Mr Tevita Aho

Mr Aho's main specialty areas are male lower urinary tract symptoms/urinary retention and kidney cancer. Mr Aho offers Holmium Laser Enucleation of the Prostate (HoLEP) and Urolift for men with urinary problems and is the most experienced HoLEP surgeon in the UK having performed more than 1,800 procedures. He is also very experienced in laparoscopic and open kidney surgery

Written by a patient at Nuffield Hospital Cambridge
19th December 2019

a wonderful man who changed my life for the better I had a HoLEP operation. I would recommend this operation for any men with over large prostates make sure you have Mr Aho

Written by a patient at Addenbrooke's Hospital
19th November 2019

I went to see mr Aho in 2015 with a very large prostate he told me he could give me lazer and i will be in and out in a day, And that is exactly what happened. Iam still going strong. thank you mr Aho.

Written by a patient at Spire Cambridge Lea Hospital
24th July 2019

Great experience from start to finish. Mr Aho was really kind and caring and spent lots of time explaining the surgery to me and also gave me really accurate information on what to expect after surgery which was very helpful. I have had a great outcome and the surgery has transformed my life. Can't recommend Mr Aho strongly enough.

Written by a patient at Addenbrooke's Hospital
15th June 2019

Mr Aho carried out a HOLEP for me on March 9 and I went to see him for my follow up appointment on June 13. The procedure was such a success I was discharged. Mr Aho helped after I had been fitted with a catheter for 15 months during which time I had 27 'new' catheters fitted by my local NHS urology department. During my time under the control of Mr Aho he was without doubt the most kind and considerate consultant I had met. Prior to the operation he explained exactly what would happen and after the operation the information that he gave me was extremely accurate and I started to feel better and recover very quickly. My retirement had become a misery (unable to go anywhere and holidays cancelled) now with his help I am just a normal person again, no pain or discomfort. I am very grateful to him for giving me back my life.

Written by a carer at Addenbrooke's Hospital
20th May 2019

Dr Aho is a very dedicated urological surgeon who goes out of his way to make his patients and their family comfortable during their hospital stay and operative procedures, about which I have first hand experience. The 'Centre of excellence' for urological surgeries that he has established at Addenbrookes is true to its words as an excellent one with a great team effort.Best wishes, Dr Aho in your professional journey and 'Thank you ' is too small a word to express our genuine feelings towards the care we received under you!

Nearest Urologists