Mr Smarajit Dutta was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2024 for delivering outstanding care.

Written by a private patient at The Park Hospital - part of Circle Health Group
22nd June 2024

I was driven into private healthcare as a result of the inability of the NHS to provide timely treatment for my condition, a hernia in need of moderately urgent repair, and my consultant was Sam Dutta. He ticks all the boxes. He's approachable, good-humoured, and blessed with a skill that enabled him to do a really neat job with a minimum of fuss. I will be happy for him see to the other one if/when the time comes. Paul King

Written by a NHS patient at Nottingham City Hospital
14th June 2024

Nine days post operative nephrectomy on the NHS and I can say that his care and attention to detail are exemplary. As a retired GP's wife, I ask many questions and expect full, informative answers and explanations. This was done with great communication skills, empathy and reflected the humour I can use, being very comfortable with the operative details I expected. I imagine he talks with all patience in this way. The operations appears to have gone very well and he was pleased with my progress.

Written by a private patient at The Park Hospital - part of Circle Health Group
30th May 2024

I wanted to take a moment to express my appreciation for the exceptional care I received during my recent inguinal hernia surgery at your facility. From the moment I met Dr. Smarajit (Sam) Dutta, I knew I was in good hands. He thoroughly explained the procedure and what to expect, putting my mind at ease. The keyhole surgery option he recommended was a great choice for me and I am grateful for his expertise and professionalism throughout the process. Since the operation, it has taken me about 3 to 4 weeks to fully recover and regain my strength. I have nothing but praise for Dr. Dutta and his team for their excellent care and support. highly recommended anthoney nicholson.

Written by a private patient at The Ramsay Woodthorpe Hospital
27th May 2024

Dr Dutta repaired my Hernia and I couldn't fault the care given by him and the whole nursing team at Woodthorpe Hospital. I was kept fully informed throughout the process and can't think of anything that could be done to improve things.

Written by a NHS patient at Nottingham City Hospital
13th May 2024

Mr Dutta removed my kidney when I was donating the kidney to my husband. From the outset I found Mr Dutta to be very approachable, friendly and caring. The day of the surgery he was very thorough and made sure I had all the information I needed before the operation. He performed the surgery successfully and I made a good recovery with no complications. I had virtually no pain afterwards and everything was exactly as he had predicted. I am very grateful to him for his skill, empathy and professionalism and I would recommend him to others.

Specialist in advanced keyhole surgery.
Specialist in keyhole gallbladder surgery
Keyhole groin hernia surgery.
Specialist in incisional hernia and redo hernia surgery
Kidney transplant and vascular access surgeon