Mr Simon Hobbs

Mr Simon Hobbs is a Vascular and Endovascular Surgeon working in the Black Country Vascular Network. He completed his undergraduate education at Birmingham University in 1998 and then undertook basic and higher surgical training in the major vascular units in the West Midlands. He was awarded the prestigious BSET Endovascular Fellowship post in Liverpool, gaining experience in the management of complex aortic aneurysms. He has a passionate interest in the management of abdominal aortic aneurysms and lower limb peripheral arterial disease. Mr Hobbs has a specialist interest in providing high quality varicose vein and thread vein treatments specialising in minimally invasive, local anaesthetic techniques that are performed as walk-in, walk-out procedures.

• Vascular and Transplant Surgery

24th November 2017
Written by a patient at New Cross Hospital

After 8 months of pain in my head i was refferd to simon Hobbs ,. I had given up on all hope of ever feeling well again. From the first time i saw him ,he made me feel relaxed and at ease. He told me i would need an operation as i had a blood clot in my neck and if i didnthave it removed i could go blind. He was very honest and explained the procedure from start to finish. I had my consultation on the monday and i had my operation on the wednesday at Russell Hall Hospital. Both mr Hobbs and all his staff were kind ,caring,& compasionate.I would recomend this brilliant man to anyone. Ive got my life back and i feel like me again . Thank you doesnt seem enough ! I owe my life to this man & i will be forever gratefull. THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart , you are my forever hero

20th November 2017
Written by a patient at The Wolverhampton Nuffield Hospital

I recently had RF and stripping procedure at the Nuffield by Mr Hobbs.It took me several years and 2 boutss of phlebitis before I plucked up the courage to seek advice. I was recommended to Mr Hobbs who put me at my ease and answered all my questions. The procedure took around 40 mins and I was surprised when I was told it was over.Mr Hobbs and his staff were excellent and I would never be afraid to have this procedure done again if needed.

5th September 2017
Written by a patient at The Wolverhampton Nuffield Hospital

Overjoyed with my removal of varicose vein. Huge difference, quick, pain free and efficient

11th July 2017
Written by a patient at New Cross Hospital

It is difficult to find the words adequate enough to describe the gentleman that is Mr Simon Hobbs. I had to have an emergency referral to a vascular surgeon in May 2017 resulting in a femoral crossover and amputation of my little toe. Fortunately for me the appointment was with Mr Hobbs. Telling me to visit a doctor etc... is like asking someone with Aracnophobia to enter a room full of spiders! My initial consultation with Mr Hobbs allayed all my fear, my state of nerves probably scared him more than he scared me. He took the appropriate tests and within a week he had operated. He is calm, considerate and a genius in his field. Everyone who has a vascular problem needs this surgeon. Thank you Simon for giving me my life back. Sue Knowles

9th July 2017
Written by a patient at New Cross Hospital

Mr Hobbs performed an operation on varicose veins in my left leg on Thursday 6.7.17 at NHS Newcross Hospital. The induction and preparation for the procedure was superb and in theatre similarly superb. The focus and attention of staff and surgeon was just great and put one at ease and made very good going for someone a little squeemish as myself and one not liking operations. All round superb.

Nearest Vascular and transplant surgeons