Mr Stuart Winter

Stuart Winter is a Consultant Ear, Nose & Throat (ENT) Surgeon in Oxford. He has an NHS consultant practice based at the John Radcliffe and Churchill Hospitals. He has a private practice based at the Manor Hospital. Stuart has a specialist interest in tumours of the head and neck, both benign and malignant and is a member of the Oxford Head and Neck Multidisciplinary team. Stuart also runs a specialist swallowing clinic in addition to these services he offers expertise in all aspects of General ENT including problems related to Snoring, Lumps in the Neck or Salivary Glands, Voice Disorders, and Sinus Disease.

« 1 2 3 4 5 »

11th July 2019
Written by a patient at The Churchill

Mr Winter was very informative, he spent a great deal of time explaining to me what was wrong with my neck, informing me of what was going to happen as well as any possible side effects that could arise as a consequence from surgery; he even spent time answering non related questions I had "How come Surgeons lose their 'Dr' status". Following the operation, I had a question regarding some discomfort, Mr Winter's assistant took the phone call and informed me Mr Winter was on leave and she would send an email, the same day I had a response from Mr Winter. Prior to the operation, sleeping on my benign tumor would cause me great pain for several days, and being a Dad of 2 (3rd coming very soon) young children, it meant I couldn't pick them up or do other activities with them. Now I am healed, I haven't had the pain in my neck at all and have no problems lifting the kids up at. Mr Winter informed me that during surgery my tumor had grown in size and was in an awkward position and I am very thankful that he took the decision to carry on with the operation as I have NONE of the side effects that were explained to me. I have feeling around the area, no tingling or any discomfort, the only reminder I have from the operation is a neat little scar (days after the operation, friends and family commented on how "neat" the scar looked). Thank you Mr Winter and your team for looking after me.

8th July 2019
Written by a patient at The Manor Hospital, Oxford

It is now almost three years since first I was first referred into the care of Stuart Winter. During this time, he has carried out a number of procedures my throat, guided me through an intense period of radiotherapy, and supported me when, as a result, I was admitted to hospital as an emergency patient. I have nothing but total admiration for his understanding, his compassion, and his ability to inspire total confidence in his exemplary professional skills. I have never once doubted his ability to solve my problem, and have always looked forward, with great pleasure, to our next meeting.

27th June 2019
Written by a carer at The Churchill

A patient, caring and compassionate physician who listens and is happy to answer questions clearly without being patronising or condescending. Marvellous care. Thank you.

5th June 2019
Written by a patient at The Manor Hospital, Oxford

Excellent customer service from Kate Taylor, medical secretary to Stuart Winter. Friendly, efficient and customer -focused. Much appreciated!

27th March 2019
Written by a patient at The Manor Hospital, Oxford

Although I only had a minor problem compared to many of Mr Winters patients, I feel he's provided me with all the care and attention required. He explained the problem clearly and the best course of treatment. The treatment has been successful. I'd recommend Mr Winter without hesitation.

« 1 2 3 4 5 »