mr-shaun-appleton

« 1 2 3 4 »

Written by a private patient at BMI The Shelburne Hospital
11th August 2021

Right inguinal hernia operation carried out . I was ambulatory within 3 hours and whilst I took paracetamol for 2 days afterwards I don’t really think I needed to. Best advice from Mr Appleton was listen to your body and do whatever doesn’t hurt. I was back to my normal strenuous activities within 3 weeks of the op to the amazement of my wife and friends; all of whom seemed to be under the dated impression that it would be C 6 weeks convalescence/light duties. As regards post operative advice I would have welcomed knowing :- A) the anaesthetic would make me constipated for 3/4 days B) that I could dispense with the antiDVT stockings after 7 day C) that I would have a ridge of muscle along the scar line which would take a couple of months to ‘flatten out Other than that, tans to Mr Appleton for a great job and I have no hesitation in recommending him to others

Written by a private patient at BMI The Chiltern Hospital
4th August 2021

From A to Z Mr Appleton and his team of experts made me feel comfortable going ahead with a hernia operation. On the day itself I was cared and listened to and explained each step of the way. Already after a week I am almost back to my normal routines and in very limited pain. Highly recommend Mr Appleton and BMI Chiltern Hospital’s extended team of the care professionals working alongside him.

Written by a private patient at BMI The Shelburne Hospital
22nd July 2021

It must be quite unusual to say it was a pleasure to undergo surgery, particularly as I wasn't looking forward to the process. However Mr Appleton immediately put me at ease with his manner and clear expertise during my initial consultation and on the day of the procedure. As therefore anticipated all went well, I was in the hospital at 7:00am and home by 4:00pm the same day and the recovery has gone smoothly. I was recommended to Mr Appleton by a couple of acquaintances and I would totally endorse this without hesitation.

Written by a private patient at BMI The Chiltern Hospital
14th July 2021

A smooth process from beginning to end. Everything fully explained about what to expect. Excellent care and a first class result.

Written by a patient at Wycombe Hospital
9th March 2020

I had a hiatus hernia done by Mr Appleton last September 2019. As I never had an operation before, I found him kind, understanding and make me feel relaxed. He came and saw me after the operation and also explained everything to my wife. I would highly recommend this surgeon.

« 1 2 3 4 »