Mr Sean Carrie

• Otolaryngology

5th June 2015
Written by a patient at Freeman Hospital

Mr Carrie recently successfully treated me at the Newcastle Freeman Hospital for sinusitis coupled with a cerebrospinal fluid leak. He works well with colleagues and co-ordinated some associated dental treatment before operating on me to repair the leak. He is extremely professional while also being approachable and was happy to spend the time with me to answer my concerns about my condition and treatment options. I would strongly recommend Mr Carrie to anyone needing treatment in the future.

13th May 2014
Written by a patient at Alnwick Infirmary

I had a review with Mr Sean Carrie on the 13th May 2014. He has a calm, friendly & relaxed manner which puts you at ease & gives you confidence. I have had 2 recent episodes of epistaxis & various treatments for these at the Freeman Hospital including nose packing, cauturising & an artery tied. The condition being complicated by my permanent warfarin dosage. After an examination Mr Carrie explained very clearly everything I wanted to know & answered all my questions in detail. I felt I had much more information to feel more in control of the situation & also about other procedures available if necessary. At no time did I feel under pressure of time. A most reassuring consultation with a consummate professional.

7th May 2014

Mr Carrie operated on my left frontal sinus (above my left eye) which was totally blocked and had a dreadful abscess which was removed by this first class surgeon on 12th October 2013, as a patient in Ward 10 of the Freeman Hospital having been under his excellent medical care from the 3rd to 13th October 2013. I next see Mr Carrie in his clinic at the Freeman Hospital for a check up examination of my nasal apertures on 30th May 2014.

15th January 2014
Written by a patient at Freeman Hospital

He found the problem immediately, advised what treatments were available and then carried out the operation totally successfully. He explained everything very clearly, what risks were involved and the percentage of success. He could not have been more helpful

30th September 2013
Written by a patient at Freeman Hospital

After many years of suffering with an ear problem and having had a Mastoidectomy in 1991, which left me with a ' wet ' ear and continuing ear infections, I became a patient of Mr Carrie in 2000. Mr Carrie helped me through a difficult time when I saw him at regular intervals over many years to have my infected ear cleaned out and packed, in an effort to make it a 'dry' one. When Mr Carrie realised my ear was never going to be infection free, he suggested I had an operation called 'The Hong Kong Flap', which would make my ear a 'dry' one. As I had an exposed facial nerve this operation could be risky, but he felt confident in performing it. Because of my belief and confidence in him, I went ahead with the operation. Mr Carrie went through the procedure with me so that I knew exactly what was going to happen and answered my questions honestly. His calm manner and genuine concern for my well being helped me enormously. On the day of the operation he came to see me in the ward and again after the operation. It was such a success! No more visits to hospital and I now lead a life without ear infections and ear drops! I cannot speak too highly of Mr Carrie's professional competence and care of his patients. I would highly recommend him to anyone suffering from ENT problems and needing help and guidance. This operation has changed my life.

Nearest Otolaryngologists