Mr Trif Papettas

Mr Trif Papettas is a Consultant Colorectal and General Surgeon at South Warwickshire NHS Foundation Trust (SWFT) with a specialist interest in minimally invasive (Key Hole) Laparoscopic surgery. He is an integral member of the regional cancer and inflammatory bowel disease team. His NHS practice also covers emergency and general surgery. Mr Papettas graduated from the University of Sheffield Medical School with Honours. He completed his higher surgical training in the West Midlands Deanery within some of the UK's busiest surgical departments and has gained extensive expertise in the treatment of a wide spectrum of colorectal and general surgical disorders. Prior to starting his consultant post he completed advanced fellowship training within the prestigious Queen Elizabeth (Birmingham) and Frimley Park Hospitals. His Ethicon Advanced Laparoscopic Fellowship gave him additional training in pelvic floor and Robotic surgery. Mr Papettas has now completed over a 1000 laparoscopic surgeries and holds full JAG accreditation in therapeutic colonoscopy and diagnostic gastroscopy. He regularly performs laparoscopic/open hernia repairs and gallbladder removal surgery. He has an interest in perianal conditions including haemorrhoids, fistula and fissures. He is one of few surgeons in the UK regularly performing ileoanal pouch surgery for colitis. Mr Papettas performs the following treatments at Nuffield Health Warwickshire Hospital: Management of Bowel conditions (Cancer, Diverticular disease, Colitis, IBS) Gallbladder Surgery Hernia repairs Gastroscopy, Colonoscopy Treatment for piles, anal fissures, fistulas He is based at South Warwickshire NHS Foundation Trust, Warwick and Stratford Hospitals Nuffield Warwickshire, Leamington spa Webpages https://www.nuffieldhealth.com/consultants/mr-trif-papettas https://finder.bupa.co.uk/Consultant/view/227510/mr_trif_papettas http://privatebowelsurgeon.com

Written by a patient at The Warwickshire Nuffield Hospital
28th October 2019

Mr Papettas was polite and courteous and he provided good advice and suggestions for my condition. He carried out a colonoscopy and explained what was being done and talked me through the results and the follow up so I understood the situation. I know I would be confident going back to him for all future treatment.

28th October 2019

Triff carried out two procedures on myself, one being Colorectal surgery subsequent to my diagnosis of Bowel Cancer and following my chemotherapy treatment the reversal of my Ileostomy on both occasions these were carried out successfully. His professionalism and conduct have been exemplary throughout and he always managed to make me feel at ease through a difficult period, instilling a confidence and reassurance that you were in very capable hands, which I thank him for.

28th October 2019

I have had three operations under the care of Mr. Papettas and I cannot praise his professionalism and expertise too much. The first, at Warwick Hospital last year was an emergency operation and Mr Papettas and his team were first class. He was subsequently able to carry out a second remedial operation to give me back a normal life. He then carried out a procedure at the Nuffield this year for a hernia and again the procedure has been a complete success. During the times I have been under his care, he has been thoroughly professional and always explained procedures clearly and calmly. I have no hesitation in recommending him to anyone requiring treatment in his area of expertise.

28th October 2019

I first encountered Trif on Boxing Day 2015 when I was admitted to Warwick Hospital for small bowel ischemia. He removed the dead bowel and resected the ends - probably saving my life. Unfortunately, the nursing care did not live up to his standard and I was given a drug which caused retching and ruptured an internal stitch. This resulted in an infection and 5 months later I had to have mesh fitted to correct the incisional hernia I had. Several years later I was still having problems and Trif used a CT scan and an colonoscopy to check that all was well.

Written by a patient at The Warwickshire Nuffield Hospital
27th October 2019

Mr Papettas was extremely professional and reassuring, he has a very pleasant calm demeanour. I was having gall bladder removed & was nervous about the condition & the operation. From my initial consultation, endoscopy & gall bladder removal surgery. Mr Papettas explained everything & was really understanding & allayed all my fears. I can't recommend him highly enough.

Short link to review Mr Trif Papettas: http://iwgc.net/egwq6