Mr Paul Trikha

Dedicated Specialist Knee Surgeon Consultant Knee Surgeon at Surrey Orthopaedic Clinic. Associate Divisional Director at Ashford and St. Peter's NHS Foundation Trust. Reconstructive surgery for sports injuries, meniscus (cartilage) and knee ligament (ACL) injury Latest surgical treatment techniques for both early and advanced knee arthritis. Expertise in the latest minimally-invasive arthroscopy or ‘key-hole’ surgery techniques Comprehensive specialist knee service for patella (kneecap) problems and knee preserving/replacement surgery including partial and total knee replacement.

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery

21st February 2017
Written by a patient at The Nuffield Hospital Woking

After suffering with the pain of severe arthritis in both knees for many years, Mr Trikha was recommended to me. At the first consultation, my wife & I found him to be a very charismatic personality. Whilst he is very forthright in his manner & explained everything to the point, he delivered the facts with just the right amount of humour to put me at my ease & allow me to put my trust in him. He decided that a total knee replacement was the way forward for me. The operation on my left knee was carried out on 17th January 2017. The care I received from Mr Trikha & his team was impeccable. Now, five weeks down the line, I'm doing the exercises as instructed and I feel an improvement every day. Mr Trikha told me I will be driving myself to my next appointment & the crutches will be redundant (they already are). I won't let him down. Thank you Mr Trikha, you are simply the best.

14th February 2017
Written by a patient at BMI The Runnymede Hospital

I injured myself last June and saw Mr Trikha at The Runnymede after going to the fracture clinic. I saw Mr Trikha on the Wednesday was sent for an MRI on the Thursday and saw him for the results on the Friday. I was sent off for Physio at the Walton and Weybridge team where I saw Anneri Winter, who is amazing!! After 6 months of trying my knee was still giving me pain. Mr Trikha decided enough was enough and it was decided to go in and do an Arthroscopy. However after 3 months of recovery, the pain was getting worst and giving way even more, another MRI found that I had a partial ruptured ACL, and within a week I was having my ACL reconstruction. Now post op four weeks I am pain-free (which I have been since leaving the hospital) and now on a strict physio routine and a lot of cycling. I can't wait to be able to do things in the spring, being able to work pain-free is amazing. I would 100% recommend Mr Paul Trikha. He has been amazing and total gets where I was coming from. I understood the jargon however he has been able to explain things to my Mum who needed to be reassured. Overall Mr Trikha is an outstanding surgeon who after today appointment was super happy with how I am recovering!!!

3rd February 2017
Written by a patient at The Nuffield Hospital Woking

Mr Trikha operated on my left knee (cartilage trim and micro fracture drilling) in September 2016. The level of care I received from Mr Trikha from first consultation to discharge was exemplary. He is a charismatic, engaging and energetic man who works at full speed at all times, but always takes the time to explain everything fully, allow you to ask questions and, importantly, to push you to work harder at each step to ensure the best recovery possible. My operation was a great success and I was quickly back on my feet. Now, just over four months after my operation, I have been discharged by Mr Trikha with full flexibility in my affected knee, no pain, and strict instructions to keep doing my exercises!

23rd January 2017
Written by a patient at The Nuffield Hospital Woking

I saw Mr Trikha in April 2016 after a ski accident. The MRI scan report on my right knee was several pages long and detailed complex injuries comprising a detatched MCL and a host of other problems. Mr Trikha told me that surgery would be required to reattach the ligament and the bone fragment that had come away with it. I listened as he consulted with a colleague and thoughtfully questioned his own thinking. After a pause he outlined his internal debate to me: there was a chance that the bone fragment was well placed and might heal better by itself supported by specialist physiotherapy. He gave me details of two physios that had his confidence for a case like mine and told me to try, reasoning that he could operate later if no progress was made. During the next 6 months whilst I worked with the physio he saw me every 6-8 weeks to ensure that recovery was progressing, and was in regular contact with my physio. By the end of the summer I had returned to cycling, and now (Jan 17) I am back to skiing and running. I've written this because I thought that the care I received was unusual. There is no question in my mind that there was a strong case for early surgery. My view is that Mr Trikha showed exceptional judgement and restraint in the decisions that he made. He had the courage and maturity to be frank and open with me about the uncertainties involved, but then to show commitment to the path chosen. I came to understand that his commitment to the best outcome for me was total, and that he was prepared to push me when I needed it. Don't see him if you are after soft sympathy and hand-holding - he is professionally efficient and can be quite tough/direct. Do see him if you're looking for a knee specialist who is absolutely at the top of his game, and who will take the right decisions for you to achieve a full recovery. I cannot recommend him highly enough although I'm sure he will understand that I hope never to have to see him again...

19th January 2017
Written by a patient at The Nuffield Hospital Woking

This is my second total knee replacement. The first was done by a highly skilled surgeon for whom I formed a high regard. The defining point of my second TKR, this one by Mr Trikha, is the apparant minimalisation of collateral muscle damage which seems to have reduced the recovery period and the attendant period of pain by almost half. In addition to that, Mr Trikha's apparant pure technical knee related skill leaves me with a feeling that no-one could have done better. At age 83, I feel most fortunate.

Short link to review Mr Paul Trikha: http://iwgc.net/efaq8