications/presentations at national and international meetings. Main areas of research and audit are in microsurgical techniques, service delivery and microcirculation in free flaps. He is visiting Professor at Anglia Ruskin University .

1st December 2017
Written by a patient at Nuffield Health Brentwood Hospital

I have always been unhappy with my tuberous breasts. I finally decided to have an operation and so glad i found The Professor Ramakrishnan at Nuffield. During consultation, professor was kind and attentive whilst also being honest in regards to my condition. The day of surgery went smoothly and i had no pain. Few days later slight discomfort only. Follow up consultations also very caring from the professor and his team. As for my results, i am overjoyed. My new breasts look very natural and suit my frame. I had my operation in April 2017, 8 months on everyday they kook even more natural. I would definately recommend The Professor.

14th November 2017
Written by a patient at Nuffield Health Brentwood Hospital

Fantastic surgeon, got me the result I wanted. Professional care throughout, went over and above to make sure I was comfortable and happy.

16th May 2017
Written by a patient at Spire Wellesley Hospital

In 2011, I saw Mr Ramakrishnan at Spire Hartswood Hospital Brentwood because I had a sebaceous cyst on my chest from birth which continued to grow and grow but the NHS refused to remove it. I'm so glad that I saw him instead because he was wonderful! As other patients of his have said, he is kind, caring and straight-forward. he was also genuinely indignant about my situation and therefore went out of his way to ensure that I got the best care! Because of this, I am now rid of something that was beginning to cause me great distress and have only been left with a faint scar! Neither of us were expecting this but I think that it was due to his high level of care! Everyone with chest issues should go and see Mr Ramakrishnan as he is excellent!

27th March 2017
Written by a patient at Nuffield Health Brentwood Hospital

I am so happy with my procedure! Professor Ramakrishnan was amazing! I was nervous and worried about going too big as I'm small framed and i went to see professor a number of times and he was very understanding throughout the whole process! He certainly is very talented and i felt totally at ease and i felt i was in great hands! My advice, go for it and have it done with Professor Ramakrishnan! I went from a 32 A to a 32 DD and i had 275cc under the muscle tear drop implants!

21st March 2017