Mr Sunil Auplish

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery

« 1 2 3 4 »

16th September 2018
Written by a patient at Spire Hartswood Hospital

I was treated by Mr Sunil Auplish at York district hospital after breaking my left wrist following a fall on some ice. The early consultation was taken up with detailed background information and a conversation around what the x-rays had thrown up. Although there was a formal patient/consultant relationship it was always kept in the background. As a fellow musician he was aware of my desire to keep the flexibility needed to maintain my playing to a good standard( i am a guitar player). It transpired later that this consultant specialises in treating injuries to musicians which was doubly reassuring. The follow-up consultations were equally detailed and at one point I was given a steroid injection in the back of the wrist. Some additional flexibility tasks following this injection indicated that I had a chance of an almost normal life as a player and musician. Turning up at the hospital with my guitar raised a few eyebrows. I always approached this injury and treatment by Mr Auplish as a partnership and for my part I determined to work hard on the physiotherapy tasks given to me and to spend many days and hours working and improving my my chord work. I thank him for the skill and expertise which he brought to he situation and as a result I have made a good recovery and have returned to playing in public once again. He's a great asset to the hospital and I would recommend him to any fellow musicians.

2nd July 2018
Written by a patient at York Hospital

As far as I'm concerned, there aren't enough stars to rate this consultant! I gardened without gloves on for two minutes (BE WARNED!!) and managed to pick up an infection in my finger which developed into osteomyelitis. When another consultant recognised this, I was referred to Mr Auplish in York Hospital and he wasted no time in ordering an MRI scan , to be followed by an operation on the finger. This operation was then followed by 6 weeks of infusions of very strong antibiotics 4 times every day in the hospital. Things did go wrong but they weren't the fault of Mr Auplish. In all my dealings with him, he treated me as an adult, he gave me hope in the times when I had almost lost it and I felt all the time that he was on my side. He certainly went beyond what I expected coming in to see me on the ward on a day he didn't work at that hospital. Somehow, Mr Auplish builds up an instant relationship of trust with a patient, he is relaxed, empathetic and consummately professional and caring. He has a great team working with him. I am incredibly grateful for the care which Mr Aulpish gave me in such a difficult time.

24th October 2017
Written by a patient at York Hospital

From Nick Jones. I had the misfortune to fall over at work and totally wreck my elbow and break my ulna and humerus. I was taken to York hospital and they told me I was lucky as there was a new Orthopaedic and Trauma surgeon and they would like him to have a look at my elbow as I had made such a mess of it, !!!!! Mr Auplish saw me the following day and from then on nothing was too much trouble and he explained everything and put me totally at ease. He operated on my arm 3 times and the last operation was well over 5 hours. I have almost full use of my elbow joint except for a small degree of not being able to straighten my arm, but I was aware that this may be a possibility from day 1. I have just come from a consultation with Mr Auplish and the look of pleasure on his face at the way things have healed matched mine !! I cannot reccommend Mr Auplish highly enough, he is the epitome of the sort of surgeon you would like to look after your care and his skill and attention to detail are second to none. Thank you Mr Auplish for being there when I needed you and thank you for all your care and attention during my healing from this frightening experience for me. I could not praise you or your team highly enough, absolutely exemplary care.

15th June 2017
Written by a carer at York Hospital

My 4 year old daughter recently broke her arm, badly, just above the elbow. She needed to have it wired to put it back into place. Due to other medical factors, it wasn't possible to do this on the first operation, which took place around midnight on the Sunday. Mr Auplish explained that he wouldn't usually operate the Monday as it was usual for him to hand over to someone else after working the weekend. But he rearranged his schedule so that he could carry out the 2nd operation, about 12 hours later. A truly wonderful gentleman, well deserving of the fantastic reviews and comments that others have written about him here. I'm very grateful to him, and others in his team for the amazing care provided to my daughter during her operations and subsequent follow up procedures/appointments. We attended our final outpatient appointment today, and her arm is back to normal with full range of movement, just 7 weeks later. Thank you. Iris's mum.

19th April 2017
Written by a patient at York Hospital

After suffering a very bad break to my elbow I was referred to. Mr Auplish the elbow needed pinning this gave me cause for concern as I am an anaesthetic risk , mr Auplish listened to my concerns and gave me alternatives this in turn took away my anxieties. I cannot praise this man enough he is so kind and caring he has a lovely welcome when he walks into the room it puts me at ease straight away . Nothing is to much trouble and he listens and explains anything I'm not sure of he has a way of making you feel special . Keep up the good work mr Auplish and thank you for looking after me so well. Pamela warren York

« 1 2 3 4 »