Mr Sanjay Chaudhri

Mr Chaudhri is a general surgeon with a special interest in minimal invasive surgery and offers laparoscopic (keyhole) and robotic surgery for colorectal cancer, inflammatory bowel disease and diverticular disease. These techniques are associated with better cosmetic result, less postoperative pain and quicker patient recovery. Other surgical interests include the treatment of large complex abdominal hernias, newer operations for haemorrhoids, anal fistulas and fissures. He also undertakes joint surgery for complex and severe endometriosis.

4th April 2018
Written by a patient at Woodland Hospital

I was referred to Mr Chaudhri for a consultation on an inguinal hernia and found him to be very helpful and reassuring. He did a double laparoscopic inguinal hernia repair recently at Woodland hospital which has been a complete success. I suffered from far less pain than I expected and recovered quickly. I would have no hesitation in recommending him to other patients Many thanks to him and all the hospital staff

31st March 2018
Written by a patient at Spire Leicester Hospital

It was tough decision to have the THD haemorrhoid procedure. But it was made all the easier though after discussing the process, it's success, post discomfort and afterwards the benefits with Mr Chaudhri. He was very good in all aspects and helping me to make what I now consider a very worthwhile conclusion. If you're considering this type of operation then I wouldn't hesitate in consulting Mr Chaudhri. Thank you.

17th March 2018
Written by a patient at Spire Leicester Hospital

After my diagnosis of very advanced Crohn's Disease, Mr Chaudhri took a lot of time to clearly explain all the procedures and options to me - no soft-soaping the details, benefits or possible complications. He always spoke to me in a direct confident manner, which gave me faith in what he said, and despite me not being the easiest of patients due to a phobia of all things medical (especially needles), even managed to make me laugh at times. I had two separate operations over a 3 month period, and on both occasions felt I could trust him. Surgery on both occasions went well, and recovery has been good due to the excellent care both before, during and after surgery. I would highly recommend Mr Chaudhri

13th March 2018
Written by a patient at Woodland Hospital

Mr Chaudhri made me at ease from the initial meeting,explained everything to me.Also before and after the operation.The follow up was the same.couldnt fault him. Very pleased even when he told my wife l could now do the hoovering.

14th February 2018
Written by a patient at Leicester General Hospital

I was diagnosed in September 2017 with rectal cancer. My treatment program abdominoperineal resection, carried out 9th November 2017. The cancer was low down approximately 60mm from the anal verge. The consultant mr Sanjay Chaudri recommended abdominoperineal resection which I agreed to, ie elective surgery. My main concern and Mr Chaudri’s was that I have had high dose rate brachytherapy and external beam radiation for prostate cancer. So there was fibrosis, ie scar tissue on the MRI scan from the radiation and this could prevent healing of the wound. Date 9th February 2018, 3 months after surgery, MY WOUND HAS HEALED!! I have nothing but praise for Mr Sanjay Chaudri and Melissa and his team. I could list them all, you cannot fault this team! From Sanjay to the anaesthetist to care nurses. Look no further. I and others before me when faced with cancer are searching for the best survival treatment. I can assure anybody faced with rectal surgery that could result in abdominoperineal resection and the formation of a stoma and wearing a colostomy pouch, don’t get phased out! You are in great hands with Sanjay, this guy has got it by the spade loads. I can’t believe I’m writing this, but it’s true. I feel no different! Sanjay told me in advance to get fit because this is major surgery. He kept his word and because of his skill, will power and dedication, I’m here writing this. Good luck to you Sanjay and all your team! Top man! Look no further! John Bickley. Age 73.

Short link to review Mr Sanjay Chaudhri: http://iwgc.net/efwce