mr-sherif-awad

9th May 2021

From seeing Mr Awad at Royal Derby Hospital, to having my surgery through Tonic at Burcot Hall, he was 100% amazing. He gave me all the information I needed and kept me informed every step of the way and made everything to clear and understandable. I can’t thank him enough, he was so informative & supportive. He was not judgemental and treated me extremely well, this was really important for me as I’m very ashamed about my weight. The whole team at Burcot Hall were just wonderful. From my amazing nurse Fatou, to my anaesthetist, Nick, all the surgical staff and of course, Mr Awad. And a big shout out to Sarah, his PA, even when I was panicking about what I needed to do with the paperwork, she was there to help. 100% best team ever. Mr Awad, you’ve got this down to a fine art, well done!

5th May 2021

A friendly, approachable surgeon who made me feel totally at ease and who explained my procedure in detail. He is held in the high regard by his fellow workers who all assured me I couldn't be in better hands.

5th May 2021

Mr Awad is an extremely thorough, attentive perfectionist of a clinician. He wants the best for his patients and following his advice really works. He clearly had the respect of the nurses who spoke very highly of him. I am very happy with the care I have received and would recommend Mr Awad to anyone. I felt very safe in his hands.

4th May 2021

I had a rny bypass through Tonic with Mr Awad. The surgery went well and I was home the day after. The benefits have been huge, I am ten weeks post op and five stone down. My stress incontinence has gone, my blood sugars are normal and I no longer snore. My joints are easier and my back and knee pain much improved. I can walk upstairs without being out of breath. I can eat small portions of most foods, and have enjoyed eating out. I cannot praise Mr Awad enough, he was kind and informative and an excellent surgeon.

4th May 2021

Having considered and researched surgery for two years, I booked a consultation with Mr Awad via Tonic. I chose Mr Awad due to the consistently great feedback and recommendations via several WLS forums and reviews here. Due to the pandemic, my initial consultation was over the phone. Mr Awad was very informative and we discussed my history and research, reasons for surgery and how had I gotten to this point. Part way through we brought my husband into the conversation as he had reservations about the surgery. Mr Awad answered all of our questions and concerns and gave my husband the comfort needed to alay any of his concerns. I immediately booked my surgery and 6 weeks later I was in Burcot Hall for my surgery. The team were fantastic and took complete care of me - each and everyone of them were very friendly and knowledgeable. The surgery went well and I’ll be honest - I had no pain from the operation, nor did I struggle with gas pain. I did as Mr Awad recommended and walked every hour, and used the spirometer which I think helped in my recovery hugely. Once home, the team at Tonic were in constant touch whether that be the dietician, the psych or the PT, or even just a catchup from the Tonic office! 10 weeks later and I’ve lost over 3 stone, I have significantly higher energy levels and feel much better in myself. I’m looking forward to my future! The team at Tonic and Burcot Hall were fantastic and I’m so so pleased that I chose Mr Awad - his skill and care were second to none and I highly recommend anyone considering this surgery to have a consultation with him. My only regret is not having done this sooner!

Mr Sherif Awad was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2021 for delivering outstanding care.

Consultant Upper Gastrointestinal, Obesity & Laparoscopic Surgeon, Honorary Associate Professor

Short link to review Mr Sherif Awad: http://iwgc.net/egaov