Mr Shah Punwar

Trauma and Orthopaedic Consultant specialising in hip and knee replacements as well as knee ligament reconstruction. Honorary Secretary South West Orthopaedic Club (SWOC) www.swoc.co.uk

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery

7th October 2017
Written by a patient at Torbay Hospital

Mr Punwar did a great job removing obstructions in my knee and in the follow up explained what he did and how the problem occurred. An excellent service from him and his team at Torbay Hospital.

12th September 2017
Written by a patient at Torbay Hospital

I was, in fact referred to the Plastics Team in Exeter by this wonderful man. After a traumatic accident taking the tip of my finger off , I received excellent care from all staff that I came into contact with . It wasn't until I very nearly went to have my finger 'trimmed ' down to 'tidy ' it that Mr Shah Punwar stepped in and suggested that more could be done to save my finger. He arranged for an appointment to be made in Exeter the following week to have reconstructive surgery. I am over the moon with the results and cannot thank this kind man enough for his attention and care.

14th September 2017
Response from Mr Shah Punwar

So glad it all worked out well. The thanks go to the excellent Plastics Team at the RD&E. Best Wishes SP

12th August 2017
Written by a patient at Mount Stuart Hospital

I am a nervous patient but Mr Punwar made me feel very at ease, he expalined every thing to me I had Knee surgery done and the results are very good

13th August 2017
Response from Mr Shah Punwar

Thank you for taking the time to give feedback, glad you're doing well. Best Wishes SP

3rd July 2017
Written by a patient at Torbay Hospital

I had a half knee replacement at the end of January performed by Mr Punwar. I could not have wished for a better surgeon to perform my operation, all patients want to know everything that the surgeon is going to do to them, it;s there body and it affects the rest of their life. Shah was both professional and at the same time down to earth, speaking in layman's language so ever detail of what he was going to do was understood. He is a busy man but always has the time to chat and make the patient feel completely at ease. It has been six months now and I am walking reasonably well, sometimes 2 or 3 miles. I still get a bit of pain if I walk for a long time, but generally, I'm walking better than before the operation with less pain. I have stopped taking the pain killers and use voltarol gel to cope if I do get pain. I am sure in 12 months time I will be totally pain-free and feel my operation performed by Shah is a complete success. All I can say to Mr Shah Punwar is, thank you so much.

4th July 2017
Response from Mr Shah Punwar

Thank you for your kind comments. It can take some time for things to settle down after a joint replacement. Glad to hear you're progressing well.

4th May 2017
Written by a patient at Mount Stuart Hospital

I cannot praise Mr Punwar enough. He has recently performed carpal tunnel release surgery on both my hands. He instantly put me at my ease on the first consultation and explained everything fully and in clear terms that I could understand. On the days of the operations, although I was initially scared, he put my mind at ease and had a very calming manner. I am very satisfied with the outcome of the surgery. Both hands are doing well. I have a better grip in both of them now and I no longer suffer any pain at night. When I visited my GP's surgery to have the stitches removed, the practise nurse told me that she had never seen a neater job. So I would like to say a big thank you to Mr Punwar and I would have absolutely no hesitation in recommending him to others.

4th May 2017
Response from Mr Shah Punwar

Thank you for the kind words. Great to hear you're doing well. Best Wishes SP

Short link to review Mr Shah Punwar: http://iwgc.net/egbp2