Mr Sherif Awad

Consultant Upper Gastrointestinal, Obesity & Laparoscopic Surgeon, Honorary Associate Professor

21st May 2018
Written by a patient at Royal Derby Hospital

To be perfectly honest, I am not one for writing reviews on services and products but I really felt it was necessary to write one for the surgery I had under Dr Sherif Awad. This is not only so that he and his team gets the recognition he deserves for his work, care and commitment but so that other people reading this can benefit from the same experience as me. As clichè as it sounds, I could not have wished for a better consultant. One who is an expert and is passionate in his field, who genuinely cares, is personable, listens to your concerns, personal wishes, history and can give expert advice on your own situation. I never once felt humiliated, threatened or disempowered like I have experienced with other medical professionals in the past. This was not only down to Dr Awad’s professionalism and practicing principles but his own personal character. Long before I enquired about my surgery, I researched every option available to me because I felt I was (literally) putting my life in the hands of another individual and, although I have every trust in medical personnel, I wanted the very best in the field to do my operation as going under anaesthetic did not sit comfortably with me. Due to living at the very far north of Scotland - as north as you can go on the mainland - I knew that i would have to travel to have my surgery done. I could’ve looked at various options available to me in Scotland but I decided to look further afield and look at the leading surgeon in the country to have my surgery done. I was so glad I did. I received a telephone consultation with Mr Awad long before my operation date was arranged and I knew from that conversation that I had chosen correctly. He put me at ease and offered advice on my personal situation as to which operation which was right for me. Living so far away did not mean that i was disadvantaged in anyway when it came to communication and consultations. Mr Awad and his team ensured I was made aware and kept up to date with everything; from the procedure itself, what to expect in the hours afterward, to what to expect in the weeks following recovery and even the suggestion of booking a hotel nearby so that I could stay within the boundaries of the hospital after I was discharged was very much welcomed from my side of things. When I met Mr Awad, the day before my operation, he ensured I had every concern/question answered and even as I went under the anasthetic, my anxious thoughts were minimal as I had been fully briefed in the procedure, the outcome and the recovery. I felt safe and trusted the team of professionals working on me. I was very much at ease with the medical/surgical team and would not have to think twice about returning to them again if I needed another procedure! I can’t thank them enough!

11th May 2018
Written by a patient at Royal Derby Hospital

I have recently been treated by Mr AWAD for Acalasia, all through consultations i found Mr AWAD very professional and everything was explained to me and i was encouraged to voice any concerns i had.On the day of my surgery i was greeted by Mr AWAD who put me at ease, all with a gentle sence of humour. After surgery the feedback and the 3 days aftercare i received from Mr AWAD and his team was all top class.Finally i would have no hesitation whatsoever in recommending Mr SHERIF AWADS 1st class services. Many Thanks, Mr Johnston

5th May 2018
Written by a patient at Nuffield Hospital Derby

Mr AWAD examined and operated on my umbilical hernia in early May. I found him to be very approachable, polite and with good interpersonal skills. He listened and discussed opinions, openly considering and debating my personal feelings, and indeed changing his initial proposed course of action. His explanations were clear, concise and offered in a friendly manner – even with a sense of humour to break the ice! He went out of his way to be accommodating. His approach to administrative matters was reliably prompt. I found Mr AWAD to be thoroughly professional, considerate, humane, and totally without the sense of attitude sometimes associated with some medical professionals. I would have no hesitation whatsoever in recommending Mr Sherif AWAD’s services.

3rd May 2018
Written by a patient at Nuffield Hospital Derby

The consultation was clear and concise and I gained a good understanding of the advantages and disadvantages of treating the condition. The information put me very much at ease and I had no concerns about agreeing to the surgery to remove the gall bladder.

3rd May 2018
Written by a patient at Royal Derby Hospital

I have been in contact with Mr Awad since before the end of last year when planning began for my surgery. The whole time I have been encouraged to voice concerns, should I have any, but I was well briefed by Mr Awad and was familiar with my surgery before undertaking it so as yet not too much has come up but those questions I have had were met positively and with thorough answers. He has always been very positive and realistic about the expectations of my surgery and made me feel very secure in going ahead. The day of surgery itself went smoothly, I was greeted by Mr Awad and his team and generally felt well cared for through my time there. I would certainly recommend him to anyone considering this surgery in the future!

Short link to review Mr Sherif Awad: http://iwgc.net/egaov