Mr Sherif Awad

Consultant Upper Gastrointestinal, Obesity & Laparoscopic Surgeon, Honorary Associate Professor

19th August 2017
Written by a patient at Royal Derby Hospital

Dr Awad's confidence is reassuring at a very stressful time. The operation had good results and prior to me committing he went through the details of the operation, the risks and benefits, which I am aware doctors are supposed to do with any form of treatment but rarely do, Dr Awad took the time to do this properly. I was very anxious about the procedure, I would have been with any surgical procedure, but Dr Awad remained confident, reassuring and professional, I am grateful for this and the positive post operative outcomes. I was diabetic prior to the op-I no longer am. Thank you

Written by a patient at Royal Derby Hospital

I was operated on by Mr Awad yesterday in Derby. I was made to feel at ease and nothing was too much trouble. He was very professional but personable. Everything was explained very clearly and I was kept informed as to what would be happening and when. Great experience

Written by a patient at Royal Derby Hospital

Following a problem at another hospital, Mr Awad offered to see me the very next day for consultation. During that meeting, Mr Awad immediately put me and my wife at ease with his words and full explanation of the procedure ahead. He explained the proposed surgery in full detail with lots of graphics to show what would happen (I like pictures!) he also explained fully, the potential risks associated with the surgery. On the day of surgery Mr Awad again outlined the surgery and was totally reassuring about the whole operation. The surgery went great from my point of view, although he explained the problems he had encountered with my situation, all of which were overcome. He came to see me after the surgery and explained fully, all that had happened during the operation, again showing me photographs of the procedure. Mr Awad is a delightfull and charming man, who was able to reassure me about all of my concerns. I would have no qualms whatsoever in recommending him to anyone. His skill is beyond question and I delighted that my original procedure was cancelled at the original hospital. On a personal note, Mr Awad is one of the nicest people I have ever had the the great pleasure to meet, and I will be forever indebted to him for what he has done for me. Thank you Sir.

Written by a patient at Royal Derby Hospital

Mr Awads personality shines through, he is professional, understanding and caring, he made me feel at ease throughout the process. I had a gastric sleeve operation in January 17. The experience was so positive from first consultation to aftercare appointments. I could contact him with any queries at any time. All staff at the hospital spoke highly of him. My husband has just had the same operation without hesitation. Again Mr Awad has been fantastic throughout.

29th July 2017
Written by a patient at Royal Derby Hospital

Mr Awad completed my Mini Gastric Bypass surgery two days ago, and hand on heart, I feel amazing! I have no gas pain, I was up walking within a few hours and have experienced no nausea at all. Mr Awad and his amazing team were fantastic from start to finish. I was listened to, respected and made to feel like I was important. I have lots of medical complex issues and Mr Awad took all these into consideration when consulting with me about the best procedure in his opinion, and I trusted him fully. Mr Awad visited me prior to surgery, after surgery and twice on the ward to ensure that I was comfortable and managing post op, which I'm over the moon to say I was and continue to do so. I feel incredible considering I had a major operation! I had complete confidence in Mr Awad, as he had previously removed my gall bladder and that operation went smoothly, with minimal scarring due to clean and precise wound care. I cannot thank him and his team enough for giving me a second opportunity at living my life, at having a chance to be fitter and healthier. Thank you so very much.

Short link to review Mr Sherif Awad: http://iwgc.net/egaov