Mr Tevita Aho

Mr Aho's main specialty areas are male lower urinary tract symptoms/urinary retention and kidney cancer. Mr Aho offers Holmium Laser Enucleation of the Prostate (HoLEP) and Urolift for men with urinary problems and is the most experienced HoLEP surgeon in the UK having performed more than 1,800 procedures. He is also very experienced in laparoscopic and open kidney surgery

25th April 2019
Written by a patient at Addenbrooke's Hospital

My prostate was unusually large and causing the usual problems with urinating but also my bladder was not emptying fully and causing kidney malfunction. For several weeks this meant I had to wear a catheter to ensure the bladder kept emptying. Salvation came nearly three months ago with HoLEP surgery performed by Mr Tevita Aho and I am absolutely delighted with the end result. From start to finish there was no pain or complications except for some minor stinging when urinating but even this only lasted for a few days. I recovered from surgery very quickly (after only a couple of weeks) and I am now living a “normal” life again, back to where I was about 10-15 years ago. Throughout, Mr Aho has been extremely helpful and his care and proficiency during the procedure has ensured I now have my life back. I would certainly recommend Mr Aho and the HoLEP procedure to anyone suffering the symptoms that I was experiencing. “Health is wealth” and I cannot thank Mr Aho enough for alleviating my prostate problems.

27th March 2019
Written by a patient at The Princess Grace Hospital

Age related prostate enlargement and its associated problems had, after several years of ever more constrained everyday living, reached the point where the NHS decided to offer me a TURP procedure, the medicated route no longer effective in any way. Naturally I'd much rather choose not to have avoidable, discretionary surgery, especially so, well, sensitively placed. Still, I plucked up from somewhere the necessary courage. However, it seemed to me there could be better alternatives than a TURP. By great good fortune I was recommended to Mr Tev Aho for a second look at matters. The result was the HOLEP procedure. From start to finish I couldn't imagine a more considerate and personable approach, by such an immensely skilled surgeon. Immediate recovery was a bit uncomfortable but short lived. Three months on, and I am still getting used to the wonderful novelty of waterworks that perform just as I remember from at least thirty years ago. Quite remarkable. All I can say to anyone having to accommodate the limitations imposed by frequency, urgency and broken nights is to seriously consider a consultation with Mr Aho. I recommend his care without hesitation.

16th March 2019
Written by a patient at Addenbrooke's Hospital

Having completely lost every modicum of trust in the "Specialists" where I live I decided to search the Internet for a professional who specialised in the surgery I required, the HoLEP Procedure. Having read the reports I emailed Tev Aho a number of times concerning the operation and on each occasion promptly received every conceivable answer to my questions which gave me foresight or a premonition that he was a consummate professional. Ten days before the operation I met him personally and knew without a moments hesitation that I had made the correct choice. The operation went without any problems and Tev visited me afterwards with the details which he imparted in a readily understandable manner. Now I am home and well down the road to a full recovery for which I can thank Tev and his colleagues at Addenbrooke's who are the epitomy of professionalism coupled with those rare attributes of caring and understanding. To them all my greatest appreciation for your skills. Prior to concluding, I would have absolutely no hesitation in recommending Tev Aho should one require his particular services. Excellent and outstanding in every respect. Those words seem mediocre descriptions.

5th March 2019
Written by a patient at Nuffield Hospital Cambridge

Gave complete confidence before my laser prostate operation and everything went just as Mr Aho said it would. I was almost fully recovered within a few days and would highly recommend Mr Aho and the Cambridge Nuffield.

6th September 2018
Written by a patient at Nuffield Hospital Cambridge

Mr Aho performed HoLEP surgery on me 3 months ago. The result has transformed my life for the better. I sleep throughout the night without getting up and go to the toilet about 4 times a day without any effort. Mr Aho is a delightful modest surgeon who has a reassuring manner and an active listener. When I first met Mr Aho with my urinary problem I was very concerned about the HoLEP procedure and wondered whether I was taking a risk at my age (84) with a large prostate. The discussion was so reassuring that I proceeded to have the operation. I have advised all my friends who have to go to the toilet very frequently or know they have a large prostate to go and be examined by this delightful man. I cannot thank him enough for the way he has helped me to enjoy the rest of my life. I wish him every success and happiness in the future.

Nearest Urologists