mr-shahram-anari

Written by a patient at Solihull Hospital
14th May 2020

After going to my local doctors surgery and them telling me that my polyps weren't bad I asked for a second opinion I was sent to Dr anari, straight away Dr anari did a thorough examination, he told me straight away I needed surgery explained everything to the t what he was planning to do and what else might need to be done if things were worse higher up in my sinuses. Mr anari from the moment I walked in his door listen to me with great concern noticed I was very distressed and more importantly I could not breathe anywhere near as well as I could a few years ago. The thing that struck me the most was I was not not a number on his list I was a patient that was worried more importantly to getting back to where I was and he put all these fears at Bay. On the day of the surgery I was waiting in my cubicle I was thinking to myself I wonder if he'll recognise me . As soon as he walked into the ward he gave me a reassuring smile called me by my name this is all the reassurance I needed and knew I was in safe hands. The surgery took longer due to Mr anari doing a thorough job and obviously finding more polyps and my Airways being so tight. As soon as I came out of surgery I didn't notice a 50% difference I noticed a 110% difference I actually felt high from breathing in so much oxygen. Dr anari checked on me multiple times although he was working on other patients and always with that reassuring smile. I can't take this man enough.

Written by a patient at Birmingham Heartlands Hospital
24th February 2020

Once again I have received surgery from Mr Anari after Basel cell cancer has been removed from my nose. This is the second living graft procedure he has carried out for me on the nose. Once again it is healing lovely and scarring will be minimal as before. Mr Anari is a very pleasant and friendly person who understands the patients requirements and listens to the patient. Nothing ever seems too much trouble. He is a pleasure to meet and discuss the problem with and would trust him to do any type of surgery on myself or my family. Many thanks to him. After my first procedure I mentioned that my hearing had become worse. He checked this out I had a hearing test and was given hearing aids for both ears. Again many thanks as this has improved my hearing. For this my wife thanks him greatly.

Written by a patient at Spire Parkway Hospital
18th February 2020

Dr Anari carried out surgery on my nose in July 2019. It was a open septoplasty rhino surgery. The process from start to finish was supportive. I recieved excellent patient care and received correct operational information. I can wholeheartedly say that Dr Anari is a fantastic Dr. His skill set has give me confidence with my nose and has allowed my breathing to function normally after suffering 2 car accidents. I can't wait to go swimming and breath under water without gasping for air. God bless him and I pray he continues to work hard and provide high quality patient care to all his patients!

Written by a patient at Spire Parkway Hospital
4th February 2020

Dr Anari is a brilliant doctor, he helped me gain my confidence back by giving me the best results from the septal rhinoplasty he carried out. I would most definitely recommend him as he is a caring doctor and very trustworthy. Dr Anari reassured me loads as my operation got closer.

Written by a patient at Birmingham Heartlands Hospital
31st January 2020

In November 2019 Mr. Anari "fixed" my nose after Mohs surgery. Technical term - nasal reconstruction surgery. Before the 2 stage process he explained in simple terms what the procedures would involve and the outcomes that he expected. And indeed, here we are in late January 2020 and my nose has healed well, just as he had explained to me. Mr. Anari is very professional and likeable so, if your nose needs "fixing", go and see him - he's surely one of the best !

Mr Shahram Anari was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2020 for delivering outstanding care.

ENT Consultant Surgeon with a Specialist Interest in Nasal Problems