Mr Suresh Pushpananthan

Mr Suresh Pushpananthan is a Consultant Neurosurgeon at The Royal London Hospital. He is a Neurosurgeon providing all round care for brain and spinal pathologies. He has a sub-specialist interest in Complex Spinal Neurosurgery. Working in the country's leading Major Trauma Centre, he deals with some of the most complex neurosurgical cases. He works in a collaborative manner with a large team of skilled, surgeons, doctors, nurses and therapists providing a holistic approach. Mr Pushpananthan has a passion for delivering high quality, cutting edge, patient-focused care. Mr Pushpananthan does not practice privately, choosing to work solely for the NHS.

• Neurosurgery

19th July 2017
Written by a carer at The Royal London Hospital

My mother had posterolateral fusion and decompression surgery performed by Mr Pushpananthan in 2014. His surgery and care was excellent throughout. We are very happy with the outcome. We would highly recommend Mr Pushpananthan and the neuro-surgical team at the Royal London.

21st June 2017
Written by a patient at The Royal London Hospital

I have only praise for Mr Pushpananthan. From the moment we met, on the day of my operation, I felt safe and in the best hands - he was thorough, caring and took time to explain all details of the procedure. On follow-up appointments, with either Mr Pushpananthan or a member of his team, I have always been satisfied that I have been listened to, and treated with respect and expertise. I feel very lucky to have been in his care.

20th June 2017
Written by a carer at The Royal London Hospital

Had spinal code surgery. My brother's case was very bad.. he had done successfully

5th April 2017
Written by a member of staff at The Royal London Hospital

I am a work experience student and throughout my time observing a variety of doctors throughout many different hospitals, Mr Pushpanathan, was most definitely one of the finest doctors, in my opinion. His work is immaculate and takes great pride in his profession, constantly trying to help his patients. He is one of the very few doctors that I have met who is not dismissive at all and really listens and talks through his though-processes with the patients so they really comprehend the situation that they're in. This kind of personality is very rare and undoubtedly special.

15th February 2017