Mr Steven Livesey

17th August 2018

I have utmost admiration for this man, He preformed a double bypass, aortic valve repair and aorta root reconstruction and I have never felt better.He was very informative from the very first consultation, explaining the procedures required to repair my heart and the benefits of having the operation but also explaining the risk.The operation was a total success I have a very fine line scar on my chest, the leg where the vein for bypass were taken from has no scaring at all. I hope not to see him again but if I have to have heart surgery in the future I hope Mr Livesey is still available to perform it .

7th February 2018

Steven Livesey performed a mitral vlave repair on my heart on 5 th July 2016. It failed to repair the prolapse and made the problem worse. In July 2017 he performed a re-do mitral valve repair which corrected and finally repaired the valve. Mr Livesey specializes in vlave repair which is a very difficult alternative to valve replacement. I think patients should be reconciled to this. The subject is very complex. Do not expect to understand and discuss the technicalities with Mr Livesey. You may trust him as an expert.

1st November 2016

Mr Livesey performed a triple bypass and removed a blood clot from my heart. I have never looked back since that day My chest scar is minimal and can not thank him enough for carrying out my procedure with such skill A true life saver Richard Stone

26th April 2015

I Chose Consultant Mr. Steven Livesey and his Team due to my procedure for Mitral Valve Repair, as i needed a Surgeon with a High Volume Mitral Repair rate and Surgical Experience, as Mitral Repair best-practice standards of 25 annual Mitral Repairs per Surgeon and 50 Mitral Repairs by any hospital unit are the key. As the likelihood of Mitral Valve Repair is very heavily influenced by individual Surgeons' Mitral Valve Volume. Mr Livesey has been a Consultant Cardiac Surgeon at the University Hospital Southampton since 1990. He has performed over 7500 cardiac operations in Southampton during this time.He has surgical experience in all aspects of adult cardiac surgery. Mr Livesey has a special interest and expertise in Mitral Valve Surgery. He is acknowledged as a British and International expert on Repair of the Mitral Valve, having performed over 1000 of these procedures, including his own now recognised modifications of mitral valve repair technique. Mr Livesey answered all my questions before and after my operation and even Post-Op in writing. The Nurses were surprised at my fast recovery, within 1 day, so my Special Thanks go to Mr Livesey and all his Team and all the kind and thoughtful staff who are doing a great job at Southampton General Hospital.

26th April 2015