Mr Sherif Awad

Consultant Upper Gastrointestinal, Obesity & Laparoscopic Surgeon, Honorary Associate Professor

14th August 2018
Written by a patient at Royal Derby Hospital

I have recently had a laparoscopic cholecystectomy performed by Mr Awad. From my first consultation to the day of my surgery Mr Awad treated me with the utmost care, respect and consideration. He explained everything about the surgery and post operative care in detail and answered any questions I had. He has a wonderful bedside manner that helped allay any nervousness I felt prior to the procedure. I would have no hesitation in recommending Mr Awad to anyone as a competent, caring surgeon.

11th August 2018
Written by a patient at Royal Derby Hospital

I could not think of anyone better than Mr Awad to have been my surgeon. Upon the first time of meeting him I instantly felt comfortable, he listened to everything I had to say and understood everything I was going through. He explained throughly what he thought was best for me and showed so much compassion and caring from a personal level. He did an excellent job on my operation and kept me calm when I panicked before going under. He’s amazing. I’d fully recommend him and trust him with my life.

7th August 2018
Written by a patient at Royal Derby Hospital

Mr Awad made me feel at ease about my operation and care from the very beginning. He is very kind and warm, and made it very clear why I needed the operation but did it in a way that wasn’t scare-mongering or frightening. He didn’t pressure me to choose him as a surgeon. He always took the time to listen to me and was very personal in his approach- I remember as I was being given the anaesthetic he put the compression boots on my legs himself which I was surprised about! I don’t think I could have found a more experienced doctor who at the same time made me feel like a person and not just another body in a procession. I would recommend him to anybody, and if I ever need a similar operation down the line Mr Awad would be my first choice. Thank you so much.

1st August 2018
Written by a patient at Royal Derby Hospital

From the very first meeting Mr Awad had an aura of absolute confidence and professionalism that reassured us at a very difficult time. His attention to detail and clear explanations boosted our spirits and made it easier to face the treatment to come. Mr Awad was always very approachable and accessible by e-mail,text, or phone. His prompt replies to any concern were a massive comfort and we felt that he was keeping a very close eye on all stages of treatment and updating us regularly which alleviated any worries. The speed of my recovery is because of his skill during the operation. I know what I had done but I still don’t know how he did it! That level of skill is totally beyond me. I consider Mr Awad to be a surgeon of the highest calibre, whose attention to detail enabled him to deliver the highest possible standard of care.

29th July 2018
Written by a patient at Royal Derby Hospital

From first meeting Mr Awad, he is knowledgeable, kind, trustable, caring and has shown this throughout the process to the operation and post op too. He is reassuring and always has time for me even after hours and weekend. I had lots of questions at the consultation and Mr Awad made me feel very relaxed that I could ask anything. He emailed me any information I needed at all times. His team of nurses, Secretary and other professionals that work alongside him are excellent. Communication has been 100% My scars are very minimal, and he does a very thorough job, people who work with Mr Awad speak very highly of him and I would recommend him 100%.

Short link to review Mr Sherif Awad: http://iwgc.net/egaov