Mr Sanjay Chaudhri

Mr Chaudhri is a general surgeon with a special interest in minimal invasive surgery and offers laparoscopic (keyhole) and robotic surgery for colorectal cancer, inflammatory bowel disease and diverticular disease. These techniques are associated with better cosmetic result, less postoperative pain and quicker patient recovery. Other surgical interests include the treatment of large complex abdominal hernias, newer operations for haemorrhoids, anal fistulas and fissures. He also undertakes joint surgery for complex and severe endometriosis.

7th December 2016
Written by a patient at Leicester General Hospital

Mr Chaudhri helped me very much when i came in for a incisional hernia repair in may 2016 . i was admitted once before but was told that i would have to come back and wait for my appointment however my pain was getting worse and my GP reffered me again and thats when Mr Chaudhri and his crew checked my stomach again. He could see that i was in a lot of pain and told me that he would do the operation himself. i feel a lot better since the operation and more confident with my body as i had a big stomach and he performed the repair magnificantly. even the stitches healed up nicely .Mr Chaudrhri is a brillant doctor i would definetly recommend to anyone. he is a great asset to the hospital

25th November 2016
Written by a patient at Spire Leicester Hospital

I cannot recommend Mr Chaudhri enough! but let me start from begging. I was referred to Mr Chaudhri by my GP with an unpleasant and unfortunate yet very common problem - haemorrhoids. We all know that such a ‘imperfection’ is not nice to talk about, therefore lots of people ignore it for far too long and then end up with drastic and painful operations. Thanks to ‘Dr Google’ and my curiosity I had a look on the internet to see what will happen to me if I ignore the symptoms for any longer (I already knew I have the them for good 4 years or so) and I did like what I found there at all! I requested a referral from my GP and booked an appointment with Mr Chaudhri at Spire Leicester. The first available appointment was in the following week, so a great start I think. I was a little stressed at the beginning as I knew that sooner or later during the first visit I will have to be examined,especially being a female and going to a male Surgeon. I could not be more wrong. The fantastic and relaxed atmosphere that Mr Chaudhri created right at the beginning, made me feel better and relaxed which consequently took all my stress away. He has made me feel that this was more like a visit to a dentist or hairdresser and not Colorectal Practitioner. I knew I was in a save and professional hands. Once the examination was complete all possible procedures were clearly and patiently explained to me together with expected ‘pain level’ and healing time. I have chosen THD procedure. After the procedure, which was performed under general anaesthetic, there was a little pain for aprox 3-4 hours after the operation, but I was expecting this. From the following day, onwards, I could have to take any pain killers really, although I did just to be on save side. On the 8th day after the operation I was completely recovered and did not feel any discomfort during my toilet visits anymore (this was the only time when I felt that something has been done). In conclusion, Mr Chaudhri was kind, considerate and professional. He has automatically made me feel relaxed about the whole situation as I mentioned above. My follow up appointment just confirmed my initial good impression. I hope I will not need this type of procedure in the future, but should I do, I will definitely go back to Mr Chaudhri without a doubt!

25th October 2016
Written by a patient at Spire Leicester Hospital

From first meeting Mr Chaudhri I felt confident that I was in safe hands. He performed a laparoscopic bowel resection at the Spire Hospital. Mr Chaudhri was very personable and explained everything clearly, he checked on me daily throughout my stay in hospital and clearly cares and works hard to improve the quality of his patients lives. Thank you Mr Chaudhri.

20th August 2016
Written by a patient at Leicester General Hospital

I feel very confident and know that my health is well looked after. Mr Chaudhri has operated on me twice and feel like I am in safe hands.

9th August 2016
Written by a patient at Leicester General Hospital

I cannot speak highly enough of Mr Chaudhri. He performed a flexible sigmoidoscopy on me in march this year and then performed a joint operation with my gynaecologist in April when I had a total hysterectomy. He was very knowledgable, professional and listened to what I had to say. He comforted me when I was upset-something important yet not always done by others, and did everything he said he would. I felt like he really cared and knew right from my first visit that I could completely trust him to help me. He explained everything clearly. My procedure and surgery went very well and he checked on me throughout my recovery. I cannot thank him enough and highly recommend him to anybody else. Thankyou Mr Chaudhri.

Short link to review Mr Sanjay Chaudhri: http://iwgc.net/efwce