Mr Sherif Awad

Consultant Upper Gastrointestinal, Obesity & Laparoscopic Surgeon, Honorary Associate Professor

16th April 2019
Written by a patient at Royal Derby Hospital

A really good positive experience, highly recommend!

31st March 2019
Written by a patient at Royal Derby Hospital

Mr Awad was professional but very approachable. As a health care professional myself I was wary about being 'on the other side' but I felt totally at ease. I cannot fault him and his team at Royal Derby Hospital.

3rd March 2019
Written by a patient at Royal Derby Hospital

I had a mini gastric bypass (omega loop) with Mr Awad just over two weeks ago. Mr experience could not have been more positive. Before the op, Mr Awad was very helpful in advising what would work for my personal circumstances and was very honest regarding the implications and potential complications of each procedure on the table. He listened to me, to my story and really understood what I needed. The operation went perfectly well and I've been recovering much faster that I was expecting with no complications at all. The staff and nurses at Derby Private Care are amazing and really helped me in the first couple of days after the op. Even after going back home, Mr Awad remained available in case I had any questions or issues. I couldn't have opted for a better surgeon and I'm extremely grateful to Mr Awad not only for doing an amazing job with the op, but for really and genuinely caring about me.

3rd February 2019
Written by a patient at Royal Derby Hospital

On my first consultation with Mr Awad, I just had a great feeling, his voice was so calm and professional and he answered any questions I had. I booked in with him and quickly received support from his team to prepare me fully for my journey. On the day of my op, I was picked up by a fabulous chauffeur and was met by a strong team of nurses that instantly I felt at ease with. Mr Awad came to my room in The Royal Derby Hospital and explained the operation and any risks etc, and I just felt so happy that I was in such genuinely safe hands. I can’t rate this man enough. I then met the anesthesitist and shortly after went down for surgery. Mr Awad phoned my partner as soon as the op was complete (something I wouldn’t have even thought to ask but he offered) Later that day, Mr Awad came to my room to check on me. The next day came, and Mr Awad came to my room twice, once to see how things were going and second to sit down and explain how the op etc had gone and gave me further advice. I felt like the care I received was incredible, at all stages I felt my welfare was paramount. He has given me the best tool to start my journey and I am so excited for my future now. 3 days post op and I’m happy, comfortable, other than essential medicine - drug free and already losing weight!

24th January 2019
Written by a patient at Royal Derby Hospital

I had bariatric surgery under Mr Awad two months ago, and since then my life has changed more than I could have believed. For the first time in over 15 years, I have welcomed the new year with hope and a sense of excitement. Going into my first meeting with Mr Awad I was extremely nervous; I had said so many negative things to myself about asking for this surgery that I was expecting them from him too. But from the moment I met him I felt at ease; more importantly I felt respected, which I had not expected. I could not have imagined a kinder, more compassionate surgeon and not once during the process of having the appointments and the surgery itself did I feel looked down on or uncomfortable. Mr Awad’s job as a surgeon is a technical and physical one, but I feel that in the case of bariatric surgery it is not just the surgeon’s skill but their approach to you as a person that makes the difference. It is such a personal, difficult procedure to stand in front of someone and ask for, and I don’t believe I would have gone through with the surgery if I had stood in front of someone other than Mr Awad. Mr Awad has saved my life as surely as if he took my hand and led me from the lake I was drowning in, not just physically but in the sense of what life means most - hope, enjoyment, finding worth in myself and the world that is now open to me.

Short link to review Mr Sherif Awad: http://iwgc.net/egaov