Mr Sherif Awad

Consultant Upper Gastrointestinal, Bariatric & Laparoscopic Surgeon Honorary Associate Professor of Surgery

19th April 2017
Written by a patient at Royal Derby Hospital

I had surgery 9 days ago with dr awad at derby hospital. Dr awad made me feel very at ease, polite and professional. The surgery went well. Hospital was amazing. Chauffeur to and from hospital was a life saver. My incisions are tiny! The whole team at tonic who is the provider give great after care. I am really happy with my choice to get a gastric sleeve with dr awad and would recommend him.

9th April 2017
Written by a patient at Royal Derby Hospital

A fantastic doctor, really reassured me and explained everything thoroughly to me! Was efficient with aftercare and was very friendly putting me at ease. Already feeling the benefits of his work!

9th April 2017
Written by a patient at Royal Derby Hospital

I consulted with Mr Awad regarding a gastric band, during my first consultation I was quite nervous at first, but he immediately put me at ease, was not judgemental, and listened to all my concerns and guided me in the right direction for me, and we agreed that the gastric sleeve would be more beneficial. Mr Awad was amazing on the day of the surgery, very reassuring, had plenty of time to talk to me. He offered to call a family member to let them know how surgery had gone while I was in recovery. He visited me a number of times post op to monitor my progress and reassure me how I was doing. I really cant rate Mr Awad highly enough, he made something quite scary into an experience that was far more relaxed than I thought it could be, and the encouragement he gave me was amazing.

3rd April 2017
Written by a patient at Royal Derby Hospital

I was extremely pleased to be seen by a surgeon that I was familiar with - it was good to be able to discuss the details of my care with the doctor who had actually carried out the operation. My questions were answered with a smile and a friendly, reassuring manner. He was very professional in his conduct. He answered with good clarity the questions I had about my on-going care and medication. His answers were easy to understand. I was seen on-time. He managed the consultation in an efficient way providing clear and concise answers. It was good for me to be able to express my gratitude in person. Overall, I am extremely pleased with the quality of care I have received.

1st April 2017
Written by a patient at Royal Derby Hospital

Very approachable, professional and polite. He explained all aspects of my care fully to me at all stages. Willing listened to all concerns raised by myself n my family. Put you at ease in a friendly and professional manner.

Short link to review Mr Sherif Awad: http://iwgc.net/egaov