5th May 2017
Written by a patient at Kent Institute of Medicine & Surgery

Excellent care and clear communication both pre-op and post-op. A very approachable and professional manner was exhibited. Post-op progress has been fantastic; which I put down to the skill of the surgeon and his team. I cannot see how care could be improved any further

17th January 2017
Written by a patient at Spire Sussex Hospital

I had such a great experience when having a hip replacement under the care of Mr Pearce. He was informative and caring. I couldn't have wished for a better person to carry out the operation.

20th December 2016
Written by a patient at Spire Sussex Hospital

I had a two day stay in the Spire Sussex Hospital for the replacement of my right hip joint. The care and attention from all the staff was exceptional, as was the out-patient care. Having previously had a poor reaction, post-op, to general anaesthetics I elected to have an epidural with sedation. This proved extremely successful - completely sedated & unaware for the operation but regaining consciousness almost instantaneously (fully 'compos mentis') with no after-effects. I would definitely elect to have this form of anaesthesia for any further operation.

29th November 2016
Written by a patient at Spire Sussex Hospital

Under the care of Mr Simon Pearce I recently underwent an operation to my right knee for a complete replacement. The thought of this was quite daunting but with a careful explanation of the procedure and the type of anaseathics available I felt very reassured. I opted for an epidural which meant being awake and aware of what was going on although not being able to see as the lower part of the body is screened off. I cannot recall how long the operation took but during the course I developed an interest in how an engineer would tackle the problem in hand. It was soon over and not at any time did I feel pain. Of course when the anaesthetic wore off pain was forthcoming but kept under control by the nurses. The knee exercises over the following weeks do cause pain but the end result is well worth it. I am now waiting to undergo the same operation to my left knee which again will be carried out by Mr Simon Pearce in whom I have complete and utter confidence. A first class "engineer"

29th October 2016
Written by a patient at Spire Sussex Hospital

Wonderful treatment from everyone at the Spire. No problems at all following the operation. Mr Pearce was very informative about the cause of the problem, possible complications and about what needs to be done during the healing process.

Short link to review Mr Simon Pearce: http://iwgc.net/egmol