Mr Rohit Gupta, BSc(Hons) MBBS(Lond) FRCS(Eng) FRCS(Tr&Orth)

Mr Rohit Gupta, BSc(Hons), MBBS(Lond), FRCS(Eng), FRCS(Tr&Orth), is a Consultant Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgeon specialising in Upper Limb surgery at Ashford and St Peter's Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, Surrey. He provides NHS and private treatment for shoulder, elbow, hand and wrist complaints, both surgical and non-surgical. He is reknowned for his advanced arthroscopic (keyhole surgery), upper limb trauma, and arthroplasty (joint replacement - primary and revision) skills. His research interests are also exclusively in the upper limb. He regularly lectures and instructs on advanced surgical courses nationally and internationally, and runs a busy tertiary referral practice helping numerous colleagues with their most complex, difficult-to-treat upper limb problems, incl. revision joint replacements and complex tendon transfers around the shoulder.

18th August 2019
Written by a patient at Ashford Hospital

I had an accident on May 6th 2017 whilst helping out at a theatre, i was up a ladder adjusting a light fitting and suddenly the ladder started to move, before i new it i landed hard on my right upper arm on a solid wooden floor. I was taken by ambulance to St Peters A&E. After several X-Rays and a CT scan i was released to attend the Rowley Bristow fracture clinic on the monday. I was seen by one of the Orthopaedic specialists who advised me that i would need a operation and this would happen quickly. Sadly after two cancelled operations i was finally given the 30th May for the surgery. On arrival at the hospital was the first time i met Mr Gupta, i was feeling a bit anxious but he explained thoroughly to me what he intended to do , this eased my mind and i was finally glad something was happening. After the operation Mr Gupta explained that he had put a metal plate and screws in as this was a complicated fracture, i was told that i would need physio to help with the recovery. Over the next year i saw Mr Gupta on many occasions with updated X-Rays for progress reports. He was always very professional and explained to me what was happening. In June 2018 Mr Gupta removed the metalwork to give the arm better movement through physio an d exercise. Sadly 5 weeks later i tripped and hit the arm fracturing it through one of the open screw holes, this has put my recovery back considerably. Mr Gupta had not seen this before in a patient, he kept me positive with his advice, care and regular check ups. On July 10th 2019, Mr Gupta carried out a third operation by key hole surgery to help give more movement to my arm. This has been a great success and with on going physio and exercise i hope to get as much use back as possible. This has been a long road over the past 2 years, and i would like to thank Mr Gupta for all his help, care and professionalism for what he has done for me.

12th August 2019
Written by a patient at BMI The Runnymede Hospital

Dr Rohit is very attentive, listens and is very diligent. He is up to speed with your details ahead of each consult which is refreshing compared to others where you have to repeat yourself.. Additionally I found once both parties are agreed on course, he is able to expedite treatment swiftly. His follow up is very thorough and it’s clear from speaking to post op physios that he is highly regarded. As for his operative skill, I have had two set of orthopaedic surgery and both have been very successful. I can’t fault him even if I wanted to - full marks !

10th August 2019
Written by a patient at St Peter's Hospital

After having a minor fall whilst doing the Three Peaks climb I suffered a major tear obliterating a tendon in my shoulder. After initial key hole surgery I was told that the tear was more than likely irreparable however the consultant I was seeing at the time decided to refer me to Mr Gupta a specialist consultant in shoulder surgery. At the time I was unable to lift heavy objects. I could only raise my arm with difficulty and I had very little strength in the shoulder. I met Mr Gupta and he clearly outlined my options and the damage which I had inflicted on my shoulder. I decided on listening to him to undergo the complex shoulder surgery he had recommended. A tendon transfer - Latissimus - Dorsi We met on a number occasions prior to the surgery where Mr Gupta explained the surgery I was going to have and the after affects of that surgery. On having the surgery I am now starting to see the improvement in my shoulder and I have seen Mr Gupta on regular occasions since the surgery. I am thankful to him for what was a complex operation on a shoulder which was deemed irreparable.

9th August 2019
Written by a patient at BMI The Runnymede Hospital

I was referred to Mr Gupta as I was experiencing tingling and numbness in my right hand and fingers. His secretaries were really efficient and charming on the telephone and arranged a convenient time for a consultation with Mr Gupta who diagnosed carpal tunnel syndrome. He explained everything very clearly using models to make it very clear. An appointment was made with his secretaries and the procedure went ahead as a day patient at The Runnymede. Again Mr Gupta explained clearly what he was going to do. All went smoothly and I had the stitches out 2 weeks later. Today was my final check up. No more tingling and full use back in my hand. A big thank you.

6th August 2019
Written by a patient at Nuffield Health Woking Hospital

Met Dr Gupta 4 years ago for a shoulder damage. He had been at the time recommended by a GP. Was in total despair after a year of pain and lack of sleep. He suggested surgery which led to a quick and full recovery. Decided to go straight back to Dr Gupta this year for a similar problem with the other shoulder. His treatment was different but again effective. Professional and very efficient each time, no time waisted, goes straight to the essential, I appreciated that. Dr Gupta is a very good doctor I think.

Short link to review Mr Rohit Gupta, BSc(Hons) MBBS(Lond) FRCS(Eng) FRCS(Tr&Orth): http://iwgc.net/eeo6i