Mr Tony Kochhar

Professor Tony Kochhar is a Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon specialising in Shoulder, Elbow, Upper Limb Surgery. He is also a Visiting Professor of Sports Science at the University of Greenwich, London. His practice is based around the principle that an early accurate diagnosis and prompt specialist treatment will lead to a faster recovery and return to work and sport. He regularly treats elite athletes and professional sportsmen and applies the same techniques to ensure all of his patients make the best possible recovery. He is an expert in keyhole surgery and minimally invasive techniques and uses only best practice and the latest techniques. Professor Kochhar completed his specialist training at the Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital in Stanmore, and then worked with some of the best shoulder surgeons in the world. He regularly lectures both nationally and internationally at leading shoulder conferences and training courses and continues to teach the latest techniques to trainees and fellow Consultants from around the country and internationally. He has also written articles in the national and international press.

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery

24th July 2017
Written by a patient at BMI The Sloane Hospital

I'm writing this review because I wanted to express how happy I am to have finally found a great consultant to fix my shoulder. I've seen two different consultants before and I thought both were doing the right thing but I wasn't getting any better. A friend recommended Tony Kochhar as he had seen him before, and I went to see him because of this. He talked me through my previous scans and then explained what was going on in a way I finally understood. He's very safe in his approach and I found he was nowhere near as quick to recommend surgery like the other two consultants had. He said I would do well with good physiotherapy and has put me in touch with a physio who has made more of a difference than anyone else I've seen. I'm grateful for Tony's advice and would like to say that if you're unsure about your diagnosis from another consultant go and see him!

7th July 2017
Written by a patient at London Bridge Hospital

I have been looked after by Professor Kochhar and his team now for a few months. They have helped me with a shoulder problem which I have struggled with for years and seen various specialists for. He and his team have been great and explained things in detail at each step of the way. I'm especially impressed by the fact that he referred me to such a great physio and knew her expertise and the fact that she would be the right fit for me. The whole experience has been great and I am thankful for their help.

5th July 2017
Written by a patient at BMI The Sloane Hospital

Prof. Kochhar very kindly saw me this week and arranged a scan for me at short notice. His secretary Ruby has been very helpful and went out of her way to keep in touch with me throughout. I need an op but I'm comfortable that this decision has been arrived at with everything carefully considered. He showed me exactly why I needed the operation on my MRI and my physio also confirmed he was absolutely right. Great service and I am confident I will do well under his care.

1st July 2017
Written by a carer at BMI The Sloane Hospital

Mr Kochhar and his whole team is great. He saw me for a broken collar bone following a cycling accident. Great care and follow up. Excellent communication from him and his team. I had questions after my appointment and which I emailed in and Mr Kochhar called me to go through them. I would recommend him to friends and family.

1st July 2017
Written by a patient at BMI The Sloane Hospital

Mr Kochhar's whole team has been great. I broke my collar bone in a cycling accident and he treated me for this. From the initial appointment to the operation he explained things clearly and helped me to understand what was going on.

Short link to review Mr Tony Kochhar: http://iwgc.net/ee4hr