mr-shaun-appleton

« 1 2 3 4 5 »

Written by a private patient at The Shelburne Hospital
22nd July 2022

This is my second visit to see Shaun Appleton to have on two separate occasions repair of inguinal hernias one in February 2022 and one yesterday 21st July. I have every confidence in him and his team. From the initial consultation with him I found him to be very professional, understanding and courteous towards me. I felt reassured after our consultations that my problems would be sorted with the utmost professionalism. I elected to have both surgeries undertaken at the Shelburne Hospital, High Wycombe and whilst in their care I was also treated with the utmost respect and professionalism. I would highly recommend both Mr Shaun Appleton and The Shelburne Hospital to anyone with any doubts about a consultant or hospital stay. I am overjoyed with my experiences and care throughout.

Written by a private patient at The Chiltern Hospital
26th April 2022

Having suffered with a hiatus hernia/ GORD for 30+ years and taking alot of medication to keep my systems under control, it was time to get treated once and for all. From the moment I met Mr Appleton, he assured me that having a hiatus hernia repair would be the best thing for me with immediate results. Following surgery, I had a sloppy diet for a couple of weeks but now, 4 weeks following surgery, I feel great with no acid reflux! I am off my medication and I am eating all my previous trigger foods. The five key hole incisions are healing nicely and I am getting back into exercise. The only contraindications I currently have is having to eat smaller mouthfuls of food at any one time as well as a bit of shoulder pain, which will alleviate in time. Eating too much in one go will cause a blockage at the surgical point which is rather uncomfortable but will pass but a reminder to eat slightly less and more slowly. There has been hardly any pain which was a very pleasant surprise along with slight weight loss. Mr Appleton has been with me from start to end of this journey and I have no hesitation in recommending him if you need this surgery. Please don't suffer with acid reflux unnecessarily.

Written by a private patient at The Shelburne Hospital
12th February 2022

I have waited 4 months to review my surgery by Mr Shaun Appleton on 2 September 2021 as I thought it better to see how I felt after a prolonged period. A rare technically challenging hernia procedure. It is a bit like reviewing a Rolls Royce. A smooth and an elegant experience as surgery possibly can be from beginning-to-end. Mr Appleton has a brisk efficient, but very patient-centric bedside manner. His secretary, Jo Bolton and the BMI Shelburne team were outstanding in support. All of this was in the darker days of Covid, and I did not encounter another patient or member of the public from beginning to end. I was in at 7.30 am and comfortably at home in the early evening. I have no suggestions for improvement. Good support pack of clear information helped toward a smooth recovery.

Written by a private patient at The Chiltern Hospital
22nd January 2022

I had hernia surgery in late December 2021 as a day patient. I was kept well informed about the procedure, before, and on the day. I had very little pain following the surgery and did not take pain killers. By the 2nd week I was back at work, and by week 3 barely noticing the scar. I think Shaun did a terrific job, and hopefully this review will help anyone deciding whether to proceed with surgery rather than ‘waiting and watching’ which was advised by my GP.

Written by a NHS patient at Wycombe Hospital
5th January 2022

On being referred to Wycombe Hospital for something that showed up on a scan, I was apprehensive about having surgery, until I’d had a chat with Mr Appleton.. He explained, in detail to me, what would happen, and in 5 minutes, I was convinced, that with his expertise, I would be in safe hands...and after this, felt totally comfortable as regards having the surgery,, in Dec 21... would say many thanks to Mr Appleton and his team, and highly him.

« 1 2 3 4 5 »