mr-sam-vollans

Written by a patient at Chapel Allerton Hospital
14th January 2020

Mr Vollans displays his specialist medical ability & skill in an exceptionally professional, caring & relaxed manner explaining the details and processes of all procedures throughout in a methodical uncomplicated way. There was always the opportunity throughout my treatment for discussion and questioning if required, there has also been the opportunity to contact the Medical Secretary/Medical Team for further questioning, support or to discuss concerns if required later but this has never been needed as I felt all details were covered during appointment visits and procedures. I strongly recommend Mr Vollans to any individual requiring elbow surgery, the procedure has been a total success, eliminating all elbow pain, restoring mobility and allowing me to swim again and continue pain free with my own gardening business.

14th January 2020
Response from Mr Sam Vollans

Thanks for your feedback. A surgeons results are also dependent on their patient’s hard work after surgery so well done you!

Written by a patient at Nuffield Hospital Leeds
10th November 2019

I had been in pain for almost 3 years before seeing Mr Vollans. I had had nerve tests and several rounds of physio and a number of injections none of which made much difference. After consultation with Mr Vollans and more injections it was decided that surgery was my last option. I had my radial nerve release operation on 31 July 2019 which was performed by Mr Vollans and Ms Grainne Bourke, three months on am recovering well. I have none of the pain that I suffered before and full use of my arm again and am hoping that my recovery will be complete in the next couple of months. I would like to thank Sam and Grainne for their wonderful care along with all the team at the Nuffield Hospital in Leeds.

Written by a patient at Leeds General Infirmary
28th November 2018

I was involved in a bicycle accident and sustained fractures to my scapula and clavicle. I was seen by the team in A&E who sought the opinion of Mr Vollans, who attended promptly and reviewed me and my x-ray and CT scan. He not only attended to my clinical needs, but was also sensitive and sympathetic to the concerns I had about the impact of my injuries on both my profession and on my leisure activities. He performing surgery the following week and again was very reassuring before and after surgery about the outcome and about my ability to regain good function and consequently to continue in my work. He referred me to a skilful specialist physiotherapy team to facilitate my recovery. On outpatient reviews since then, I have felt in good hands and reassured. I have no hesitation in recommending Mr Vollans to other patients with shoulder and upper limb trauma.

Short link to review Mr Sam Vollans: http://iwgc.net/ehjdv