Mr Tony Kochhar

Professor Tony Kochhar is a Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon specialising in Shoulder, Elbow, Upper Limb Surgery. He is also a Visiting Professor of Sports Science at the University of Greenwich, London. His practice is based around the principle that an early accurate diagnosis and prompt specialist treatment will lead to a faster recovery and return to work and sport. He regularly treats elite athletes and professional sportsmen and applies the same techniques to ensure all of his patients make the best possible recovery. He is an expert in keyhole surgery and minimally invasive techniques and uses only best practice and the latest techniques. Professor Kochhar completed his specialist training at the Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital in Stanmore, and then worked with some of the best shoulder surgeons in the world. He regularly lectures both nationally and internationally at leading shoulder conferences and training courses and continues to teach the latest techniques to trainees and fellow Consultants from around the country and internationally. He has also written articles in the national and international press.

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery

1st May 2017
Written by a patient at London Bridge Hospital

Overall he was very friendly and seemed nice but we did not get the feeling he was particularly caring and seemed very quick to recommend surgery. We asked why two other surgeons had recommended physiotherapy and not surgery he simply responded that he was the top person in the country and we were just not convinced. We hope our review does not sway you from seeing him and making up your own mind.

1st May 2017
Written by a patient at London Bridge Hospital

I do not normally write negative reviews of doctors as I think they work in a very difficult area with very busy lives and it must be very stressful. However, unfortunately I have had a few health issues over the last year which have meant I have had to visit several doctors and so feel I have developed a good gauge of what a doctor should be. I feel Profressor Tony Kocchar is one of the most self promotional doctors I have met. Everything from the way he talks about himself "I'm the only shoulder surgeon to have featured in Tatler in 2013" (five years ago!) to "I am a professor" (an honorary role and as far as I can see in name only as he doesn't appear to be active in an academic sense). He did not show empathy for my problem and was very rude to my partner. I felt that he only saw me as a consultation fee and really didn't care how I was doing. I'm sorry but that just the way he made me feel.

17th February 2017
Written by a patient at BMI Chelsfield Park Hospital

I had a serious shoulder injury requiring surgery and could not have asked for a better doctor. Professional, kind and understanding and clearly a leader in his field, I'm so grateful to him for the repair and today I'm totally back to normal in that shoulder. I'm in health care myself and quite critical of health care but can't recommend Mr Kochhar highly enough.

Short link to review Mr Tony Kochhar: http://iwgc.net/ee4hr