2nd January 2020

Mr Arzoglou has seen me several times and has put rods and fused part of my lower spine in the last 4 years. Everything has been thoroughly explained to me- including the negatives with positives... I have not been rushed into any decisions and when surgery at one point was put ‘on hold’ I was reassured I’d be seen again if I felt I could go ahead:. When the pain became much worse last year, Mr Arzoglou put me forward for surgery. This was in July 2019 and has made walking/sitting/standing much more bearable- in fact no strong painkillers for my spine since! On my last appointment with him, Mr Arzoglou told me I could make another appointment in the future as/ when/ if necessary. I have been told in time I will need further surgery higher in my spine and I would like to think he could continue with his excellent work. I have had every confidence in his care.

Written by a patient at Spire Hull and East Riding Hospital
16th December 2019

I went for a consultation about lumbar disc hernia and it pressing against my spinal cord. Mr Arzoglou explained what was happening and showed me on the MRI scan, what the treatment options were and the recovery timelines, effectiveness of each course of action. I decided that I would take surgery, so this was explained further to me both during the consultation times and again as a review before going into theatre. After the operation Mr Arzoglou took me through what he had done, how he felt the operation went (very well indeed) and what to expect over the coming weeks. I was always kept very well informed, given the information needed (including take home literature) about the operation, what to expect and post operative care. I felt very confident having him operate on me and my recovery from an L4/L5 discectomy/laminectomy is going well.

15th December 2019

I had an emergency operation for a spinal meningioma 11 months ago. I had no symptoms until a week before the op when suddenly I experienced a slight weakness in my legs which got rapidly worse. Mr Arzoglou informed me that without an operation to remove the tumour on my spine, I would be left paralysed but that it was a risky operation involving the spinal cord which was being compressed by the tumour. A scary time lie ahead for me. Now 11 months later, after a slow, steady rehabilitation I can report that I’m back doing all the things I love - walking, riding my bike and especially riding my horse, with no problems from the back or legs other than minor aches and pains - I attribute these solely to my age, I’m 62. I have nothing but immense gratitude and respect for this extremely skilled surgeon who must surely be a man pushing the boundaries in his field of work with great success, in my humble opinion.

Written by a patient at Spire Hull and East Riding Hospital
3rd December 2019

Brilliant surgeon great care excellent result would recommend 100%

24th November 2019

Dr Arzoglou took the time to explain everything to me and my Daughter in great detail so that I understood exactly what the problem was, he made me feel completely at ease with his kind manner but at the same time his professionalism in his specialized field of neurology. If I do need to have surgery in the future I would have every confidence in putting myself in Dr Arzoglou hands and would indeed ask to be referred to him.

Short link to review Mr Vasileios Arzoglou: http://iwgc.net/ehlej