mr-sherif-awad

23rd May 2022

Mr Awad is the ultimate professional. He is a very experienced surgeon who is keen that you receive all the necessary information regarding your operation so that you are fully informed and knowledgeable about your procedure. He is approachable and responsive to questions , offering his opinion of what is suitable for you. He is meticulous in explaining and directing you to all aspects of your post operation recovery. He works in partnership with a great team He was my main reason to proceed with my gastric sleeve that I had deliberated over for a long time.

22nd May 2022

Mr Awad provided excellent care, with clear explanations throughout

19th May 2022

Mr Awad is very personable and a pleasure to put my trust in. Mr Awad is clearly very knowledgeable and very passionate in what he does. When deciding to have my surgery with Mr Awad I naturally checked the GMC and whether he was involved in any ongoing metabolic or bariatric research groups/projects. His care goes well past this though! It was a pleasure to meet Mr Awad who had a genuine interest in his patients and put me at ease straight away. I couldn't be happier, I'm very early into my post op recovery but I know this man has changed my life and I am forever greatful. I couldn't recommend Mr Awad enough. Ps - it's always nice when your surgeon has a sense of humour and remembers little details as to why this surgery will be so life changing!

14th May 2022

Mr Awad was absolutely amazing from the minute I met him. He listened to me, he explained areas I wasn’t to sure about and gave me the opportunity to proceed with my surgery knowing all the facts and feeling in very safe hands. I would recommended Mr Awad every single time, he’s wonderful!

13th May 2022

I was very pleased when Mr Awad agreed to be the one to carry out my surgery. All staff I encountered at the hospital spoke very highly of him, as did previous patients. It is clear he is passionate about the surgery he chooses to preform, and he very much has patient experience in mind. His enhanced recovery protocol was very beneficial, and I took comfort in his no-nonsense approach. He has the ability to be approachable, but moreover professional, which gave me great confidence in him, his ability and his commitment to only preforming after thorough risk assessment and criteria are met. For example following the LRD. I appreciate he, himself rang my family following surgery to reassure them. I would recommend Mr Awad.

Mr Sherif Awad was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2022 for delivering outstanding care.

Consultant Upper Gastrointestinal, Obesity & Laparoscopic Surgeon. Council Member (Educational Lead) British Obesity & Metabolic Surgery Society (BOMSS).

Short link to review Mr Sherif Awad: http://iwgc.net/egaov