mr-sherif-awad

25th February 2021

I cannot praise Mr Awad enough. From the very first consultation and all the way through he has been very thorough in his approach. He has a fantastic bedside manner and really takes the time to listen and look after you. He is clearly very good at what he does and I have only seen or heard good things about his practice. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him. Five star care.

Written by a private patient at Royal Derby Hospital
25th February 2021

I have enquired about weigh loss surgery with Tonic Surgery and Dr. Awad was appointed to me. I was very pleased as he was my preferred surgeon after researching online and reading reviews. Due to the COVID 19 pandemic my first encounter with Dr. Awad was over the phone. Dr. Awad was very patient, understanding and approachable. He has evaluated my situation and has informed me about my options. He has explained all pros and cons of every surgery suitable and has answered all my questions. I felt like he took the time to help me make the most informative decision possible. Once I have made the decision to proceed with the gastric sleeve Dr. Awad contacted me again and just went though the procedure with me again. I had my surgery with him on 29/11/20 which was the first time I have met him in person. Again my first judgement did not fail me. Dr. Awad was very professional and patient, went thought the paperwork with me and took the time for any questions to be cleared. The environment in the surgery room was very positive and the staff made me feel very comfortable while getting ready for the surgery. I have now passed the 3 months mark with an amazing weight loss of 20.5kg. I am a more confident and happy person and it feels like with the tool Dr. Awad has given me I am able to reach for my goals. I would highly recommend Dr. Awad to everyone. He is a professional and dedicated surgeon who will go the extra mile to make sure his patient has all information required and offers support before/during/after surgery.

24th February 2021

Phenomenal care, Mr Awad was incredibly approachable, reassuring, professional, and caring. I felt very safe in his care, and when he reviewed me the day after surgery when I was in some discomfort, he was very calming and reassuring and made sure I was getting the care I needed. I underwent a sleeve gastrectomy with him in February 2021, and while he was very direct about the potential risks of living with obesity I never felt in any way shamed or judged by him, and felt fully supportive in taking this big step.

Written by a private patient at Royal Derby Hospital
23rd February 2021

My experience has been great so far. The surgery went went very well and I am making good progress. Mr Awad is easy to talk to and very clear with his instructions. If you follow his guidance you won't go wrong.

18th February 2021

I choose Dr Awad after considerable thought about having bariatric surgery. From the very first consultation, he was 100% open, honest and utterly professional. He took extra time and effort to explain the risks to myself and my husband, even though my children were playing loudly it did not bother him and he remained kind and patient. From my initial consultation to my surgery was around 6 weeks; although all my surgery was arranged and sorted within a few days of the consultation. His team were very thorough and guided me through the process step by step and were very helpful and kind. When I went for my surgery in February, he saw me very quickly to explain how the day would go and again was completely thorough, patient and friendly. I felt like I was talking to a friend-not a surgeon! When I went for my surgery I was getting very nervous, but his team and especially his anathetist were superb at calming me down and were very funny which put me at such ease. Before I knew it I was already under. When I came around I was in significant pain, more than I expected. His team and the staff and Burcot Hall did up and beyond to help me, and to comfort me. I honestly cannot fault them and am very impressed, grateful and happy with their services and quality of care I received. It was worth every penny, and if I had to have a surgery again I would choose Dr Awad and his team in a heartbeat!!

Mr Sherif Awad was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2021 for delivering outstanding care.

Consultant Upper Gastrointestinal, Obesity & Laparoscopic Surgeon, Honorary Associate Professor

Short link to review Mr Sherif Awad: http://iwgc.net/egaov