Mr Rishi Chana

I am a Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon specialising in hip and knee surgery. My specialist areas include hip joint preservation surgery and hip and knee joint replacement surgery. Another area of focus is in helping active young adults and people suffering from arthritis back to activity following sports injuries. I am passionate about joint preservation for patients who do not yet require a hip replacement but who are suffering from joint wear and tear and pain using regenerative stem cell therapy. I see private patients via the Surrey Orthopaedic Clinic (020 31 30 40 50), which is a specialist group of dedicated orthopaedic surgeons.

« 1 2 3 4 »

6th September 2019
Written by a patient at BMI The Chiltern Hospital

I was very lucky to have Mr Chana for my first hip operation in 2016. This was a great success. I have just been operated on my other side by him at The Chiltern Hospital, with, again, success. He is a very gentle, mild mannered man who explains all entailed in the surgery procedure. Both procedures were done under the NHS but, at no time, was I made to feel any different to a private patient.

16th August 2019
Written by a patient at Spire Thames Valley Hospital

I was obviously anxious about having a hip replacement at 48 but Dr Chana carefully explained the benefits and reassured me that now was definitely the right time to operate. I had my operation on the 1st of May, within 2 weeks I was down to 1 crutch and can honestly say apart from a very neat scar have more mobility than I have had in years. I walk 2 large dogs in excess of 3 miles every day and 2 weeks ago walked 36 holes on a golf course, 2 consecutive days (for those who are not familiar with golf, that was just over 25000 steps both days), it is just amazing. Dr Chana paid great care and attention before, during and after the operation, he even called me at home, at the weekend, after my discharge to ensure everything was good, I can't thank him enough and would most certainly recommend him to anyone who is struggling with their hips, my only regret is that I didn't discover him earlier.

31st July 2019
Written by a patient at Spire Thames Valley Hospital

Mr Chana was very helpful and professional throughout my consultations with him. He explained the procedures in detail so that I had a thorough understanding and so that I was able to make an informed decision before proceeding. His care was extremely good.

24th July 2019
Written by a patient at BMI The Princess Margaret Hospital

I was referred to Mr Chana with suspected Bursitis of the left hip. I already knew I had a Labral Tear in my right hip, but following unsuccessful surgery to rectify that by another surgeon, I was a little reluctant to get any further surgery.. Mr Chana saw me, worked out that I had problems with both hips and arranged an MRI, a CT and x-rays. Following these tests it was concluded that I had Labral Tears on both hips. My previous surgeon had told me that he couldn't repair the tear due to my weight (my BMI was over 40) and that i would have to lose a few stone before i could be considered (and this was privately!). Mr Chana had no such reservations and assured me that as long as my general health was ok (it was) he was happy to go ahead. I am now 12 weeks post surgery, Mr Chana fixed both my hips, I was walking without crutches in less than a week after both surgeries and following physio am now back to my old self... no pain, no limp, and able to exercise! I cannot praise Mr Chana enough, he was sympathetic, kind, considerate and made me feel relaxed and confident throughout the whole process. I saw Mr Chana for my appointments at the Princess Margaret in Windsor, but had the surgery at Spire Health, Near Slough. I would recommend him to anyone, and in fact already have!

19th June 2019
Written by a patient at BMI The Princess Margaret Hospital

The whole process was very transparency and informative, with Mr Chana always taking the time to explain each step of the pre-op. the op and post-op stages. I am very pleased with the final outcome.

« 1 2 3 4 »