13th February 2017
Written by a patient at Furness General Hospital

This doctor was fantastic he lisend to me and answers all my questions. My operation went very well and my breathing is great. A very nice man thank you. From Steven westray.

8th February 2017
Written by a patient at Furness General Hospital

I've only met Mr Shiva once. My impression was very positive. He communicated very well.

8th February 2017
Written by a patient at Furness General Hospital

Mr.Siva put me totally at ease on my first appointment at FENT and referred me for a CT scan of my sinuses. I received a phone call from the waiting list office 2 weeks later to arrange my follow up appointment. Mr.Siva explained the results in detail and showed me the scan which proved that I hadn't been imagining dental pain and that my dentist had treated me appropriately but as I was still having problems he prescribed some steroids to boost the effect of my nasal spray so hopefully I won't need to have surgery. He is one of the nicest consultants that I have encountered and is without doubt an asset to ENT department at FGH. Mrs Sharon Salisbury

29th January 2017
Written by a patient at Westmorland General Hospital

Mr Siva was incredibly understanding and explained the problem very well.

26th January 2017
Written by a patient at Furness General Hospital

I was referred to Mr Siva in October following a CT scan for recurrent nasal polyps. Mr Siva and his team noted how anxious I was about surgery and he spent nearly an hour discussing diet changes, medication and other ways I could treat the polyps. I opted not to have surgery on this occasion and went away very happy and informed of how the polyps could be managed. After an extended course of steroids I managed two days before representing to the GP with extreme polyps protruding from my nose. I was fortunate to be seen by an extremely sympathetic GP who'd suffers from polyps. I asked if I could be re-referred back to Mr Siva, I saw Mr Siva 8 days after, at this point I was taking steroids and on antibiotics. Whilst at the consultation Mr Siva contacted the listing team and I was given a date for surgery. I was reassured about how the surgery would be conducted and able to express my concerns. I attended for surgery on the 16th January I was seen by all of Mr Siva's team before going to theatre and Mr Siva himself which was very reassuring. The care I received pre and post theatre was fantastic, I am anxious patient but everyone explained and took time with me, which helped. Returning to the ward I felt great, sadly that was short lived however pain relief was given regularly and I was regularly checked and reassured. I remained as an inpatient overnight and discharged the following day with plenty of pain killers, antibiotics, information and contact numbers if required. I cannot fault any of the care I received during my stay, it was excellent. Thank you.

Short link to review Mr Thiru Siva: http://iwgc.net/efnb3