Mr Rowan Connell was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2024 for delivering outstanding care.

Written by a NHS patient at KIMS Hospital
17th July 2024

The first person to listen to me , treat me with respect and involve me totally in my treatment options. He is very straight talking which I loved and has a very witty sense of humour which helped put me at ease. I was a NHS funded patient but would now consider paying privately for this level of care in the future. Thank you so much!

19th July 2024
Response from Mr Rowan Connell

What lovely comments. Thank you so much. We do try. Glad you felt comfortable and put at ease at a potentially difficult time.

Written by a NHS patient at Kingsnorth Medical Practice
18th June 2024

Mr Connell was fantastic when I saw him towards the end of May. I have been struggling with symptoms of endometriosis for many years and have not been taken seriously by previous doctors. Dr Riches and Mr Connell are the first doctors who have taken my symptoms seriously and recognised the immense pain it is caused me. Mr Connell was very informative and took the time to re-explain things to me when I felt confused and slightly over-whelmed. He was very personable, he made me feel at ease and I am very glad that I was seen by him.

Written by a NHS patient at Kingsnorth Medical Practice
6th June 2024

I was really worried and nervous about today.Dr Rowan Connell put me at ease from the minute he called my name. He has a warm, friendly manner. Very professional he said very clearly what the problem is. I now know what I have and what needs to be done and going forward what may need to be done in the future. I wish there were more doctors as approachable as Dr Connell.

Written by a NHS patient at KIMS Hospital
22nd May 2024

Straight talking, professional, kind and caring doctor with just the right level of humour. I felt in capable hands and was extremely satisfied with the care and advice given.

Written by a private patient at KIMS Hospital
23rd April 2024

Rowan and all of his team are excellent, providing the best care to his patients. I felt very comfortable during my appointments and surgery, I was kept up to date with information and felt very looked after. Rowan is very knowledgeable and approachable.

I see patients at KIMS Hospital, and its outreach Sevenoaks Medical Centre as well as at Benenden Hospital. I also see patients at Kingsnorth Medical Practice in Ashford.
Please call Michelle - my PA for any help at either site: 01622-538093

Mr Rowan Connell is one of the South East's leading gynaecological surgeons. He has over 20 years’ experience as a consultant based in Kent. Rowan prides himself on communication. He is a general gynaecologist performing laparoscopic (keyhole) surgery for pain, ovarian cysts, endometriosis and performs hysterectomy through keyhole surgery or open procedures. His specialist interest is in urogynaecology: vaginal prolapse and reconstruction surgery and bladder incontinence. He has set up the first Mona Lisa Touch laser vaginal rejuvenation clinic at Benenden for vulvovaginal atrophy (thin skin in the vagina),
He works at KIMS and Benenden Hospitals and has "outreach" clinics at Sevenoaks and Kingsnorth Medical Practice in Ashford.