mr-stuart-winter

14th February 2020

I saw Mr. Winter following a referral from my GP for lumps on my neck. I was able to walk out of the Churchill with a clean bill of health, having had a ultrasound scan from his colleague which showed no abnormality. All the staff were friendly and efficient.

5th February 2020

I first saw Mr Winter in December 2017 as I had been referred to him by my GP with a lump in my neck after a few scans and then a biopsy it was confirmed I had cancer on the base of my tongue. I saw him again a month later with his great team of colleague's at the Churchill Hospital where they explained what the plan was to treat the tumour. I found Mr Winter and his colleague's very approachable and caring and listening to any concerns I had. After having Chemotherapy and Radiotherapy and then an operation to remove a lymph node in my neck I was given the all clear in February 2019. I have attended regular check ups every three months and have found all his colleague's very supportive and caring.

Written by a patient at Stoke Mandeville Hospital
5th February 2020

My consultation with Mr Winter was excellent. He answered my questions and was very clear in what he told me about my state of health.

Written by a patient at The John Radcliffe
3rd February 2020

Hi, I was referred to Mr Winter after having a PET scan where there was a concern about the base of my tongue. Mr Winter did a biopsy which thankfully came back as a negative. I saw Mr Winter three times and his manner and personality was top drawer along with his expertise. Mr Winter is very keen to engage with patients and listen to their views which is important for me as the patient. If and I hope not, I have to be referred to the head and neck department again I know I will receive the best treatment possible. Well done to Mr Winter and his team. regards Steve Reed

31st January 2020

Mr Winter first saw me in late 2017. With a colleague present, the situation with my throat was explained to me in detail. He came across well, being relaxed, thorough and sympathetic. I saw him again in late January this year and was surprised that he remembered me. His predictions are holding up, and I am neither worse or better. I am checked by his team at regular intervals (2/3/4 months) to ensure my health has not changed. Thank you for your great care. F B Nobbs

Stuart Winter is a Consultant Ear, Nose & Throat (ENT) Surgeon in Oxford. He has an NHS consultant practice based at the John Radcliffe and Churchill Hospitals. He has a private practice based at the Manor Hospital. Stuart has a specialist interest in tumours of the head and neck, both benign and malignant and is a member of the Oxford Head and Neck Multidisciplinary team. Stuart also runs a specialist swallowing clinic in addition to these services he offers expertise in all aspects of General ENT including problems related to Snoring, Lumps in the Neck or Salivary Glands, Voice Disorders, and Sinus Disease.

Nearest Otolaryngologists