mr-sunil-auplish

« 1 2 3 4 5 »

Written by a patient at Clifton Park Hospital
17th December 2020

Today I saw Mr Auplish for an avulsion of the collateral ligament. He was positive, informative, subtle and receptive. He gets an 11 out of 10 from me. He's a genial fellow to boot.

24th December 2020
Response from Mr Sunil Auplish

Thank you very much - much appreciated! Sunil Auplish

Written by a patient at York Hospital
2nd April 2020

What an amazing man! It was back in 2017 that I was first seen at York with what was thought to be carpal tunnel syndrome. I had suffered for a few years with various symptoms and as a guitarist this was extremely frustrating. I soon learned of Mr Auplish’s own musical interests; I can not tell you how reassuring it was to be treated by someone who understood the importance of “getting this right”. Thank goodness he did as it turned out I actually had the rarer condition of pronator syndrome. Whilst it’s been a long road, Mr Auplish has led me down it with the greatest of confidence and utmost care. I am writing this 8 weeks post operation for the pronator syndrome and carpal tunnel release and early signs are that it’s been a success. I can feel my finger tips and whilst there is still a little discomfort there is no pain, which had become severe and constant through my forearm and causing elbow issues too. I picked up my guitar for the first time a few days ago; it felt amazing to know this has probably worked. Mr Auplish has given back to me something so precious. I can not recommend him highly enough.

Written by a patient at Bridlington and District Hospital
6th May 2019

I recently developed painful inflammation of a tendon on the third finger of my right hand. This was debilitating and worrying as I am a violinist and string teacher and physical movement of my arms and hands is important to me. I received an injection which reduced the pain to the point where it was virtually eliminated. The procedure was simple but it was very helpful to be treated by a consultant who was sympathetic to the specific concerns of musicians and who obviously had insight into the often unusual physical problems that can occur amongst instrumentalists who regularly practise and perform for long periods as a part of their working life.

Written by a patient at Clifton Medical Practice
22nd January 2019

Mr Sunil Auplish operated on the index finger of my right hand. I had a large benign lump that had spread over the years up and down most of my finger. My finger after the lump was removed and stitched resembled something from Frankenstein, but hey presto, a few weeks down the line, not even a scar to be seen, unless you look under a microscope. Mr Auplish very cleverly created me a new knuckle too, which I hadn't had for many years and matched my others perfectly.. What I thought would be a very stressful morning for me, thanks to Mr Auplish and his lovely staff, turned out to be quite the opposite. I was very well looked after from beginning to end, and the operation itself was extremely quick and painless. My only criticism , and it is a small one, is that a couple of weeks before my operation, my whole body had to go through the MRI scanner, just to scan my finger. I was laid on my front in the superman position with my right hand padded in a small box. The scan lasted a good 30 to 40 minutes and as I suffer from extreme lower back pain I was in absolute agony when the scan had finished and couldn't get off the table. This of course has nothing to do with Mr Auplish and the operation itself, but in this day and age and the technology we have available, you would think a different kind of scanner could have been used for a finger, instead of a full body one.

Written by a patient at Spire Hartswood Hospital
16th September 2018

I was treated by Mr Sunil Auplish at York district hospital after breaking my left wrist following a fall on some ice. The early consultation was taken up with detailed background information and a conversation around what the x-rays had thrown up. Although there was a formal patient/consultant relationship it was always kept in the background. As a fellow musician he was aware of my desire to keep the flexibility needed to maintain my playing to a good standard( i am a guitar player). It transpired later that this consultant specialises in treating injuries to musicians which was doubly reassuring. The follow-up consultations were equally detailed and at one point I was given a steroid injection in the back of the wrist. Some additional flexibility tasks following this injection indicated that I had a chance of an almost normal life as a player and musician. Turning up at the hospital with my guitar raised a few eyebrows. I always approached this injury and treatment by Mr Auplish as a partnership and for my part I determined to work hard on the physiotherapy tasks given to me and to spend many days and hours working and improving my my chord work. I thank him for the skill and expertise which he brought to he situation and as a result I have made a good recovery and have returned to playing in public once again. He's a great asset to the hospital and I would recommend him to any fellow musicians.

« 1 2 3 4 5 »

I am a Consultant Trauma and Orthopaedic surgeon specialising in diseases of the shoulder, elbow, wrist and hand. I treat joint pain and arthritis, tendon injury, nerve compression and sporting injury. I also have a specialist practice treating amateur and professional musicians recover from overuse and injury, and regain their playing potential. I trained in London and Oxford and my fellowship (advanced) training was at the internationally famous Wrightington Hospital. I was appointed as Consultant in Essex in 2009 and moved to York in 2017.

Short link to review Mr Sunil Auplish: http://iwgc.net/epu6