mr-saboor-khan

22nd May 2020

Mr Khan and his team performed the whipples operation with SMV resection in January this year at university hospital in Coventry. I can’t thank him enough and have no words that could describe what this gentlemen has done for me from being diagnosed, to removing the cancer and the aftercare that is ongoing, I wouldn’t be here now if it wasn’t for him and his team and for that I’ll be eternally grateful.

Written by a patient at BMI The Meriden Hospital
18th May 2020

After a number of rounds of chemotherapy I was referred to Mr Khan by my oncologist to help rid my liver of secondary cancer through surgery. From the outset Mr Khan was honest about the different scenarios that could present themselves and explained each one clearly. I was impressed with the way both he and my oncologist worked as a team, their communications with me were timely and transparent and I never felt like I was in anything less than the safest of hands. Going through treatment for cancer attunes you to what isn’t being said, as much as what is, and body language and tone of voice become very important. Mr Khan’s skills as an expert surgeon are born out by the fantastic results of the procedure, for which I can’t thank him enough - but it is was his genuine and empathetic approach to my situation that made all the difference. Watching the delight on his face as he read my lab results for the first time is a moment that will stay with me forever. It is nice to have the opportunity to go on record and recommend Mr Khan – along with his surgical partner for my particular operation, Mr Lam – as first rate surgeons and care givers.

16th May 2020

I was a patient of Mr Khan's during the summer of May 2019, during which time I had emergency liver surgery for a cyst. Over this period, I was frequently in contact with Mr Khan and the wider team which provided excellent guidance and support. Throughout my treatment which was extremely difficult at times, I was reassured by Mr Khan's medical expertise but also his empathic nature. He walked myself and my family through every stage of my treatment from start to finish, leaving no question unanswered. I would not hesitate for a moment to recommend Mr Khan to any prospective patient. I have no doubt, I owe my life to Mr Khan and I will be forever grateful.

14th May 2020

Mr Khan provided an excellent treatment option for me when it was not clear what would be the best approach after many scans and seeing many other doctors. I would to thank him and his team for helping me and my family get through this difficult period.

Written by a carer at BMI The Meriden Hospital
26th April 2020

Mr Khan has always done everything in his capacity to sort out mine & my family’s medical issues. We really appreciate his care and his thorough approach and will continue to turn to him for medical advice and help relating to his speciality or advise/referral to others.

Saboor Khan MB PhD FRCS FACS Hepatobiliary Pancreatic and General Surgeon