Mr Simon Stapleton

Written by a private patient at Parkside Hospital
18th September 2021

I had a lumber laminectomy in early August and almost six and half weeks ago, I thought this the most appropriate time to write a review. As I am 78 years of age and never undergone an operation, I was so anxious about the operation, however, Mr. Stapleton calmly and skilfully explained the procedures, which reassured me greatly. Furthermore, his private sectary Ms. Karen Mortimer, as an experienced health care professional herself, further assured me of what to expect. Mr. Stapleton, a brilliant surgeon with great skill and experience carried out the operation successfully with the assistance of his medical team at the Wimbledon Park Hospital. I am now recovering well. Apart from his skill, his bedside manners were exceptional. He came to see me on his day off following the operation, this demonstrates his commitment and care towards his patients.

Written by a patient at St George's Hospital
18th January 2021

I had a craniotomy in December for a benign meningioma. Mr Stapleton was truly amazing, from the first meeting when he told me in detail the procedure, his calming voice and excellent bedside manner. I had every faith in him doing the removal of the tumor. I was discharged two days later and went from strength to strength. In four weeks I was back to my fitness and running and working again nannying. I could not recommend him enough. He is a truly wonderful surgeon and I’ve had no problems since the operation, healing well and headache free. Thank you so very much.

• Neurosurgery