mr-sherif-awad

15th September 2021

I felt completely at ease under Mr Awad care. He is very thorough, has many processes and protocols so there is no room for error. The nurses love working with Mr Awad as it makes their job easier as he is so organised.

15th September 2021

Mr Awad is an amazing doctor he listened to me and him and his theatre team listened to me when it came to my anxiety over being put under. The experience I had this time round I wouldn’t be scared going under. I can’t thank you all enough!

Written by a private patient at Royal Derby Hospital
14th September 2021

It has now been two months since I have had a sleeve gastrectomy and I don't have a moment of regret, it has enabled me to finally picture the rest of my life as being a happier and healthier one. I no longer wake up ever morning regretting and feeling guilty for the amount and types of food that I ate the day before. The trapped cycle of binge eating and crash dieting that had become my life has come to an end. When first talking to Dr. Awad and his team I quickly felt confident that I was making the right choice as I was never judged, in fact the attitude give was one of understanding. I came to realise that I could not get out of this cycle without a tool like the sleeve gasterectomy and professional help and support. During my hospital stay I had full twenty four hour care, all nursing staff checked on my progress constantly, ensuring I was as comfortable as could be. The care was give with genuine compassion and I was made to feel important and never rushed, I was constently encouraged to voice any concerns and the professional way the nurses addressed every step of my recovery left me feeling reassured and resulted in me making a speedy recovery. I have lost a total of two and a half stone since first staring the pre opp liver diet. The first six weeks where quite a journey, but a well worth one. During these initial six weeks I had constant support from a nurse, psychiatrist, dietitian, PT instructor and administation staff. Any problem I mentioned whether it was a small or big one they took their time to talk it through with me to find a solution and then would schedule a time to call me again to check that my problem had been resolved. This support I can access for upto a year post opp. Before surgery I was taking medication for high blood pressure, to my great relief I no longer need this medication. As much as I still have a fair amount to lose I now fit into clothes that haven't fitted for quite some time and I feel I have a renewed interest in the way I look. My self care attitude has improved dramatically. Dr. Awad is thorough in his approach, he made sure I was a suitable candidate for the operation, explained all possible risks and gave me opportunities to ask questions. His personable manner is reassuring, but most importantly what is clear is his dedication to his patients and the high professional standards he personally sets for himself that made me choose him as a surgeon. This is the best life choice I could ever have made for myself.

14th September 2021

Dr Awad is a professional through and through. From my first phone all to my 8 week follow up he has been open, honest, informative and caring. I had gastric sleeve surgery which was my first ever procedure. Mr Awad and his team made me feel at ease. I felt safe and looked after the whole time. Thank you for the new me!

3rd September 2021

Mr Awad was amazing start to finish. He operated on both me and my partner on the same day, and he saved our lives! My confidence, happiness and health is now miles better, only 10 weeks post op so far and over 4 stone lost! I was so anxious but knew I was in the best hands, I travel over 3 hours to have him as my surgeon. He was so friendly, honest and straightforward, I couldn’t have wished for a better surgeon. Please, if you are debating whether to have weight loss surgery, do it, and do it with Mr Awad. I had the gastric sleeve, and I regret nothing! I have received amazing aftercare from him and his team. Forever grateful for my new lease of life. Thank you Mr Awad!!

Mr Sherif Awad was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2021 for delivering outstanding care.

Consultant Upper Gastrointestinal, Obesity & Laparoscopic Surgeon, Honorary Associate Professor

Short link to review Mr Sherif Awad: http://iwgc.net/egaov