Mr Sherif Awad

Consultant Upper Gastrointestinal, Obesity & Laparoscopic Surgeon, Honorary Associate Professor

14th October 2019
Written by a patient at Royal Derby Hospital

Mr Awad filled me with confidence about his expertise and ability. I felt very safe and in the best possible hands together with the amazing nursing staff at Derby Private Medical. I saw him for a consultation where he introduced me to to 2 patients he had operated on the day before who could only sing his praises. On the day of the surgery he came to see me twice and I was taken down at 10am. Mr Awad met me in pre-op and was very particular about my op prep. I recovered well and saw him again after my op and then twice the following day before discharge.

13th October 2019
Written by a patient at Royal Derby Hospital

He explained in detail what what would happen and what my options were when discussing the weight loss with Mr Awad. The follow up care has also been superb, with any questions I had being answered by the doctor or the team supporting me.

6th October 2019
Written by a patient at Royal Derby Hospital

Dr. Awad was brilliant and discussed my operation in great detail with me beforehand and what to expect after the operation. He came to see me a few times after the operation and was extremely caring and attentive. I would highly recommend him to anyone looking to have this type of surgery.

5th October 2019
Written by a patient at Royal Derby Hospital

Taking the decision to have Gastric bypass surgery was a massive journey for me, financially and hopefully life changing. After many years of researching I finally took hold of my courage and committed to Tonic and Mr Asad, it's early days for me as my surgery was only a few days ago but I feel I couldn't have been in better hands. Mr Awad on my first consultation listened to me and advised me without being judgemental, he reassured my fears and helped me to make my decision without any pressure. From then on the Tonic team were in regular contact answering any further questions or worried I had. On the day of surgery I was greeted with smiles and respect, my room was lovely and comfortable with a fan that I had requested ( I'm always hot ). Mr Awad came to visit me to go through any further queries I had and to talk through the surgery and paperwork before I went for the surgery, I also spoke to the anesthetist who took me through his role. After my surgery the Tonic team were excellent in their care of myself, I couldn't fault them. Mr Awad visited me twice before I was discharged. I have a further after care appointments with Mr Awad and the Tonic Nurse and team are in contact every day and I have contact numbers for any problems occurring. Excellent.

30th September 2019
Written by a patient at Royal Derby Hospital

I have only positive things to say about my experience with Mr Away and Tonic team. Mr.Awad is an exceptionally patient, professional surgeon. I am a 67-year-old Russian lady who suffers from hypertension and arthritis, the age and my medical condition have limited me in my ability to exercise, which in turn resulted in me being extremely overweight and unable to lose weight by means of diets. After having consulted Tonic and Mr.Awad I have decided to have a gartic sleeve procedure done. Their priority has always been to perform the procedure safely and only if I was in a fit state to undergo the procedure. As a result, I have undergone endoscopy as well getting an ok from a cardiologies, all of which Mr.Awad organised for me, therefore minimising the stress of having to search for places to have this done prior to gastric sleeve procedure. Mr.Awad himself performed the endoscopy. The Tonic team has been exceptionally attentive post-procedure, calling to check up on me every day and some days multiple times a day to ensure I was doing well, to check for pain and to give advice in terms of sustenance intake post-op. I am very happy with the experience and the support I have received and very much looking forward to losing the weight, becoming more mobile and healthy.

Short link to review Mr Sherif Awad: http://iwgc.net/egaov