Mr Timothy Jones

Timothy is a consultant neurosurgeon at St George's Hospital, London. He has a special interest in the management of facial pain, hemifacial spasm, spinal surgery & brain tumours and he is the Neuro-Oncology MDT lead clinician for St George's. Prior to becoming a consultant surgeon he undertook a PhD in brain tumour diagnosis using MRI scanning and a fellowship in brain tumour surgery. He co-ordinates a study into the surveillance of low-grade gliomas and has an active research interest in brain tumour surgery.

• Neurosurgery

23rd August 2016
Written by a patient at St George's Hospital

I was in pain for a year and was sent to the pain clinic at kingston where there I felt that I was not being listened to I knew there was something wrong with me and it was more than sciatica . They did not what to do another MRI scan so I asked my doctor I wanted to see a specialist at St George's hospital. The day of my appointment I was meet by Mr Tim Jones he had my old Mri scan and was explaining what he could see and thought but the only difference was that when I spoke he listened and took note. He agreed with another MRI scan and thank God he did because on my next meeting with him he told me that I had a tumour in my spine. He explained details of the operation and the risks . At not one point did I not trust him. Even though there are risk with every operations I knew I was in good hands. I have had the operation and all as gone well. I thank you Mr Tim Jones for listening.

17th May 2016
Written by a patient at St George's Hospital

Dr Timothy Jones is an excellent neurosergent I was so lucky to meet! Amazing is the profetional way he kept in touch with me planning every step of my treatment regardless his tremendous work load.I am not surprised that he is someone qualified with first class honours and medal for most outstanding performance because in the real life he is perfectionist devoted to his job!

14th May 2016
Written by a patient at St George's Hospital

Calm, reassuring and utterly professional with a wonderful sense of humour. I would thoroughly recommend Tim Jones for all these qualities and for his unfailing patience and understanding manner. All that and it goes without saying that he is a truly outstanding surgeon.

30th April 2016
Written by a carer at St George's Hospital

We met Mr. Timothy Jones as a result of my Uncle's medical diagnosis of a brain tumor. The professionalism and empathy demonstrated by Mr. Jones in discussions with us was exemplary. The information provided helped us navigate a difficult situation. In addition, the follow-up immediately post-surgery was much appreciated. Mr. Jones represents the best of the NHS and we would recommend him to anyone seeking guidance and surgical attention in similar situations.

Nearest Neurosurgeons