mr-sanjay-trikha

Written by a patient at Nuffield Health Woking Hospital
27th July 2020

I'm 25 years old and tore my ACL playing rugby in January. I was recommended Paul by a family friend, also a GP, and I cannot thank her enough for doing that. Within a month, I had my operation done after a consultation with Paul. He made it clear that I needed surgery and to get the extension operation as well, the "LET" to make the knee more durable and stronger. He clearly explained that given the sports I play and the level I play at, that it would be wise to get it done as it would make sure I was less likely to repeat the injury. He also explained that it would be a huge pain for a number of weeks but, in the long-term it would be worth it. I am now 5 1/2 months post-surgery, and it is a testament to how good Paul is that I am able to run, cycle, play golf, squat with a full range of motion, do high knees, box jump on one leg and do side to side one the one leg. I passed the rugby straight line test with ease and he has discharged me. Paul has surpassed all my expectations because I have friends that have torn their ACLs and kept telling me it would be 9 months before any normality and I would lose leg muscle mass. I am well ahead of where I imagined I would be, and Paul was absolutely brilliant the entire way, ensuring that I pushed myself hard enough to beat the common problems post-ACL tear. I cannot thank Paul enough for what he has done for me, because like many others I can't live without sport and he's made sure it won't be the full 12 month lay-off.

Written by a patient at The Portland Hospital
10th July 2020

Paul treated my injusry as matter of fact. There no no need for fluff, just straight talking and importantly with an action plan to give my knee the best possible chance of a full recovery. I would say I feel ahead of the healing curve already only just two weeks post surgery- a long way to go still, but Paul after a successful operatiopn has provided me with the best opportunity for a full recovery. I'd have no hesitate in recomending Paul to anyone who has had a PCL injury. Chris Travers

29th June 2020

Paul Trikha is truly a remarkable Consultant. My first consultation was on a Monday afternoon and within 9 days I had seen Paul at his clinic, been referred and had MRI scans and had my follow up appointment. I was given excellent advise and have avoided surgery. A lovely gentleman - totally trustworthy, pleasant and clearly an expert in his field. If you are having knee problems - I totally recommend Paul.

25th June 2020

I am 47 year GP with 3 children who ruptured her ACL and tore her meniscus whilst skiing. The injury was very traumatic (as it was at high speed) and I suffered from bone oedema and joint swelling after the injury. I saw my local orthopaedic surgeons at the Royal Surrey and Frimley. All 4 orthopaedic colleagues didn't know how to treat this complex injury and I was effectively left on crutches and to just try and physic my knee better. I was left in pain and unable to walk properly and and failing knee. After talking to GP colleagues I was introduced to Mr Trikha. Mt Trikha made it clear he had seen my style of injury before and talked me through what I surgery was needed. He was clear what was needed and I underwent surgery and now I am pain free back at work after having taken 4 months off unable to walk and I am looking forward to running and skiing next season. I owe all this to Mr Trikha. If I had listened to the 4 other orthopaedic consultants I would probably be still in pain and not back working. Mr Trikha is the best orthopaedic consultant I have met in my 19 years of being a GP in Surrey. I a so delighted with my outcome and I truly owe it all to Mr. Trikha. I never read or write these reviews but I do know how my own patients find them so helpful. All I can say I whole heartedly recommend him. His care from start to finish is something others can only aspire to. PLEASE DON'T HESITATE SEE PAUL.

26th May 2020

I'm 23 and had been suffering with a bucket handle meniscus tear for 3 months. I had almost no movement in my knee and was completely reliant on my crutches. Unfortunately I had injured myself at the start of the coronavirus pandemic and had little hope of receiving my needed arthroscopy any time soon until I met Doctor Trikha. I had heard wonderful things about him from one of his patients and that he was still performing surgeries on cases such as mine, which would have only worsened with time leading to early arthritis. I booked an appointment with Dr Trikha at Runnymead hospital on a Wednesday and was booked for surgery on the Sunday. Dr Trikha is my guardian angel and has saved my knee. He was very caring and compassionate to my case and I feel complete trust in him. My surgery went smoothly and 2 weeks later I am able to walk without my crutches!!! Thank you so much Dr Trikha

Mr Paul Trikha was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2020 for delivering outstanding care.

Dedicated Specialist Knee Surgeon Consultant Knee Surgeon at Surrey Orthopaedic Clinic. Associate Divisional Director at Ashford and St. Peter's NHS Foundation Trust. Reconstructive surgery for sports injuries, meniscus (cartilage) and knee ligament (ACL) injury Latest surgical treatment techniques for both early and advanced knee arthritis. Expertise in the latest minimally-invasive arthroscopy or ‘key-hole’ surgery techniques Comprehensive specialist knee service for patella (kneecap) problems and knee preserving/replacement surgery including partial and total knee replacement.

Nearest Paediatric surgeons