Mr Suresh Pushpananthan

Mr Suresh Pushpananthan is a Consultant Neurosurgeon at The Royal London Hospital. He is a Neurosurgeon providing all round care for brain and spinal pathologies. He has a sub-specialist interest in Complex Spinal Neurosurgery. Working in the country's leading Major Trauma Centre, he deals with some of the most complex neurosurgical cases. He works in a collaborative manner with a large team of skilled, surgeons, doctors, nurses and therapists providing a holistic approach. Mr Pushpananthan has a passion for delivering high quality, cutting edge, patient-focused care. Mr Pushpananthan does not practice privately, choosing to work solely for the NHS.

• Neurosurgery

3rd October 2017
Written by a patient at The Royal London Hospital

This review is in regard to Aswin Chari (Neurosurgery SpR to Mr. Suresh Pushpanathan, Consultant) who looked after me during the period July-Sept 2017 and whose care I found exemplary. Aswin's approach was not only highly professional but also warm, respectful and inclusive. He was conscientious in explaining to me (in plain English) my condition and the requirements for my recovery - all of which made me feel 'part of the team' and gave me confidence not only in his skills but also in my own ability as a patient to manage what was a bit of a scary experience and lengthy mending process. Moreover, his thoughtful and detailed correspondence (to my GP, of which I have a copy) was as helpful to my family as it was to me and meant they too were able to feel confident in their support of me and relieved by my progress. And, so, I have no suggestions for how Aswin might 'improve to give greater care'. He's doing fine as is and - as frustrating as I know it sometimes gets these days for a doctor dealing with us impatient patients and the discouraging political vagaries in respect of the NHS - I can only encourage him to stick with what he's doing and know some of us at least are extremely grateful and appreciative. Judith S Barker OBE (Hospital No 10131161)

7th August 2017
Written by a patient at The Royal London Hospital

I am very pleased with the level of care I have received from Mr Pushpananthan and the large team of people who dealt with me - I was a (very) short-notice admission, so I've seen more of him after the procedure than before; Mr Pushpananthan both listens and explains clearly using the minimum terminology necessary for clarity. I'm once again impressed with what the NHS provides under difficult circumstances whenever it can - access to some of the very best specialists available anywhere. Thanks to them I'm on the road to recovery. Much appreciated.

19th July 2017
Written by a carer at The Royal London Hospital

My mother had posterolateral fusion and decompression surgery performed by Mr Pushpananthan in 2014. His surgery and care was excellent throughout. We are very happy with the outcome. We would highly recommend Mr Pushpananthan and the neuro-surgical team at the Royal London.

21st June 2017
Written by a patient at The Royal London Hospital

I have only praise for Mr Pushpananthan. From the moment we met, on the day of my operation, I felt safe and in the best hands - he was thorough, caring and took time to explain all details of the procedure. On follow-up appointments, with either Mr Pushpananthan or a member of his team, I have always been satisfied that I have been listened to, and treated with respect and expertise. I feel very lucky to have been in his care.

20th June 2017
Written by a carer at The Royal London Hospital

Had spinal code surgery. My brother's case was very bad.. he had done successfully

Nearest Neurosurgeons