mr-thomas-satyadas

Written by a patient at Manchester Royal Infirmary
10th January 2020

I was transferred to Manchester Royal Infirmary from another hospital due to complications involved in the removal of my gall bladder and stones, as part of my large and small intestines were in the right side of my chest causing the gall bladder to be misplaced, additionally my liver had flipped, twisted and had become misplaced due to my having a very small diaphragm. During the surgery Mr Satyadas reconstructed my diaphragm and not only reattached my liver to it but also repositioned my intestines to their correct place and removed both my gall bladder and a very large number of stones. Prior to actual surgery Mr Satyadas took time to talk to myself and my husband on a number of occasions to ensure that we fully understood all the aspects and the many risks involved in the major procedure that was required to correct all of the problems that I had which he had not previously attempted together. We were given plenty of time to reflect on our decision and no pressure was put on us one way or the other. The operation lasted approximately 10 hours, after which Mr Satyadas took the time to ring my husband to tell him that all had gone well and that he had been able to do everything that he had explained to us previously. During my subsequent stay in both HDU and on the ward Mr Satyadas paid a number of visits to check on me. Following my discharge he also took the trouble to facetime call me at home to check on my progress. Mr Satyadas is a most caring, kind, and approachable man who explains things in detail but in an understandable way. I would have no hesitation in highly recommending Mr Satyadas and his team, I feel so fortunate in having been under his excellent care, he is quite simply both a wonderful skilled surgeon and man.

9th January 2020

It was with a certain amount of trepidation that I attended my initial consultation with Mr Thomas Satyadas at the BMI Alexandra hospital in Cheadle, knowing that the outcome would mean surgery. Within a few minutes of meeting him I was put at ease by his very calm nature. He listened to me, he answered all my questions and he explained exactly what would happen during my surgery. He came to see me on the morning of my operation, made sure I was happy with what to expect and, once again left me feeling reassured. When my surgery was over he personally phoned my husband to let him know that all had gone well. Throughout my five day stay in The Alexandra Mr Satyadas came to see me on a number of occasions to check on my progress, yet again showing care and concern, which was greatly appreciated by myself and my family. The care and attention I received from Mr Satyadas and his team, from consultation to discharge, was second to none. I would have no hesitation in recommending this amazing Surgeon to anyone.

Written by a patient at Manchester Royal Infirmary
8th January 2020

I underwent a liver resection surgery under the constant great care of Mr Thomas Satyadas & his attentive team at the MRI. Would like to say thank you to HPB Macmillan nurse, Alison for easing my fears about surgery & recovery. I found Mr Satyadas very professional, friendly & highly skilled that I was very, very happy & totally relieved with the outcome of my surgery. Mr Satyadas even went above & beyond to perform an excision of a para-aortic node whilst I was in theatre. I can't express my full gratitude to Mr Satyadas for performing two medical procedures. I can highly recommend Mr Satyadas for his expertise in HPB to any patients.

21st December 2019

I was due to have an inguinal hernia repair in May in Yorkshire, which the surgeon was going to carry out with open surgery (due to the size of the hernia). The operation was cancelled due to the surgeon's illness, and in September (after no progress in re-scheduling my operation) I moved to Mr Satyadas at the Alexandra in Cheadle. My Satyadas was confident that he could make the repair with keyhole surgery. He even fixed a bonus umbilical hernia at the same time. The surgery, in November when the hernia was considerably bigger than it was in May), went remarkably well, and after 10 days I was back to full health - incredible! This was a much better recovery than my previous inguinal hernia repair (on the other side), which was open surgery three years earlier. I would absolutely recommend My Satyadas!!!

14th December 2019

This surgeon is decisive, a good communicator, considerate and kind. He took the trouble to personally phone my husband immediately post op. I would recommend him to anyone.

Mr Thomas Satyadas was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2020 for delivering outstanding care.

Short link to review Mr Thomas Satyadas: http://iwgc.net/efsty