Mr Sherif Awad

Consultant Upper Gastrointestinal, Obesity & Laparoscopic Surgeon, Honorary Associate Professor

3rd February 2019
Written by a patient at Royal Derby Hospital

On my first consultation with Mr Awad, I just had a great feeling, his voice was so calm and professional and he answered any questions I had. I booked in with him and quickly received support from his team to prepare me fully for my journey. On the day of my op, I was picked up by a fabulous chauffeur and was met by a strong team of nurses that instantly I felt at ease with. Mr Awad came to my room in The Royal Derby Hospital and explained the operation and any risks etc, and I just felt so happy that I was in such genuinely safe hands. I can’t rate this man enough. I then met the anesthesitist and shortly after went down for surgery. Mr Awad phoned my partner as soon as the op was complete (something I wouldn’t have even thought to ask but he offered) Later that day, Mr Awad came to my room to check on me. The next day came, and Mr Awad came to my room twice, once to see how things were going and second to sit down and explain how the op etc had gone and gave me further advice. I felt like the care I received was incredible, at all stages I felt my welfare was paramount. He has given me the best tool to start my journey and I am so excited for my future now. 3 days post op and I’m happy, comfortable, other than essential medicine - drug free and already losing weight!

24th January 2019
Written by a patient at Royal Derby Hospital

I had bariatric surgery under Mr Awad two months ago, and since then my life has changed more than I could have believed. For the first time in over 15 years, I have welcomed the new year with hope and a sense of excitement. Going into my first meeting with Mr Awad I was extremely nervous; I had said so many negative things to myself about asking for this surgery that I was expecting them from him too. But from the moment I met him I felt at ease; more importantly I felt respected, which I had not expected. I could not have imagined a kinder, more compassionate surgeon and not once during the process of having the appointments and the surgery itself did I feel looked down on or uncomfortable. Mr Awad’s job as a surgeon is a technical and physical one, but I feel that in the case of bariatric surgery it is not just the surgeon’s skill but their approach to you as a person that makes the difference. It is such a personal, difficult procedure to stand in front of someone and ask for, and I don’t believe I would have gone through with the surgery if I had stood in front of someone other than Mr Awad. Mr Awad has saved my life as surely as if he took my hand and led me from the lake I was drowning in, not just physically but in the sense of what life means most - hope, enjoyment, finding worth in myself and the world that is now open to me.

23rd January 2019
Written by a carer at Royal Derby Hospital

Very calm and caring

23rd January 2019
Written by a patient at Royal Derby Hospital

As soon as this doctor speaks to you he gives you confidence. He telephoned my wife immediately after my operation and has visited me every day during my stay in Derby Hospital. In my opinion a top man who excels in his profession and I feel lucky and privileged to have had Mr. Awad as my surgeon.

21st January 2019
Written by a patient at Royal Derby Hospital

Having decided to undertake the gastric sleeve at a young age (21) the initial consultation with Dr Awad was a very informative one. Information about each surgery including banding bypass and the sleeve was given in layman's terms, after the initial consultation and information that Dr Awad had given to me and my parents, I felt confident enough to book the date of my surgery for the 29th November. On the day of my surgery, I was greeted by the amazing nurses at the Royal Derby Hospital who made the stay a very comfortable and enjoyable one. Dr Awad visited me and my parent before the surgery his calm demeanour and ability to explain the different steps of the gastric sleeve procedure made me and my parents feel at ease knowing we have the right person for the job. Almost 2 months post op and I am down nearly 4 stones. With Dr Awad's help and Tonics aftercare the process has been an enjoyable one. I am now playing sports like badminton and cricket something which was very difficult only a few months ago. All which has been made possible with Dr Awad and the Tonic Clinic. For anyone considering bariatric surgery, I Highly recommend Dr Awad because of his dedication to the field of all things bariatric coupled with a wealth of experience and knowledge. I am very grateful to Dr Awad and The Team at the Royal Derby Hospital. Thank you :)

Short link to review Mr Sherif Awad: http://iwgc.net/egaov