Mr Simon Smith

Breast (Cancer, Reconstruction, and Cosmetic) and Endocrine Surgery Simon is a Consultant Breast Surgeon, with an extensive practice in Oncological, Reconstructive and Cosmetic Breast work of all types, as well as surgery for Thyroid and Parathyroids condiditons NHS practice (01245 514073) at Broomfield Hospital; Private Practice (01245 234477) at Springfield Hospital, Chelmsford, and various London venues by appointment.

29th November 2018
Written by a patient at Broomfield Hospital

Mr Smith had to give me the devastating news that I had breast cancer. He was amazing from that moment onwards, we’ll actually I guess before. Fom the moment I met him he made me feel positive about the outcome. I trusted him 100%, he had empathy, was genuinely caring, listened/responded to my concerns, put me at ease, never made me feel rushed and he was extremely compassionate. I had a lumpectomy and I am so chuffed with the results aesthetically. He removed all he needed to with clear margins 1st time, which I was grateful for. I have since finishing chemo/radiotherapy and had my follow up with Mr Smith. I felt he remembered me personally and seemed genuinely pleased to catch up with how I had been etc. I truly cannot praise and thank this man enough.

2nd November 2018
Written by a patient at Broomfield Hospital

I recently needed to have a Parathyroid gland removed and Mr Smith was my surgeon. In the pre-op consultation, he was very clear on the risks and the expected outcomes. His communication and care was excellent and my operation, while tricky, was a complete success. I suffered none of the possible negative effects of the operation and am grateful to Mr Smith and his team for my care.

31st October 2018
Written by a patient at Broomfield Hospital

Simon Smith recently performed a parathyroidectomy and partial thyroidectomy due to very high levels of calcium in my blood. He was kind and courteous at all times, and clearly explained the procedure and potential risks. On the day of the surgery, he was so calm and professional, giving me total confidence in his abilities. One week after the procedure, I had a blood test to check the calcium levels, and Mr Smith took the time to phone me personally with the results. I couldn't have asked for better care, and would like to thank him for all that he has done for me.

11th October 2018
Written by a patient at Broomfield Hospital

Mr Smith is a kind, caring and considerate doctor. He explained carefully and clearly the proposed operation so I was totally clear on my options. I am happy to recommend him and have no doubts that others will be taken care of as well as I was. I thank him and his team at Broomfield for their excellent care.

8th October 2018
Written by a patient at Broomfield Hospital

I don’t think I could have felt in safer hands throughout what has been the most stressful period in my life. I feel like Mr Smith really takes the time to explain everything, listen to you and give you a realistic expectation of the outcome. He has helped to put my mind at ease and I don’t think I could have asked for a better outcome from my surgery. I would recommend him to anyone and I’m truly grateful and appreciate what he has done for me and my family.

Short link to review Mr Simon Smith: http://iwgc.net/ecjhm