Mr Tony Kochhar

Professor Tony Kochhar is a Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon specialising in Shoulder, Elbow, Upper Limb Surgery. He is also a Visiting Professor of Sports Science at the University of Greenwich, London. His practice is based around the principle that an early accurate diagnosis and prompt specialist treatment will lead to a faster recovery and return to work and sport. He regularly treats elite athletes and professional sportsmen and applies the same techniques to ensure all of his patients make the best possible recovery. He is an expert in keyhole surgery and minimally invasive techniques and uses only best practice and the latest techniques. Professor Kochhar completed his specialist training at the Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital in Stanmore, and then worked with some of the best shoulder surgeons in the world. He regularly lectures both nationally and internationally at leading shoulder conferences and training courses and continues to teach the latest techniques to trainees and fellow Consultants from around the country and internationally. He has also written articles in the national and international press.

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery

31st October 2017
Written by a patient at London Bridge Hospital

Very happy with my shoulder following surgery with Tony. I didn't realise how much pain I was in before the operation! Thanks Tony!

10th October 2017
Written by a patient at London Bridge Hospital

Great care throughout. I was also very impressed with his team, who all responded quickly to queries and kept me informed of what was going on. Would recommend as a specialist.

1st October 2017
Written by a patient at BMI The Sloane Hospital

I saw Tony recently having had over 20 sessions of Physio for my shoulder. I had been told I had torn my rotator cuff. Tony listened to me and understood how much pain I had been in and how frustrating it had been across the summer. I had been unable to continue with my body pump classes or even go to the gym. After examining me he reassured me that he was pretty sure I hadn't torn my rotator cuff and surgery wasn't necessary. He sent me for a scan and I saw him straight afterwards. I had a frozen shoulder all along. It's only a week since he first saw me but I've had an injection and I'm starting Physio. My pain has almost gone! Thanks tony!

30th August 2017
Written by a patient at London Bridge Hospital

Tony Kochhar has been treating me for shoulder pain and I've recently been discharged back to my physiotherapist. I did not have an operation as I was shown that I didn't need one! He knew my Physio well and worked with them on a treatment plan which has got me back to doing everything I used to do before. I couldn't remember what it was like to be pain free but thanks to Tony and his team and my physio Greg I have made a full recovery.

24th July 2017
Written by a patient at BMI The Sloane Hospital

I'm writing this review because I wanted to express how happy I am to have finally found a great consultant to fix my shoulder. I've seen two different consultants before and I thought both were doing the right thing but I wasn't getting any better. A friend recommended Tony Kochhar as he had seen him before, and I went to see him because of this. He talked me through my previous scans and then explained what was going on in a way I finally understood. He's very safe in his approach and I found he was nowhere near as quick to recommend surgery like the other two consultants had. He said I would do well with good physiotherapy and has put me in touch with a physio who has made more of a difference than anyone else I've seen. I'm grateful for Tony's advice and would like to say that if you're unsure about your diagnosis from another consultant go and see him!

Short link to review Mr Tony Kochhar: http://iwgc.net/ee4hr