mr-rupert-clifton

8th September 2020

I had a total knee replacement performed by Mr Clifton at Fitzwilliam hospital in feb 2020. The care I received by all the staff at the hospital from the first consultation to the last which was recently was excellent and caring Mr Clifton explained everything to me in detail even the painful exercises that have to be done in the coming weeks after the surgery, has he said “ no pain no gain “.I would totally recommend him to anyone who is in pain with their knees.

19th August 2020

I had a longstanding mystery knee problem for over a year, which Mr Clifton was able to identify, I had seen 2 or 3 consultants before who believed physio alone would sort it. However Mr Clifton believed an arthroscopy was the best way to help sort the torn meniscus and also found and treated chondral damage during the arthroscopy. I have now made a full recovery after rehab and physio and I am playing competitive cricket, running and exercise with no issues at all. I am extremely grateful for what he has done.

27th July 2020

Mr Clifton performed a total knee replacement on me in March 2020. The operation was performed at the Fitzwilliam Hospital in Peterborough. From the outset Mr Clifton explained in great detail the whole procedure and even though I was apprehensive he put me at ease. I felt 100% confident I was in safe hands. The whole experience from the moment I went into the hospital and including all the aftercare was first class, Mr Clifton is an excellent surgeon and for the first time in many years I am more mobile and pain free. I can not express how grateful I am for giving me a better quality of life. Mr Clifton is a first class surgeon and words can not express how much he has changed my life for the better. personable professional and a really nice person.

Written by a patient at Peterborough City Hospital
16th July 2020

Mr Clifton performed a total right knee replacement for me in September 2019 at Peterborough City Hospital. I had particularly asked to be referred to Mr Clifton after researching for the best knee surgeon in Peterborough and was happy to wait for my operation even though I was in so much pain. My knee had been damaged through playing tennis and badminton, I had had 3 arthroscopies to trim damaged cartilage over the years and then osteoarthritis had set in! I can honestly say that since my operation I now have my quality of life back, thanks to Mr Clifton, and can walk 8 - 10 miles without pain, can ride my bike again and do normal household activities all of which I never thought possible as pain became a way of life and prevented me doing some of these things! I cannot thank Mr Clifton and his team enough for the care and attention given to me and the re-assurance that my knee would bend again. Yes, it was very painful after the operation to get the knee to bend but I followed their advice, making sure I had done some pre-op exercises and after my operation continued my daily routine of exercises, 3 times a day for the first couple of months and once I returned to work a couple of times a day. I still now 10 months on continue to do a set of exercises once a day. The exercises are a must no matter how painful in the first few weeks as the muscles need the strength to support the new knee and for the operation to be successful. I am one very happy patient and so pleased with my new knee and new lease of life. My sincere thanks again to you Mr Clifton for an excellent job, and your care and attention to your patients and profession. I have absolutely no hesitation in recommending you.

Mr Rupert Clifton was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2021 for delivering outstanding care.

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery