Mr Paul Trikha

Dedicated Specialist Knee Surgeon Consultant Knee Surgeon at Surrey Orthopaedic Clinic. Associate Divisional Director at Ashford and St. Peter's NHS Foundation Trust. Reconstructive surgery for sports injuries, meniscus (cartilage) and knee ligament (ACL) injury Latest surgical treatment techniques for both early and advanced knee arthritis. Expertise in the latest minimally-invasive arthroscopy or ‘key-hole’ surgery techniques Comprehensive specialist knee service for patella (kneecap) problems and knee preserving/replacement surgery including partial and total knee replacement.

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery

17th September 2018
Written by a patient at Nuffield Health Woking Hospital

If you want your knee replacement to work you need three things:- a great surgeon, a quality prosthesis and hard work on your own part Mr Trikha is that great surgeon! He was encouraging, kind and sure of his plan for me. At no point did I feel uncomfortable with his decisions and he was completely honest with me about the work ahead for us both. I am pleased to say that he is also delighted with the result we have achieved The quality of the knee joint that he chose is very high and the results eight weeks later are remarkable. Essentially I am back to being my normal, active self He left me in no doubt about the amount of work that would be required from me and I put in the exercise routines above the minimum to achieve such results despite it not being very comfortable at times I chose to pay for my operation but I have no doubt that Mr Trikha shows as much concern for those of his patients who are NHS Thank you very much Mr Trikha, HJB

15th September 2018
Written by a patient at St Peter's Hospital

I came to Mr Trikha with a knee injury that I had received whilst dancing. He clearly explained his views and thoughts on the injury, making sure my parents and I understood the likely outcomes. Mr Trikha quickly referred me to get a MRI scan to confirm the injury. About a week later it was confirmed that I had dislocated my knee cap and in doing this I had pulled a ligament. He concluded that I would have to undergo surgery. Mr Trikha provided a great explanation of the different way my knee could be re-constructed. He gave us his personal opinion of which route to take, taking in to consideration my age and how much physical sport I regularly do. From this we made a confident decision. Three weeks later I had reconstruction surgery on my left knee. Before hand Mr Trikha came and explained again what he was going to do and reassured me that it would all go well. The surgery went very smoothly. Prior to the surgery Mr Trikha recommended renting a Game Ready machine, which is an ice cooling and pressure system to speed up recovery. Not only this he also referred me to a trusted physio therapist to help with my recovery. I was able to go home the same day of the surgery and get started on strengthening exercises. This all resulted in a faster recovery as Mr Trikha understood how eager i was to get back to walking and playing sports. Mr Trikha was also very helpful in writing letters to help us claim insurance on our holiday that we sadly had to cancel. Now I am still working with my physio therapist to move on from walking to running. However I am able to swim and cycle to keep my fitness up. I am still meeting with Mr Trikha for check ups on my progress.

12th August 2018
Written by a patient at Nuffield Health Woking Hospital

In February 2018 Mr. Trikha carried out a total knee replacement which has been a complete success. I am halfway through my recovery and I have listen to Mr. Trikha and Ben, my physiotherapist, and with their help and guidance I am doing very well. I live in a bungalow, so having no stairs was good at the beginning. Stairs help the recovery, so wherever I went I always took the stairs. I was staying in a hotel recently and it had a one depth swimming pool. I exercised everyday in the pool, walking up and down and jumping. After a week it was a real boost to my recovery. Mr Trikha is an excellent consultant and I thank him for looking after me and getting me mobile again with no pain. Thank you Mr. Trikha.

31st July 2018
Written by a patient at Nuffield Health Woking Hospital

I consulted Mr Trikha through the NHS about my right knee, which needed a total knee replacement. Due to an intervening, more urgent back operation my knee surgery was postponed. When I was fit to have the knee operation I saw Mr Trikha again, but privately. As previously he was immensely reassuring, kind and professional. He gave me a very simple analysis of the probable outcomes from which I gained hope of a good result. He made it quite clear that he would do his best but that I would have to work very hard on the exercises to achieve the full potential. He also advised me to use an automatic leg icing machine at home in the first month. His last words before the operation were that he would see me at his office in six weeks, walking in without crutches, at the time that seemed an impossible dream. I had the operation in February 2018 at the Woking Nuffield; the staff were excellent in everyway, care, kindness and professionalism. I came home after three days as Mr Trikha seemed very happy with my progress. The physiotherapist instructed me in the exercises I must do and their frequency. These I adhered to fully, several times a day and I also used the ice machine I had hired, I believe it greatly speeded recovery. I did see Mr Trikha at six weeks and I was not using crutches, my dream had come true. Recovery is an on going process, some things get better before others, going downstairs was the last thing to come right. Now, six months on, I can honestly say this operation has transformed my life. I have no pain, my leg is straight, I am not limping. I can walk for miles in town or country with no discomfort. I cannot praise Mr Trikha too highly he is a superb surgeon and has a warm and reassuring personality that inspires confidence, thank you.

20th July 2018
Written by a patient at BMI The Runnymede Hospital

After receiving a referral letter from my GP who suggested I would most likely require physio following an ongoing right knee complaint. My insurer assigned me to Mr. Trikha. Within 10 minutes of the initial consultation, Mr Trikha diagnosed torn meniscus. He assured me he could fix the problem. An MRI scan was organised the following morning, the results discussed the morning after and then surgery booked in the following week. Having never undergone surgery I wasn't sure what to expect. What I can report is that within the hour after knee arthroscopy I could support myself unaided, a few hours later I was walking out of the BMI hospital. Following his instructions to rest for a week, I've been able to return to the gym for moderate exercise and it's almost impossible to detect the incisions. At no point have I felt any pain so am confident I'll be back to full strength in the near future. The staff at BMI were very caring and attentive and although I'm not qualified but can only go on my experience Mr Trikha is obviously a very knowledgeable and skilled practitioner. Everything he said was correct. - MW

Short link to review Mr Paul Trikha: http://iwgc.net/efaq8