Mr Tony Kochhar

Professor Tony Kochhar is a Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon specialising in Shoulder, Elbow, Upper Limb Surgery. He is also a Visiting Professor of Sports Science at the University of Greenwich, London. His practice is based around the principle that an early accurate diagnosis and prompt specialist treatment will lead to a faster recovery and return to work and sport. He regularly treats elite athletes and professional sportsmen and applies the same techniques to ensure all of his patients make the best possible recovery. He is an expert in keyhole surgery and minimally invasive techniques and uses only best practice and the latest techniques. Professor Kochhar completed his specialist training at the Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital in Stanmore, and then worked with some of the best shoulder surgeons in the world. He regularly lectures both nationally and internationally at leading shoulder conferences and training courses and continues to teach the latest techniques to trainees and fellow Consultants from around the country and internationally. He has also written articles in the national and international press.

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery

« 1 2 3 4 »

15th February 2018
Written by a patient at London Bridge Hospital

I wanted to leave a review and just read the last one about someone having an injection for frozen shoulder which is exactly what I had, but with completely the opposite effect. I was diagnosed with frozen shoulder by my physio and referred to Tony, he recommended a steroid injection which he explained would be carried out under ultrasound guidance as it was more accurate. I had the procedure, which was painful but not as painful as my shoulder had been for ages. I had physio after about a week and then went to see Tony again. He has been very good at making sure that everyone related to my treatment has been talking to each other and that the physio and injection had worked. I am about 90% of the way there but everyone involved told me I would have to work with the physiotherapist and I'm grateful to them for setting my expectations. He did also tell me that it worked in most cases but in some cases surgery would be necessary. I'm actually really grateful it didn't need to get to that stage!

29th January 2018
Written by a patient at London Bridge Hospital

I went to see Professor Kochhar in early October last year and he did rush through the consultation, seeming not to really listen to me. He sent me for an MRI. The diagnosis was made by his radiologist - essentially, frozen shoulder/adhesive capsulitis. It was recommended that I have a cortisone injection carried out by the radiologist who had diagnosed the problem and the procedure was agonisingly painful. I had pain for days afterwards and some physiotherapy following that. Yes, the pain did lessen, but it's now January and the pain has simply returned. The cost of this treatment was very high (to my insurance company). I wish that I had gone to a specialist who does not focus quite so much on marketing. Yes, your pain will go away. But it will return because the essential physical problem still remains - it's a short term fix.

19th January 2018
Written by a patient at London Bridge Hospital

I wanted to write a review as I’m very grateful that Professor Kochhar went out of his way to make sure I was looked after this week. I needed to see him urgently and he made an appointment available for me at short notice (I know he was very busy). He also arranged the tests I needed and made sure his secretary followed up with me to make sure it was all going okay. Not many people go the extra mile nowadays which is why I’m writing this review.

19th December 2017
Written by a patient at London Bridge Hospital

Tony has helped me get over a difficult shoulder condition which had been misdiagnosed by another consultant. He is a consummate professional and I have no hesitation in recommending him.

31st October 2017
Written by a patient at London Bridge Hospital

Very happy with my shoulder following surgery with Tony. I didn't realise how much pain I was in before the operation! Thanks Tony!

« 1 2 3 4 »