Mr Stephen Walsh

Mr Walsh is a fully accredited Consultant Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon and the Lead Clinician for Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery at Western Sussex Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust - St Richards Hospital Chichester and Worthing Hospital, as well as the Nuffield Health Chichester Hospital. He specialises in surgery of the face, mouth and head and neck and the management of the many conditions that may affect patients in these areas and is on the General Medical Councils Specialist List for Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery (6028502) as well as being fully registered with the General Dental Council (68500) and on the specialist list for Oral Surgery.

• Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »

7th February 2016
Written by a patient at St Richard's Hospital

This Doctor was fantastic. He went above and beyond to find out all he could about a condition that previous doctors couldn't pin a diagnosis to. He was very helpful and communicative during my time in hospital and has continued to look into it, research and keep in touch beyond discharge from the hospital. A kind man and a great Doctor.

30th December 2015
Written by a carer at St Richard's Hospital

My 13 year old daughter visited Mr Walsh last Wednesday and today to have a total of 4 teeth removed, prior to having braces fitted. She had 2 teeth removed each time. She was a little apprehensive on the first visit but straight away she was made to feel at ease and Mr Walsh explained the whole procedure clearly to her so that she knew exactly what he was doing and when. He also listened regarding her previous medical history and adapted his approach. Her mouth healed extremely well and she really had very minimal pain. Therefore when my daughter arrived this morning and found out that Mr Walsh was doing the last 2 extractions, she was relieved to be in his care again. As her mum, I found both the continuity of care provided and his reassuring and calm approach to be spot on. I would wholeheartedly recommend him as I felt that the quality of care that he gave to my daughter was exemplary. In my opinion, Mr Walsh is a great asset to the Maxillofacial Unit at St. Richard's.

31st December 2015
Response from Mr Stephen Walsh

Thank you for such lovely feedback - It helps when the patient is great too !!

25th June 2015
Written by a patient at Worthing Hospital

I had an operation for the removal of a malignant melanoma on my face at the end of May. As I had an existing heart condition I was very aprehensive about the operation. I could not have got better treatment. Mr Walsh is a friendly, charming man and really listened to me. He started to explain the operation to me and the implications when I interrupted him to ask if I could bring my husband into the consulting room. He readily agreed and started all over again and started to explain things in a way that we could both understand. He even made an appointment for me to see the anaesthetist before the operation to allay my fears about the general anaesthetic. At the end of my consultation he called in the Macmillan nurse and asked her to talk to us about the support she could give us and to make us a cup of tea because he recognised we had received bad news and were upset. This is just one example of how caring he is. Today I saw him again for my 3 week check up and he didn't hurry us and answered all our questions and told me what I could do to treat the scar area. Mr Walsh made me feel special. He is a credit to the NHS. I cannot praise him enough. A very special man.

5th March 2015
Written by a patient at The Chichester Nuffield Hospital

I was referred to Mr Walsh needing saliva gland surgery (parotidectomy). From the initial consultations, through to hospital admittance, the procedure itself, immediate after-care in hospital, and further follow-up consultations Mr Walsh always made me feel as comfortable as possible about what was needed and explained fully what I could and should expect from my treatment and long-term recovery. I was made to feel as if I could ask absolutely anything, no question at all was too 'simple', and my biological curiosity about the finer details of the surgery was fully satisfied; time was never a factor when meeting him and he took time to explain everything in as much detail as I asked for. The guide for this review says "Please make constructive suggestions on how they could improve to give even greater care.". I can't add anything...the care I received at his hands was as good as it gets. Thank you Mr Walsh.

14th January 2015
Written by a patient at St Richard's Hospital

I was admitted to hospital through A&E in Chichester and was introduced to Mr Walsh and his team. I did need an operation and the explanations, the care of the whole team was exceptional. The whole procedure took place over a couple of months (not all in Hospital) but after Mr Walsh explained what it would involve I totally trusted him and he went on to perform an operation , which he later admitted was quite one he never wants to do again, as it was a difficult one. I can't praise the MFU department enough for all they have done and think they were great. Thank you Mr Walsh and all your team. I am grateful for all you have done. Also the staff in St Richard's hospital. They all did a fantastic job.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »