Mr Timothy Jones

Timothy is a consultant neurosurgeon at St George's Hospital, London. He has a special interest in the management of facial pain, hemifacial spasm, spinal surgery & brain tumours and he is the Neuro-Oncology MDT lead clinician for St George's. Prior to becoming a consultant surgeon he undertook a PhD in brain tumour diagnosis using MRI scanning and a fellowship in brain tumour surgery. He co-ordinates a study into the surveillance of low-grade gliomas and has an active research interest in brain tumour surgery.

• Neurosurgery

Written by a patient at St George's Hospital
25th October 2019

7 years ago Mr Tim Jones and his Neurosurgeocal team saved my life. The level of care and treatment I received afterwards was outstanding. Forever grateful. Alan Akhgar

Written by a patient at St George's Hospital
24th January 2019

I had had Trigeminal Neuralgia for approximately 8 years and for the first 5 years or so the pain was controlled by drugs (Tegretol). Over time the pains returned and by the time I saw Tim Jones after carrying out my own research and having been referred by my GP I was absolutely desperate. My life was a struggle and I could understand why TN is described as the suicide pain. At my first appointment I couldn’t stop crying but Tim was so kind and understood that it was an indication of my pain. He discussed my options (surgical and non surgical) and referred me to a pain consultant (Dr Blackburn) who adjusted my medication whilst I decided what to do. As an MVD is elective surgery I had to be sure that it was the right decision for me. Tim suggested that I discuss it with my family as there are risks attached to this operation. After a lot of soul searching I decided to put my trust in him as this was my chance for an end to my pain. After one failed attempt (my bloods were wrong) I finally had my operation in August 2018. Everything went to plan and Tim came to see me straight after the operation to reassure me that he had in fact solved the problem. I have had no pains since. I would absolutely recommend Tim. He is professional, very kind and has a good sense of humour. A great Neurosurgeon. It is no exaggeration to day that he has literally changed my life!

Nearest Neurosurgeons