I am a Consultant Urological Surgeon having been appointed in 2003. I have extensive experience in most aspects of Urology and have done thousands of operations as a consultant. Cancer surgical cases are audited nationally by BAUS. I also have interests in minimally invasive surgery and enhanced recovery programmes which I instituted at our unit. I am keen to provide holistic empathic care to all my patients and their families. I did my Medical School training at St Bartholomew's Hospital Medical School (University of London) from 1985 to 1991 and achieved a First Class Honours Intercalated degree. My postgraduate training in Surgery and Urology was undertaken at Leicester, Oxford and Bristol. This included a dedicated period of Research when I ran a national Laser prostatectomy trial. I have published extensively and presented academic papers all over the world. I have a keen interest in medical education and have been a Director of Medical of Education, Deanery Tutor as well as a Foundation Programme director. I am an associate Professor of Urology at AUC. I have been a Clinical Director, Lead and Cancer Lead Surgeon for several years. I have sat on several Royal College of Surgery committees including the FRCS Urol exam setting group and the Invited Review mechanism for clinical governance. I have many interests outside of Medicine which hopefully make me a better Doctor.

• Urology

« 1 2 3 4 »

15th November 2016
Written by a member of staff at Queen's Hospital

Mr Gujral was my tutor over a five week urology module. At the start of the module he made my learning objectives very clear and outlined the best ways for me to achieve them. Throughout the five weeks Mr Gujral offered me his full support and granted me more contact time with a consultant than I have been offered in any of my placements thus far at medical school. His efforts to encourage my participation in clinics, theatre, MDT meetings and on the ward stimulated me to get the most out of this placement. Not only was Mr Gujral very understanding of my educational needs he was also understanding of his patients' needs and handling their concerns. His experience in urology speaks for itself but seeing the manner in which Mr Gujral communicates with his patients was equally impressive. This placement was a welcome dose of inspiration owed primarily to Mr Gujral's passion for his work and The NHS. It was a pleasure to learn from him.

8th November 2016
Written by a patient at Queen's Hospital

After extensive tests Sandy explained all of the treatment options to me in detail. I opted for surgery which has proved successful. At all times Sandy and his staff made a difficult time for me as best as possible. I would not hesitate to recommend him to other patients requiring expert advice in Urology based issues.

12th October 2016
Written by a patient at Spire Hartswood Hospital

I had my right kidney removed laparoscopically in April this year. Mr Gujral was fantastic during my diagnosis, treatment and post operative care. I recovered quickly and can't thank him enough for his care and support throughout my treatment.

18th August 2016
Written by a member of staff at Queen's Hospital

Mr Gujral is a dedicated, compassionate and most caring consultant I have ever worked with. His approach and care to patients is remarkable. In addition to great care to patients, we the junior staff have benefited from his continuous teachings and keeping up with the current evidence based research. I had opportunities to work with him in theatres performing major surgeries Cysto-prostatectomies, prostatectomies etc i must say that he displayed great confidence amd experience while performing such cases. He talked us through while performing surgery explaining the rationale for various steps and pointing out what to look for, do and avoid. Great teacher to the junior staff and most of all articulate to his work.

18th August 2016
Written by a patient at Spire Roding Hospital

Sandeep was excellent, and was my choice of Urologist, I would not hesitate in seeing him again if need be.

« 1 2 3 4 »

Nearest Urologists

Short link to review Mr Sandeep Gujral BSc (1st Class Hons) MBBS (London) FRCS (England) FRCS (Urology) FEBU: http://iwgc.net/eegg4