12th October 2017
Written by a patient at BMI Goring Hall Hospital

I first met Mr. Woodhams some years ago at Worthing Hospital as a referral patient from my GP. I had an enlarged prostate which has been monitored for PSA levels until recently, when I had an MRI scan for a lower back problem. This scan showed an enlarged left kidney; an accidental discovery quite separate from the reason for the original investigation. A consultation was arranged to see Mr Woodhams at very short notice at Goring Hall by Dr. Michael Chard who was the consultant for the back problem. Mr Woodhams quickly identified a very full bladder which was not emptying and arranged for me to go into Worthing Hospital the next day where he relieved the immediate issue with a catheter. He then arranged for me to have a TURis operation to correct the prostate enlargement problem. I had this on the 20th September 2017 and am now recovering at home with no difficulties. I would like to say that Mr. Woodhams was an excellent consultant/surgeon and very attentive and concerned for my total welfare throughout the process. He explained the new TURis operation and how it was an improvement on the previous TURP one. I could not have been in better hands and the staff at Worthing Hospital were equally kind and dedicated to my treatment and recovery. I look forward to a further meeting with Mr. Woodhams in January when I will hopefully be more or less back to having a fully working urinary system!

25th September 2017
Written by a patient at BMI Goring Hall Hospital

I recently had a TURis operation for prostate gland problems, at Goring Hall Hospital. The TURis operation has been developed by Mr Woodhams and uses the latest laser surgery technique avoiding many side effects of previous methods. Prior to the operation Mr Woodhams explained the procedure and answered my questions. I had the operation in the morning and in the evening after a very long working day Mr Woodhams visited my hospital room to enquire my status and detail what he had found internally and his resolving surgery. His patient consideration was very much appreciated as was his genuine concern everything was satisfactory and I was without pain or worries. I have now returned to normal routine after about six weeks but with a MUCH improved quality of life with no negative side effects and gone the usual unpleasant prostate gland problems including getting up many times at night. I would thoroughly recommend consultation with Mr Woodhams to those with prostate gland problems. Additional to being a very talented surgeon he is easy to talk to with a good `bedside manner’ and happy to discuss an individual’s issues and recommend options for resolution.

2nd August 2017
Written by a patient at BMI Goring Hall Hospital

Mr. Simon Woodham listened to the problem I was experiencing and took the speedy appropriate action. Unfortunately he was let down by Goring Hall X-ray dept who forgot to call me when the CT scanner became available, only when I called Goring Hall did they realise I should have been informed. I have say Mr. Simon Woodham was a very thorough specialist and would not hesitate to recommend him.

29th June 2017
Written by a patient at BMI Goring Hall Hospital

Very friendly and approachable. Understood my problem and explained my options. Carried out a successful procedure and follow up

Short link to review Mr Simon Woodhams: http://iwgc.net/eehe6