I am a Consultant Urological Surgeon having been appointed in 2003. I have extensive experience in most aspects of Urology and have done thousands of operations as a consultant. Cancer surgical cases are audited nationally by BAUS. I also have interests in minimally invasive surgery and enhanced recovery programmes which I instituted at our unit. I am keen to provide holistic empathic care to all my patients and their families. I did my Medical School training at St Bartholomew's Hospital Medical School (University of London) from 1985 to 1991 and achieved a First Class Honours Intercalated degree. My postgraduate training in Surgery and Urology was undertaken at Leicester, Oxford and Bristol. This included a dedicated period of Research when I ran a national Laser prostatectomy trial. I have published extensively and presented academic papers all over the world. I have a keen interest in medical education and have been a Director of Medical of Education, Deanery Tutor as well as a Foundation Programme director. I am an associate Professor of Urology at AUC. I have been a Clinical Director, Lead and Cancer Lead Surgeon for several years. I have sat on several Royal College of Surgery committees including the FRCS Urol exam setting group and the Invited Review mechanism for clinical governance. I have many interests outside of Medicine which hopefully make me a better Doctor.

• Urology

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »

18th June 2018
Written by a patient at King George Hospital

This lovely man tells it how it is, and I preferred this to beating about the bush. Exactly 3 years he performed a massive operation on me, and I am still here. A very professional consultant, surgeon, and advisor. My operation was at King George's in Goodmayes, Barley Lane.

29th June 2018
Response from Mr Sandeep Gujral BSc (1st Class Hons) MBBS (London) FRCS (England) FRCS (Urology) FEBU

Thanks so much for this review. I hope you are fully recovered. Best wishes

26th February 2018
Written by a patient at Spire Hartswood Hospital

Sandy is a fantastic doctor who tells you as it is.

27th February 2018

Thanks so much - hope you are better.

22nd January 2018
Written by a patient at Queen's Hospital

I could not have received better treatment. My GP referred me to Mr Gujral, describing him as the Rolls Royce for Urology and I have to say he is right. Every aspect of my care and treatment was the best. I would confidently recommend him to my closest family and friends. He is the best, a true professional. James Cole

24th January 2018

Thanks so much. Delighted to see you are doing so well

24th November 2017
Written by a patient at Queen's Hospital

In January, 2014, I spent 6 days as an in-patient at King George Hospital after suffering a urinary tract blockage. Just prior to discharge I was informed my situation would be monitored re further treatment. Shortly after I received letter of appointment to see a urology surgeon/consultant, i.e. Mr Gujral, at Queen's Hospital. My wife and I attended with a good deal of concern and trepidation. As always, Mr.Gujral spells it out as it is however serious, and then promptly displays his years of experience, dedication and compassion that I found so reassuring, calming and the feeling I was in safe and caring hands. Truly a gift that not everyone has. As a result of the consultation, at the end of March, 2014, Mr. Gujral successfully removed my left kidney, together with a rather large tumour - described as a 'challenging procedure'. I also understand that due to the size of the tumour, Mr. Gujral had to delve deeper so as to re-align certain organs that, over time, had been displaced by the ever-growing tumour.Clearly this man saved my life, what more can you say other than he is a credit to his profession. Great credit must also go to NHS staff of Iris Ward, whose dedicated skill and care aided my recovery enormously. Altogether some wonderful teamwork by all concerned - a credit to their respective professions. Richard Fountain

23rd November 2017
Written by a patient at Queen's Hospital

I am delighted to have this opportunity to gratefully thank Mr. Gujral, his surgical team and the staff of Iris Ward, King George Hospital. I've thought long and hard about how to best describe my experience, after all, what can you say about the man that saves your life. Undoubtedly he and his team applied their 'magic' and did just that for me. I understand it was a very 'challenging procedure', from which I have made an excellent recovery. Wonderful teamwork by all concerned , who are a great credit to their respective professions. My initial problem was a painful urinary tract blockage, six days as in-patient with catheter, finally discharged and told I would be monitored. This occurred January, 2014. Shortly after a letter arrived with an appointment to see a urology surgeon/consultant, i.e.Mr. Gujral, at Queen's Hospital. Attended with considerable concern and trepidation, met Mr. Gujral for the first time, who in his usual manner thoroughly explained in detail the extent of my condition and what he proposed.It is at these times that Mr. Gujral displays his years of experience, dedication and empathy that is so reassuring, calming and makes you feel you're in safe and caring hands. As a result, at the end of March, 2014, Mr. Gujral removed an infected left kidney, together with a rather large tumour. I understand that due to the tumour size further work was needed so as to re-align certain internal organs that had been displaced by the ever-growing tumour.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »

Short link to review Mr Sandeep Gujral BSc (1st Class Hons) MBBS (London) FRCS (England) FRCS (Urology) FEBU: http://iwgc.net/eegg4