5th August 2018
Written by a patient at Gloucestershire Royal Hospital

Went to hospital with bad tummy pains. Despite having seen 2 other consultants about the problem he has given me hope that he can help me. His bedside manner is excellent and he listens to you. He seems to like a challenge so i have certainly picked the right consultant!

26th July 2018
Written by a patient at Winfield Hospital

I cannot recommend Mr Jaunoo highly enough. I think it speaks volumes that I originally saw him as an NHS patient and was prepared to wait so that he could arrange to perform my surgery privately, rather than be referred to a colleague. He has a very reassuring manner and explained the pros and cons of surgery so that i could not only make an informed choice about my proceedure but felt comfortable with the choice I made. As a new mum and someone with high levels of anxiety i also felt in control of what was happening which was very important to me. Although my surgery (gallbladder out) is routine for someone like Mr Jaunoo, he makes you feel like you are his sole patient and the only one he has to care for (not easy in todays time pressured nhs). Quietly confident and reassuringly practical with his advice, I hope never to need his skills again but if I did, I'd have no hesitation in choosing to use him again.

20th July 2018
Written by a patient at Gloucestershire Royal Hospital

Mr Jaunoo is a true gentleman. He quickly diagnosed that I had cancer of the stomach / oesophagus. He took the time to explain to myself and my wife the complexities of what was involved in a manner which was easily understood and with compassion but also making us aware that this was major life changing surgery and at the same time giving us hope that I could get through this period of my life. He followed my progress through Chemotherapy, various CT scans and endoscopies even ensuring that he carried out the final endoscopy himself. I had Oesophageal / Gastric surgery on the 19th June 2018 and he has been very supportive since. His bedside manner is impeccable and he makes you feel like you are someone and not just a name on a hospital list. Despite having a large scar ( it looked like I had been auditioning for Jaws), the wound is starting to heal and is very neat. A massive THANKYOU to Mr Jaunoo, a first class consultant and his team for their excellent help and advice but also the excellent NHS which came into being shortly before my birth.

11th June 2018
Written by a patient at Gloucestershire Royal Hospital

Following 2 bouts of pancreatitus to only be put onto an extensive waiting list to have my gall bladder removed, Dr jaunoo listened to my distresses and concerns of waiting for the surgery after being so unwell. Dr Jaunoo ensured I understood the the pros and risks of the surgery, took the time to explain the procedure, was incredibly respectful and approachable. After having my son 12 weeks ago and spending nearly 2 weeks in hopsital- I found myself unable to care for him due to the pain of the gall stones and repetide pancreatitus and I will forever be grateful to Dr jaunoo for doing the surgery on my second admission and not making me wait an extra 2 months which would have effected my mental health and quality of life. The after care I received from Dr Jaunoo was absolutely superb and he seemed genuinely caring about my well being! My family and I are so grateful to Dr Jaunoo and the level of care he has given to me! Thank you- I can know concentrate on being a new mum again

7th June 2018
Written by a patient at Gloucestershire Royal Hospital

Mr Jaunoo looked after me when I was an inpatient in Gloucester Royal infirmary. He explained my treatment in great detail and answered my questions in depth. He visited me regularly to check my progress following my surgery. I was left with minimal scarring and experienced very little pain following my operation. The advice Mr Jaunoo gave me about phasing my returning to work was very helpful. Mr Jaunoo is a gentleman whose manner is impeccable he is very pleasant and polite.

Short link to review Mr Shameen Jaunoo: http://iwgc.net/egwmd