mr-syed-awais-bokhari

Mr Syed Awais Bokhari

10th July 2020

My first appointment with Mr Bokhari today went very well, his explanation of my condition was clear and comprehensive, the consultation wasn't rushed and I was totally satisfied with the professionalism shown to me. He described a range of possible treatments, and I would certainly trust his expertise.

10th July 2020
Response from Mr Syed Awais Bokhari

It was an absolute pleasure to review you today with all the Covid precautions in place. Explaining a Baker's cyst can pose a difficult consultation as it's typically a result of either soft tissue wear or arthritis, and it's not just a case of 'removing the cyst'. I am confident that you will not need a knee replacement any time soon. Please do contact me via my secretary if you need to bring our appointment forward. Stay safe.

Written by a patient at Burnley General Teaching Hospital
8th July 2020

He explained everything that was going to happen until I was happy with the procedure and then delivered everything he said he would. The care from initial referral, on the morning of the operation and the aftercare was exemplary

19th June 2020

It is not often one encounters a professional who stands out from the rest but Mr Syed Bokhari certainly does that. Mr Bokhari carried out a total left hip replacement on me and this was my first experience of surgery. From my first consultation with him, Mr Bokhari listened intently to my problems and we discussed options for my treatment. Having decided together that surgery was necessary, Mr Bokhari took great care to explain everything to me in a way that left me feeling we were going to do this together. I walked from the ward down to theatre where Mr Bokhari took the time to meet me and chat about the procedure and made sure I was relaxed and confident. I have hazy recollections of Mr Bokhari smiling at me and asking me if I was okay during the procedure. Post procedure Mr Bokhari continued to personally check on my welfare. His surgery was perfect and precise and the outcome was perfect with no issues. I cannot commend Mr Bokhari enough. He is not just a brilliant physician and surgeon but a wonderful man too. Thank you so much Mr Bokhari and your team.

19th June 2020
Response from Mr Syed Awais Bokhari

Thank you for leaving such wonderful feedback reverend. Heather updated me of your progress today. Keep up the good work and enjoy your new hip. God Bless

7th March 2020

Dr Bokhari recently carried out a hip replacement operation on myself. He was excellent at explaining what would happen during the procedure and during my recovery. During consultations with him he listened to my concerns and answered them. It is now 12 weeks since my op and I feel that I can do most things normally again. If I need the other hip replacing sometime in the future I would hope that Dr Bokhari would be able to be my surgeon again.

7th March 2020
Response from Mr Syed Awais Bokhari

Thank you for your message. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you need me. I am so pleased that you are making the most of your new hip replacement.

Written by a patient at Burnley General Teaching Hospital
25th February 2020

Had my left knee replaced on 21/1/20 at Burnley hospital. I can not speak highly enough of the car I received not only from Mr Bokhari, but from all the staff on ward 15 Hopefully I will be able to do a staged return to work and drive very soon as daytime tv is awful

25th February 2020
Response from Mr Syed Awais Bokhari

Great sense of Humour and fantastic effort in getting yourself rehabilitated. If there is anything we can do for you, please do not hesitate to contact our team.

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery

Mr Bokhari is a Consultant at East Lancashire Hospitals Trust specialising in hip and knee replacement surgery, complex hip and knee replacement surgery, revision surgery and peri prosthetic fracture fixation surgery. Mr Bokhari obtained his medical degree in 2007 from the prestigious King's College Medical University in London and since completed his specialist training in Yorkshire. During this time, Mr Bokhari was involved in over 2800 operations, having been the primary Surgeon in over a thousand. Once he obtained his certificate of completion training (CCT), Mr Bokhari was invited to undertake his fellowship at the birth centre of hip surgery and World renowned - Wrightington Hospital, where he refined his surgical skills to undertake complex primary and revision joint surgery. Mr Bokhari has published many articles of which some have led to local and national changes. Mr Bokhari has also written a book to help senior trainees pass their consultant exams. Mr Bokhari has a passion for teaching and this has led him to receive numerous teaching awards. His most prized award is the Dr Andrew White Master in Apprentice Teaching Award. Mr Bokhari enjoys playing Golf, Cricket, Wing Chun Kung Fu, cycling and Motor Racing. He is married and is a father to three daughters.

Short link to review Mr Syed Awais Bokhari: http://iwgc.net/ehxqs