Mr Sherif Awad

Consultant Upper Gastrointestinal, Obesity & Laparoscopic Surgeon, Honorary Associate Professor

23rd December 2019

Mr Awad is very calm and warm and was open to my questions and he prepared me very well before the surgery about all the benefits but also the risks that I obey. I didn't had any fear, he gave me the comfort that I am in good hands and I knew he will do everything for me to be healthy.

13th December 2019

Fantastic consultant!

10th December 2019

I met Dr Awad through Tonic Weight loss. I decided having the gastric band after struggling with losing weight for years. After my first visit with him my best option was for a gastric bypass due to other underlying health issues. It was the hardest decision of my life but Dr Awad made it so simple and his professionalism and experience of the surgery and also knowing he was going to be with me through it all was all the assurance I needed. I had appointments with other consultants who were only interested in you as a patient. Dr Awad made me feel at ease and explained clearly each weight loss procedure and what would benefit me for the future. I felt he was the only one who I could honestly trust to put me first. 2 months later it the best decision I have ever made thanks to Dr Awad.

6th December 2019

After nearly 20 years of thinking about surgery, many meetings with surgeons, doctors and nurses, it took all of 20 minutes talking to Mr Awad to realise he was the right surgeon for me. A consummate professional, he and his team make you feel very comfortable and at ease at every stage of the process, both before and after surgery. I would highly recommend Mr Awad and his team. My only regret was not going ahead sooner.

27th November 2019

I was scared at first, approaching Mr Awad about surgery. I had quite a complex case with underlying blood conditions, however Mr Awad wasn’t phased by this and instead reassured myself and my family and took every precaution possible. Before surgery, Mr Awad visited me in my room and explained the procedure and made sure I was still happy to go ahead. Once I was in theatre Mr Awad was attentive and ensured I was comfortable before being put under. After coming round, the staff at the hospital were fantastic. I had regular contact with Mr Awad and his team. I know I have been given a new life and have been in the best hands possible. I wouldn’t have gone with any other surgeon and I can’t recommend Mr Awad highly enough. He was sure to make everything as comfortable as possible and really helped my family and partner understand what was going on. Mr Awad has given me a new life and I am forever grateful.

Short link to review Mr Sherif Awad: http://iwgc.net/egaov