mr-rohit-gupta-bschons-mbbslond-frcseng-frcstrorth

Mr Rohit Gupta, BSc(Hons) MBBS(Lond) FRCS(Eng) FRCS(Tr&Orth)

19th August 2022

Great overall service, thank you

Written by a private patient at Nuffield Health Woking Hospital
16th August 2022

Following a bad fall resulting in a broken wrist which required surgery, I had an extremely painful upper arm and I was unable to move my arm even after my wrist had been plated and started to heal. Even small movements were very painful and I was unable to dress myself or sleep due to the pain. I was referred to Mr Rohit Gupta and have been so glad that I was. He has a friendly but professional manner and listens thoroughly to everything said. Following his examination and the treatment advised I am thrilled with the outcome. Eight weeks later I can now use my arm again, am sleeping without pain and no longer have to take painkillers. I feel my progress is ongoing and that I am not likely to need further surgical intervention.

12th August 2022

I had broken elbow that needed to have a metal plate inserted to bring the bones together. This was a difficult procedure as I have very soft bone. Thankfully the bone knitted well but I needed to have the plate removed as my skin wasn’t healing over the wound. Mr Gupta did a splendid job and I now have a fully functional arm. His upbeat confidence in the outcome was very reassuring. I can’t praise him highly enough.

Written by a NHS patient at St Peter's Hospital
11th August 2022

Mr Gupta what can i say?! - Treatment: Left shoulder complex multifragmentary fracture hemiarthroplasty including multi-fragment fibre tape cerclage/tuberosity reconstruction plus biceps tenodesis - oversaw comprehensive preparation for complex procedure with multiple scans - very clear around risks of surgery and directions it might take once inside - all went according to plan - post operative oversight has been clear, frank, supportive - Results I am experiencing are excellent given where i was

9th August 2022

I have the upmost admiration and respect for this exceptional surgeon. The first operation was to replace my left shoulder and was conducted in August 2021. With the help, support and guidance by Mr Gupta in conjunction with my physo, I have made a full recovery with no limitations. Having got through the first five-months, with the excellent pace of recovery, I had a second operation, this time to replace my right shoulder. Again following the superb interactions with both Mr Gupta and my physio, my right shoulder has made a full recovery with no limitations. All through this time, over the past year, Mr Gupta has given me the information that I needed to progress at the recommended rate and the outcome achieved has been beyond my (and Mr Gupta's) expectations. My recommendation is to follow his advice to the letter. Each recovery took the same direction and very similar timeframe. BUT, to achieve this it has been a lot of hard work each day. All through, I have followed the prescribed exercises, which included stretching and mobility, use of pulleys, use of bands and towards the end use of weights and dumb-bells. I am now back to regular golf and hitting good scores, running regularly and am back to playing 5-a-side football. I have also been fitting a new kitchen for my daughter for the past six weeks, demonstrating my full recovery. Each day I continue to exercise, including strengthening and stretching. This for me is a must do activity. I forgot to mention I am age 67 and feel like I am much younger given the limitations I once had through arthritic shoulders. In the most recent visit to the physio, he told me that I had the shoulder muscles of a man in his twenties. That has been through hard work and daily dedication meticulously carrying out the exercises. Mr Gupta is a fine surgeon and consultant, but as he tells me, he can only do his job (albeit to an excellent standard), but it is up to the patient to follow the recovery process and exercise regularly without exception. It is only then that the full benefits will be realised. Hard work and dedication pays off, but most important is to get a surgeon like Mr Gupta who you can totally trust in.

Mr Rohit Gupta, BSc(Hons) MBBS(Lond) FRCS(Eng) FRCS(Tr&Orth) was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2022 for delivering outstanding care.

Mr Rohit Gupta, BSc(Hons), MBBS(Lond), FRCS(Eng), FRCS(Tr&Orth), is a Consultant Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgeon specialising in Upper Limb surgery at Ashford and St Peter's Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, Surrey since 2005. He provides NHS and private treatment for shoulder, elbow, wrist and hand complaints, both surgical and non-surgical. He considers it to be an immense privilege that he is regarded as the premier upper limb Specialist to consult in his part of the UK by his patients and peers alike. He is internationally renowned for his advanced arthroscopic (keyhole surgery), upper limb trauma, and arthroplasty (joint replacement - primary and revision) skills. His research interests are also exclusively in the upper limb. He regularly lectures and instructs on advanced surgical courses nationally and internationally, and runs a busy tertiary referral practice helping numerous colleagues with their most complex, difficult-to-treat upper limb problems, incl. revision joint replacements and complex tendon transfers around the shoulder. He is regarded as a key opinion leader in the field of Orthopaedic upper limb surgery, at the cutting edge using the most advanced technologies and techniques both diagnostically and surgically. Hence he is also regularly invited to participate in national / international teaching masterclasses in advanced upper limb surgery. He is very proud to be awarded the IWantGreatCare Certificate of Excellence in recognition of consistently receiving outstanding patient feedback four years in succession in 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022.

Short link to review Mr Rohit Gupta, BSc(Hons) MBBS(Lond) FRCS(Eng) FRCS(Tr&Orth): http://iwgc.net/eeo6i