mr-stuart-winter

Written by a patient at The Churchill
3rd April 2020

I found Stuart winter to be a very kind and understanding doctor when I was going through a really stressful and scary time.

Written by a patient at The Manor Hospital, Oxford
31st March 2020

I went to see Stuart Winter after suffering from Bells Palsy. I had already been on a course of steroids but wanted reassurance about my recovery. Mr Winter explained the condition to me and also arranged for an MRI to check that all was ok. I then had a follow up phone-call rather than a hospital visit due to Lockdown. Everything was close to being back to normal in the MRI and I should make a full recovery. A recurrence is possible though unlikely and he discussed what I should do if this happens. It was a relief to receive expert reassurance.

Written by a patient at The John Radcliffe
26th March 2020

I had surgery in January for a paragenal pouch, after nearly two years of not being able to eat swallow most foods, of which would get stuck down my throat (in the pouch). I can honestly say Dr Stuart Winter has transformed my life and mind, it's now absolutely amazing being able to eat everything and anything, Thank you so very much Mr Winter and your team I truly am most grateful

Written by a patient at The Churchill
23rd March 2020

I hold Mr. Stuart Winter in the highest regard. My cancer was difficult to locate and very difficult to access. At each step I was advised of the intended investigation, diagnosis and prognosis in understandable terms. A letter of confirmation was sent to my GP and to myself. The resulting surgery was for a Larynx-Pharyngectomy, a daunting prospect for me. This required different surgical and nursing disciplines. Mr Winter assembled a team of very talented people to assist, Plastic Surgeon, Anaesthetist, Doctors and Nurses all necessary for the operation and aftercare. Post operation I am recovering well. I have no pain as with pre-op days and am now bouncing forward to enjoy a new chapter of my life. One which I may not have seen. Thank you.

Written by a patient at The Manor Hospital, Oxford
22nd March 2020

Three weeks following procedures to correct my septum, remove a nasal polyp and clear my sinuses, I have healed very well and can now breathe through my nose. Gone, too, are excruciating headaches and facial pain. From the outset, I felt confident that Mr Winter would provide the very best of care. He listened closely and then explained In a clear and accessible manner the treatment that he felt I should receive. At what was an anxious time for me, he managed very successfully to allay my concerns, before providing the excellent outcomes described above.

Mr Stuart Winter was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2020 for delivering outstanding care.

Stuart Winter is a Consultant Ear, Nose & Throat (ENT) Surgeon in Oxford. He has an NHS consultant practice based at the John Radcliffe and Churchill Hospitals. He has a private practice based at the Manor Hospital. Stuart has a specialist interest in tumours of the head and neck, both benign and malignant and is a member of the Oxford Head and Neck Multidisciplinary team. Stuart also runs a specialist swallowing clinic in addition to these services he offers expertise in all aspects of General ENT including problems related to Snoring, Lumps in the Neck or Salivary Glands, Voice Disorders, and Sinus Disease.

Nearest Otolaryngologists