mr-sanjay-trikha

Written by a patient at BMI The Runnymede Hospital
26th September 2019

In February this year I had a fall onto my left knee, and although as a chiropractor myself I had been able to self-manage the resulting pain quite well for some time, in July the pain and disability significantly deteriorated to the point where I was in constant pain and sometimes had to use crutches if I needed to walk more than 500m. I went to see my GP and asked to be referred to Paul Trikha, who I knew both by his reputation locally as a knee surgeon, and from attending seminars he had given. He was very thorough in examining my knee, and referred me for an MRI, which showed that I had both osteoarthritis and a small meniscal tear. When explaining the findings of the MRI I was given ample opportunity to ask questions and discuss treatment options. Paul advised that surgery would not be appropriate at this point in time, and suggested a corticosteroid injection into the knee joint, which he duly did with no discomfort at all. He also suggested that I had some physiotherapy. My knee pain significantly subsided within a few days, and my mobility returned to normal. I still have a minor niggle if I overdo things, due to the meniscal tear, but, at my 4 week follow-up appointment, Paul was very re-assuring, and confirmed that surgery would not be necessary, but we would continue to manage my knee with the physiotherapy exercises, and with the option of further corticosteroid injections should they be necessary in the future. I know that if my knee deteriorates in the future such that surgery becomes necessary, that Paul Trikha would do exactly what is required at that time, but I am confident that the conservative approach we have adopted currently will be beneficial for some considerable time.

Written by a patient at Schoen Clinic London
25th September 2019

I am 76 years old and as I had maintained my health insurance policy I contacted Paul Trikha after reviewing several other local consultants and he performed a full replacement of my left knee joint just under six weeks ago. I was attracted by the fact that Mr Trikha dealt exclusively with knee problems and at his suggestion he operated on me at the impressive and very modern Schoen Clinic in Wigmore Street, London where the staff and care were excellent. I was discharged after 3 nights and was walking well with crutches, sometimes only one of them. I was walking around the house without crutches for much of the time only one week after the operation. When I first met Mr Trikha he quickly put me at ease and fully explained the operation and alerted me to the fact that recovery from a knee replacement was much more difficult and painful than for a hip replacement - having had both, I can totally agree with this. Mr Trikha advised me to hire an ice machine and I ordered one from Game Ready at a cost of £300 for a 4 week hire - it was excellent and easy to operate and well worth the expense although our freezer was kept very full with ice production. It is very important to regularly use ice on the knee to reduce swelling and also to be very conscientious in regularly (2 or 3 times daily) doing all the exercises that your physiotherapist recommends. However good the operation and mine was excellent, the speed and extent of recovery is down to the patient doing the exercises and regularly using ice on the operated area. Regulat physio after the operation is essential to speed recovery. I saw Paul Trikha this afternoon for my 6 week check up and he was delighted with my progress. I was shocked when he asked me to jog on the spot but I found that I could do this without pain, something I had thought I would never be able to do again. In conclusion, this was an excellent operation carried out by a first class surgeon who inspired confidence straight from our first meeting.

Mr Paul Trikha was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2020 for delivering outstanding care.

Dedicated Specialist Knee Surgeon Consultant Knee Surgeon at Surrey Orthopaedic Clinic. Associate Divisional Director at Ashford and St. Peter's NHS Foundation Trust. Reconstructive surgery for sports injuries, meniscus (cartilage) and knee ligament (ACL) injury Latest surgical treatment techniques for both early and advanced knee arthritis. Expertise in the latest minimally-invasive arthroscopy or ‘key-hole’ surgery techniques Comprehensive specialist knee service for patella (kneecap) problems and knee preserving/replacement surgery including partial and total knee replacement.

Nearest Paediatric surgeons