Mr Sanjay Chaudhri

Mr Chaudhri is a general surgeon with a special interest in minimal invasive surgery and offers laparoscopic (keyhole) and robotic surgery for colorectal cancer, inflammatory bowel disease and diverticular disease. These techniques are associated with better cosmetic result, less postoperative pain and quicker patient recovery. Other surgical interests include the treatment of large complex abdominal hernias, newer operations for haemorrhoids, anal fistulas and fissures. He also undertakes joint surgery for complex and severe endometriosis.

21st February 2017
Written by a patient at Leicester General Hospital

Hello, my name is Vimesh Gandhi and i am 32. I was diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis over ten years ago. I was having number of flare ups through out all the years but my recent flare up was really bad and I had no choice but to have a very major operation and have my large intestine removed. Whilst, I was in the hospital, Mr Chaudhri and his team very lovely care of me. I seriously could have not asked for better support. At any given point, he didn't put any pressure on me to go for an operation, in fact, he allowed me take as much time as I needed. He also arrange one of his ex patient to come and see me which was a massive help. Even after that, i remember him telling me that if i am not ready for an operation right now, he would just give me steroid medication and let me go home so, I literally did not feel any pressure at all. I received continuous mental support from him personally and also from his very experienced team. Now, I have had my operation done by him on 19th December 2016. Today is 21st February 2017 and I have fully recovered. I can go out whenever I want, I can eat whatever I want.. The quality of life is so much better, I can never thank him enough. I seriously feel like i am now living the dream. I have already gained over five kilo in weight and I feel so much healthy. I had my first follow up appointment with Mr Chaudhri and it was absolute our pleasure to see him. I went with my wife and parents. Everyone wanted just simply say "Thank you" to him. He has always been very polite and he gave us very warm welcome. He has also advised for further treatment if and when i am ready. He is an amazing person with true heart. I wish him all the very best for his future and may god bless him with very healthy health forever. I seriously would recommend anyone to have their treatment done by Mr Chaudhri. Thank you so much for everything and giving me my life back!

7th February 2017
Written by a patient at Woodland Hospital

Mr Chaudhri was most polite and listened most tentatively from the first consultation to our final meeting 7 weeks after the procedure. Immediately before surgery he clearly informed me what was going to happen and listened and answered my queries. On discharge after surgery I was given a box of strong pain killers as is normal but to my complete surprise I did not need to take any and apart from occasional discomfort in the early stages I did not even need a paracetamol. I can only put this down to a man who knows exactly what he is doing and he is extremely skilled in what he does. My treatment was for Open Inguinal Hernia Repair.

31st December 2016
Written by a patient at Spire Leicester Hospital

I have had first class care from Mr Chaudhri from the first consultation through to post operation. I had a Laparoscopic Anterior Resection which has been very successful.He has been very caring and extremely reassuring filling us with a massive amount of confidence .I have been through a very difficult time and he has not only done amazing surgery work ,he has also given both myself and my family a lot of needed support. Mr Chaudhri is very knowledgeable and fantastic at his job and I highly recommend him.

18th December 2016
Written by a patient at Leicester General Hospital

I first met Mr Chaudri in 2012. I had been suffering from Crohn's Disease for a number of years and had reached the point of requiring surgery. He performed a bowel resection in August of that year. Prior to the surgery he explained the procedure concisely including through the use of online videos.The removal of damaged and narrowed bowel has had the desired effect in dramatically reducing my symptoms in this area and was very pleased to say that I was out of hospital within a week and the scarring was minimal and faded very quickly. I have since over 2015 and 2016 had 6 surgeries relating to a complex anal fistula. 5 were performed by Mr Chaudri. Mr Chaudri has always been readily contactable by email to keep updated on my progress and take me through his thoughts each time we approach this persistent issue. Mr Chaudri has a very reassuring manner and conveys his knowledge over to you well. I would recommend him to other patients.

13th December 2016
Written by a patient at Leicester General Hospital

i was referred to Mr Chaudhri after 10 years of suffering with ulcerative colitis. i had a flare up for 2 years which wasn't responding to all treatments. on my first appointment with him, i had already decided that i wanted surgery.i felt i was in safe hands with him from the very first meeting because he didn't just straight away agree, he made sure i knew what the surgery entailed and even organised a meeting with stoma nurse so they can tell me what to expect before i decided to go ahead with the surgery. he was even prepared to organise a meeting for me with someone that has had the surgery, but i declined. i developed a different issue while waiting for my surgery (rectal abscess) which two other doctors failed to resolve, and on my third time in hospital, mr Chaudri took charge and did the procedure that the other two doctors should have done.after months of pain and return trips to hospitals, he had finally solved my problem. i had no doubt i was in the best care under his care. soon after the abscess was sorted, i had my operation (subtotal colectomy). he was there to answer any questions i had and he gave me all the information i needed on what it entails. the care at hospital was brilliant, and he came to see me several times. aside from being a doctor, he was very kind and polite to my family (my mum had travelled from kenya to help care for me after the operation) and he was very professional and humble to us all. i have no hesitation whatsoever in recommending him to anyone that needs great care because he not only does a great job as a surgeon,he made me feel confident and secure in the fact that he treated me with respect.i expected him to be detached and all medical, like most drs are, but he related to me on a level that i felt not just as a patient, but as a human being. i feel that i got the best care available, and as a result, i have my life back. i have recovered well and i can see a better future where i can now enjoy time with my children aged 5 and 2, lead a normal pain free life, and not be in agony all the time with the ulcerative colitis, unlike before. i genuinely feel that i have got my life back, thanks to the great job he does. I'm not surprised that he has such a long list of people waiting to be treated by him, because he is definitely the best at what he does. thank you

Short link to review Mr Sanjay Chaudhri: http://iwgc.net/efwce