Mr Sarin Kuruvath

1st September 2016
Written by a patient at Queen Elizabeth Hospital

I was in the care of this consultant at queen Elizabeth hospital after my previous consultant had left the country for a period of two and half years. The scans of my brain showed that I had a meningioma which should have been monitored for growth. He never bothered to image my brain again I was admitted to another hospital in 2014 the consultants there imaged my brain again. Mr kuruvath got hold of the scans and decided to compare them against the original scans at QE that were imaged in 2010. The 2014 scan clearly showed that the meningioma had grown he should kept me in his care further observation but he did not. In my last consultation at his clinic he told me he I was going to be discharged from his care and that he was satisified that with his decision. Even after querying his decision he still stated that I was fit to be discharged from his care. He did not bother to organise any after care he hasn't bothered to write to my GP to tell them that I have been discharged or that the meningioma has grown. I question the clinical competence of this consultant he is going to end up in a negligence case one of these day's. The hospital will end up paying out compensation for his mistakes.

11th April 2016
Written by a patient at Queen Elizabeth Hospital

Mr Kuruvath carried out my Chiari malformation by going cranial decompression in June 2014. I had lots of complications but nothing that this wonderful Man could not sort out. He had to operate a few times to get me right but with my lumbar shiny and gravity assist valve my life has now changed.. I am so greaful for all the staff on the neuro wards in QE.. All do a fantastic job Thank you

14th March 2016
Written by a patient at Queen Elizabeth Hospital

I was referred to this neurosurgeon in 2013 for various problems including meningioma and hydrocephalus. The hydrocephalus required a shunt to be fitted when he was discussing this treatment he gave me the impression that the shunt would cure my hydrocephalus for good. I had carried out my own research which seemed to contradict what the consultant was telling me even after asking him about he still extolled the virtue of having this surgery and never told me about the complications that can occur should the shunt malfunction or become blocked. I decided not to have this surgery it was not going to be of benefit to me the only person that would benefit would be the consultant. I had some new x rays done of my head which showed that the meningioma was growing these were shown to Mr Kuruvath but he ignored the findings and discharged me as his patient normal practice requires routine scanning of the brain at periodic intervals to chart the tumours growth. I have got the impression that this neurosurgeon is only interested in his patients as long as he can operate on them and get more surgical experience. He is not interested in long term care and follow up. How can he improve should think of what is going to benefit his patients not what will benefit himself.

12th March 2016
Written by a carer at Queen Elizabeth Hospital

My father in law was in the care of this consultant at our initial consultation he stated that a certain medical procedure would alleviate the symptoms he was experiencing for good. I had already knew that the procedure would not resolve his symptoms and they would return. But he still persisted in these claims until I had to correct him to which he replied that he was a neurosurgeon and I was not so my view point was not valid. The final consultation he decided to inform his patient that he had a benign lesion he then told him was going to be discharged he did not take the time to talk him through what to expect in fact he ignored him and proceeded to talk to his wife he didn't bother to explain to her what would happen to him. The best advice for this consultant to improve his patient care would be not to treat his patients as if they are stupid and stop overstating the benefits of a medical procedure.

Short link to review Mr Sarin Kuruvath: http://iwgc.net/efz2f