mr-vasileios-minas

Written by a private patient at Nuffield Health Woking Hospital
15th April 2021

I visited doctor Vasileios Minas because I was suffering from Endometriosis and I needed a laparoscopy. When my fiance and I visited him for the first time, he was very friendly, polite and he explained to us everything in every detail. He made us feel that we could fully trust him. Doctor Minas asked for all the necessary checks (MRI etc) straight away and moved the whole procedure so quickly that 2 weeks after the first visit, I had the laparoscopy. Doctor Minas was very careful and took his time during the surgery to make sure that all of my endometriosis was removed. My surgery went really well. After the surgery, doctor Minas made sure to call my fiancee and let him know that everything went well, since my fiancee couldn't be with me due to covid and I was unable to speak to him straight after the surgery. Doctor Minas explained again everything that he had done in every detail and he even showed us photos of the areas that were affected by endometriosis when we visited him a few weeks after the surgery. He was also always quick to reply to my messages whenever I needed to discuss something with him during my recovery. I feel very lucky that I found doctor Minas and I had my surgery with him. From the beginning he took great care of me, he made me feel safe in his hands and I am grateful to him. I would definitely recommend him to other women suffering from endometriosis. He is not only an expert in endometriosis but also a doctor who truly cares about his patients, takes great care of them and is always there for them!!

Written by a NHS patient at St Peter's Hospital
2nd April 2021

Excellent professional, patient and considerate. Offered different options. Recover from my surgery in 2019 was really good.

Written by a private patient at BMI The Runnymede Hospital
2nd February 2021

I recently had a hysterectomy after suffering for over 30 years with heavy and painful bleeds. My journey from the first consultation up to my discharge from hospital was made smooth and a lot less stressful because of Mr Minas’s thorough and thoughtful ways. He explained all the treatment options, their pros and cons and allowed me to choose what was right for me. He followed each consultation with a very detailed letter documenting all our discussions. With a medical history that still has a stigma attached to it and evidence of FGM I was quite anxious how he would feel about operating on me but he was very gracious and focused on my presenting problem. Mr Minas did what was right for me not what was easy and for that I am eternally grateful. Even with the complications he faced during my operation, he soldiered on to ensure he completed the surgery as planned. Thank you Mr Minas

Written by a patient at BMI The Runnymede Hospital
15th December 2020

I was so super impressed by Dr Minas bedside manner and care as a doctor, it was really refreshing and comforting to have a doctor who takes the time to walk through history and details and concerns as well as options. He sent me a fully detailed summary report recording all details and the way forward. He walked through all my blood tests explaining them to me. He should be given an award for Doctor of the year! All doctors have something to learn from his thoroughness and professionalism and fabulous standard of great client care. He wasn't timid to look up details he needed nor to take notes during the session which helped me feel cared for and thought through all results and covered anything that was potentially questionable.

Written by a patient at BMI The Runnymede Hospital
11th September 2020

I recently had laparoscopic surgery at the BMI Runnymede for Endometriosis. I have dealt with this disease for over 20-years and have had multiple surgeries in the past where it has been lasered. This time round with a bad flare up of pain, I made the decision to go private as I just could not cope with the NHS waitlist, and I'm glad I did as then Covid hit! This was the first time I have ever had surgery with an Endo specialist. I highly recommend Mr Minas, and cannot express enough how important it is to have surgery for this disease done by a specialist of his calibre! He is one of the most compassionate, understanding, caring, professional and patient doctors I have ever dealt with. From the moment I first spoke with him about my pain he showed great empathy and I warmed to him immediately. He always took the time to explain things clearly to me, and never rushed me despite the list of questions I would go through. Mr Minas the time to ensure you have all the facts and listens carefully to what YOU want and talks through your options, helping YOU decide what is best for YOU. My surgery was complex and lasted two and a half hours, and I could not have been in safer hands throughout. I know I have a long recovery ahead of me, but I already feel better for what he has done, including removal of a badly diseased ovary and tube. His knowledge and expertise around Endometriosis is superb and his treatment throughout has been first class, and nothing is too much trouble. He's answered all my questions along the way, and always comes back to me if I have more. I have never trusted a medical professional as much as I do Mr Minas, and wish I had found him years ago.

Consultant Gynaecologist with expertise in minimally invasive gynaecology and treatment for various gynaecological conditions including ovarian cysts, fibroids, heavy periods, pelvic pain and endometriosis. RCOG College Tutor for the department of Obstetrics & Gynaecology at St. Peter's Hospital.

Nearest Obstetricians and gynaecologists