Mr Sherif Awad

Consultant Upper Gastrointestinal, Obesity & Laparoscopic Surgeon, Honorary Associate Professor

27th November 2017
Written by a patient at Royal Derby Hospital

I could not have wished for better information, care and support from Mr Awad and his team. I felt listened to, and able to freely express my concerns and have them answered. The care that I received prior to, during and after my procedure was fantastic, and it made a huge difference to my experience. I would thoroughly recommend Mr Awad to friends and family.

24th November 2017
Written by a patient at Royal Derby Hospital

Mr Awad's initial 30 minute consultation for a gastric sleeve was thorough, attentive and I didn't feel rushed or hassled. He helped me choose between two different procedures and made me feel reassured and in safe hands. It felt easy to ask any questions, I didn't feel intimidated or silly. Whilst in hospital, before and after the procedure, he was calm, informative and I had confidence that he would do a good job.

20th November 2017
Written by a patient at Royal Derby Hospital

I consider myself to be a very lucky man. When I needed the best help at the most critical period of my life, Mr Awad appeared just at the right place at the right time. This man has been with me every step of the way since the day I was diagnosed. He told me what to expect on the day of the op and how difficult the recuperation would be and how determined I would have to be. This information is appreciated and acted on with each passing day. Most importantly of all, I consider Mr Awad to be a fantastic surgeon. After the surgery he told me that he had to work very very hard to remove all of the tumour and that it was an extremely difficult process. Thank God he persevered. I owe this man my life, simple as. After the procedure he took the time to contact my nearest and dearest and explain what had happened, which was very thoughtful. Now I am home and recovering arrangements are being made to see Mr Awad every 3 months for follow-up appointments. Very simply, I can't praise him or thank him enough for what he did for me.

17th November 2017
Written by a patient at Nuffield Hospital Derby

Mr Awad is professional, caring and he listens but above all he has a sense of humour which comes to the surface once all the serious stuff is out of the way. Because of the odd fashion in which my health care provider works I ended up seeing 2 consultant surgeons with Mr Awad being the second one. I consider myself to be very fortunate that Mr Awad was the second one because of the very professional manner in which he carried out the investigations prior to committing himself to the surgery. Finally, would I recommend Mr Awad to friends and family - YES – without hesitation but perhaps more importantly would I want to use Mr Awad again if the need arose – YES – without hesitation. So if you have an appointment with Mr Awad in the near future try you will be in safe hands, he is actually a nice guy who knows what he is doing.

11th November 2017
Written by a patient at Royal Derby Hospital

Mr Awad was very friendly, down to earth and listened to my needs. He provided me with all the information to make an informed decision about what surgery to have. Mr Awad called a member of my family as soon as he had finished my surgery to let them know how it had gone....and it had gone extremely well! I was visited by him after I had come out of recovery and twice the next day. I progressed so well I left Hospital the day after surgery.

Short link to review Mr Sherif Awad: http://iwgc.net/egaov