mr-trif-papettas

« 1 2 3 4 »

18th April 2020

My health care suggested Mr Papettas when my GP wanted me to have a colonoscapy because of a recurrent complaint and the NHS wait times were a bit too long for me. He was really comprehensive and thorough, doing other tests to get a full understanding of my physiology and my issue before performing the colonoscopy. I was a bit nervous about the procedure, but Mr Papettas reassured me. He also performed the the test, talking me through it as I watched on a TV. It was really interesting. About a week or so later, the results came back, and Mr Papettas talked me through all my test results, thankfully all clear, and gave me advice on what to do moving forwards from a lifestyle point of view, and what to do to resolve issue medically should my complaint prove to be too much for me. Really great guy and really glad I was put under his care. If I have other bowel related conditions, or if I decide to go further to treat my condition, I would definitely seek him out again.

17th April 2020

I became a patient of Mr Papettas on recommendation and from seeing how highly regarded he is within his respective field. I had a long standing condition that I had attempted to treat on the NHS and with another private consultant, which had taken a number of years, failing to resolve any of my symptoms. By the time I had booked an appointment, I was really struggling with pain management and quite nervous as to why I didn’t seem to respond to treatment. Within my first consultation, I explained the medical issues I was having, previous treatments, and apprehensions with potential future treatments. I immediately felt at ease as he explained to me potential causes, why certain treatments may have failed, and took time in explaining lines of treatment that he could utilise to help alleviate pain. He was kind, professional, and welcoming. It was evident that Mr Papettas genuinely cared about how I was and gave me a timescale on treatments and contingency options, should my symptoms still persist. Due to the duration of time I had been in pain, he was keen for me to have an initial investigative procedure as soon as possible. This was arranged for me just 13 days after my first consultation, which is amazing in itself. After that procedure, he advised me that surgery was most viable and effective way of treating my symptoms. We discussed, in detail, what the surgery involved, recovery, potential complications, and the intention. This was, again, personally arranged by him and at short notice. Cutting a long story short, the surgery was a success and I have now been asymptomatic for a month, after being in pain for years (Mr Papettas having solved this in less than 8 weeks). The relief I feel is inexplicable. I cannot express just how grateful I am for his time and treatment. An amazing consultant.

2nd April 2020

Mr Papettas has recently carried out a hernia and hydrocele operation for me. Having never had surgery before I was quite apprehensive. He took great care to put me at ease and explain everything before the procedure was carried out. It was done quickly and efficiently and I am most grateful for his consideration and expertise.

7th February 2020

I was so lucky to see Mr Papettas, I can not praise him enough! I was diagnosed with a virus which then took over many parts of my body for months and after seeing consultants for other areas of my body I then found myself in his care and was so relieved when I ended up in A&E after a turn for the worse and he was also there to care for me. He explains everything thoroughly, some consultants whiz you in and out but he certainly never does. He's great at putting you at ease, calming and re-assuring. He performed a couple of procedures at the Nuffield hospital and they went very well - he was in my hospital room straight afterwards again explaining and re-assuring me that all was well, which was amazing to have that immediate information. He has a very friendly professional approach and my husband & I felt that he investigated every option thoroughly and I have every faith that I am now on the road to recovery thanks to him.

4th February 2020

I asked for a referral after my GP agreed that I had a hernia, but then said the NHS did not touch hernias unless it got really serious, I was referred to Mr Papettas who examined me. He was not happy with original and asked for a blood test and a scan. A few days later I received an appointment and M Papettas in a very kind and gentle manner, advised me that I had Hodgkins Lymphoma and that he would be referred to Dr Borg who took me under his wing . After six months of chemo I was eventually given the all clear and am getting my life back together. I am so grateful to both of these consultants for their skills and care.

« 1 2 3 4 »

Mr Trif Papettas is a Consultant Colorectal and General Surgeon at South Warwickshire NHS Foundation Trust (SWFT) with a specialist interest in minimally invasive (Key Hole) Laparoscopic surgery. He is an integral member of the regional cancer and inflammatory bowel disease team. His NHS practice also covers emergency and general surgery. Mr Papettas graduated from the University of Sheffield Medical School with Honours. He completed his higher surgical training in the West Midlands Deanery within some of the UK's busiest surgical departments and has gained extensive expertise in the treatment of a wide spectrum of colorectal and general surgical disorders. Prior to starting his consultant post he completed advanced fellowship training within the prestigious Queen Elizabeth (Birmingham) and Frimley Park Hospitals. His Ethicon Advanced Laparoscopic Fellowship gave him additional training in pelvic floor and Robotic surgery. Mr Papettas has now completed over a 1000 laparoscopic surgeries and holds full JAG accreditation in therapeutic colonoscopy and diagnostic gastroscopy. He regularly performs laparoscopic/open hernia repairs and gallbladder removal surgery. He has an interest in perianal conditions including haemorrhoids, fistula and fissures. He is one of few surgeons in the UK regularly performing ileoanal pouch surgery for colitis. Mr Papettas performs the following treatments at Nuffield Health Warwickshire Hospital: Management of Bowel conditions (Cancer, Diverticular disease, Colitis, IBS) Gallbladder Surgery Hernia repairs Gastroscopy, Colonoscopy Treatment for piles, anal fissures, fistulas He is based at South Warwickshire NHS Foundation Trust, Warwick and Stratford Hospitals Nuffield Warwickshire, Leamington spa Webpages https://www.nuffieldhealth.com/consultants/mr-trif-papettas https://finder.bupa.co.uk/Consultant/view/227510/mr_trif_papettas http://privatebowelsurgeon.com

Nearest Gastroenterologists