Mr Shah Punwar

Trauma and Orthopaedic Consultant specialising in hip and knee replacements as well as knee ligament reconstruction. Honorary Secretary South West Orthopaedic Club (SWOC) www.swoc.co.uk

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery

12th August 2017
Written by a patient at Mount Stuart Hospital

I am a nervous patient but Mr Punwar made me feel very at ease, he expalined every thing to me I had Knee surgery done and the results are very good

13th August 2017
Response from Mr Shah Punwar

Thank you for taking the time to give feedback, glad you're doing well. Best Wishes SP

3rd July 2017
Written by a patient at Torbay Hospital

I had a half knee replacement at the end of January performed by Mr Punwar. I could not have wished for a better surgeon to perform my operation, all patients want to know everything that the surgeon is going to do to them, it;s there body and it affects the rest of their life. Shah was both professional and at the same time down to earth, speaking in layman's language so ever detail of what he was going to do was understood. He is a busy man but always has the time to chat and make the patient feel completely at ease. It has been six months now and I am walking reasonably well, sometimes 2 or 3 miles. I still get a bit of pain if I walk for a long time, but generally, I'm walking better than before the operation with less pain. I have stopped taking the pain killers and use voltarol gel to cope if I do get pain. I am sure in 12 months time I will be totally pain-free and feel my operation performed by Shah is a complete success. All I can say to Mr Shah Punwar is, thank you so much.

4th July 2017
Response from Mr Shah Punwar

Thank you for your kind comments. It can take some time for things to settle down after a joint replacement. Glad to hear you're progressing well.

4th May 2017
Written by a patient at Mount Stuart Hospital

I cannot praise Mr Punwar enough. He has recently performed carpal tunnel release surgery on both my hands. He instantly put me at my ease on the first consultation and explained everything fully and in clear terms that I could understand. On the days of the operations, although I was initially scared, he put my mind at ease and had a very calming manner. I am very satisfied with the outcome of the surgery. Both hands are doing well. I have a better grip in both of them now and I no longer suffer any pain at night. When I visited my GP's surgery to have the stitches removed, the practise nurse told me that she had never seen a neater job. So I would like to say a big thank you to Mr Punwar and I would have absolutely no hesitation in recommending him to others.

4th May 2017
Response from Mr Shah Punwar

Thank you for the kind words. Great to hear you're doing well. Best Wishes SP

23rd March 2017
Written by a patient at Torbay Hospital

Mr Shah Punwar was my surgeon for my knee replacement surgery at all times he was friendly, put me at ease, explained everything to me and answered all questions. I had my operation at Mount Stuart on the 19th Jan 2017 and I can't thank Mr Punwar and all staff involved in my care enough. Thank you. Sue Harris

5th May 2017
Response from Mr Shah Punwar

Thank you Mrs Harris, for the kind words, card and lovely scarf. Best Wishes SP

25th January 2017
Written by a patient at Torbay Hospital

I was lucky to have Mr Punwar perform my kneed replacement op. I have had absolutely no problems and the scar is very neat. I am indeed fortunate as others that I know have had replacements by other surgeons and have had a lot of discomfort and problems . I am eternally grateful for his s expertise..

5th May 2017
Response from Mr Shah Punwar

Pleasure to be able to help. Glad you're doing well. Best Wishes SP

Short link to review Mr Shah Punwar: http://iwgc.net/egbp2