Add your review of Mr Tobias Hammond

Broomfield Hospital
General surgery

How old are you?

Do you have any of the following long-standing conditions?

I confirm that I have read and that I accept your Terms and Conditions and agree to my personal data being used in accordance with your Privacy Policy.
   or

Mr Tobias Hammond

22 reviews

I am a consultant general & colorectal surgeon at Broomfield Hospital, Chelmsford, Essex. I also work at Braintree Community Hospital and Ramsay Springfield Hospital. I perform open & laparoscopic surgery for colorectal cancer, inflammatory bowel disease, diverticular disease and hernias. I have subspecialty interests in anal and pelvic floor pathology, and abdominal wall repair for complex hernias. I graduated from Liverpool University Medical School in 1998 . I became a member of the Royal College of Surgeons of England in 2003, and a fellow in 2011. I was awarded my certificate for completion of surgical training in 2012. During this time I worked as a senior registrar at St Mark's Hospital, Harrow (a national and international referral centre for intestinal and colorectal disorders) and a laparoscopic colorectal fellowship at Colchester General Hospital. Whilst training I undertook a 2 year period of full time research. I investigated the role of biomaterials in the management of parastomal hernias and anal fistulas. This culminated in a reasearch MD, awarded by the University of London, as well as the Colon & Rectal Disease Research Foundation Prize, by the Association of Coloproctology of Great Britain & Ireland (ACPGBI). I was also granted a travelling fellowship by the Coloproctology Section of the Royal Society of Medicine. I continue to enjoy publishing and presenting on my research areas of interest. I have been invited to review articles for the Lancet, British Journal of Surgery, Colorectal Disease, Techniques in Coloproctology and The International Journal of Surgery. I have co-authored chapters on anal fistulas for the 6th edition of Rob & Smith's Operative Surgery: Surgery of the Colon, Rectum and Anus, and for Anus: Surgical Treatment and Pathology (edited by R Cohen and A Windsor).

Specialties