Mr Rishi Chana

I am a Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon specialising in hip and knee surgery. My specialist areas include hip joint preservation surgery and hip and knee joint replacement surgery. Another area of focus is in helping active young adults and people suffering from arthritis back to activity following sports injuries. I am passionate about joint preservation for patients who do not yet require a hip replacement but who are suffering from joint wear and tear and pain using regenerative stem cell therapy. I see private patients via the Surrey Orthopaedic Clinic (020 31 30 40 50), which is a specialist group of dedicated orthopaedic surgeons.

19th June 2019
Written by a patient at BMI The Princess Margaret Hospital

The whole process was very transparency and informative, with Mr Chana always taking the time to explain each step of the pre-op. the op and post-op stages. I am very pleased with the final outcome.

12th June 2019
Written by a patient at Spire Thames Valley Hospital

Mr Chana always listened to me and was always happy to answer my questions, either face to face or by email. He always had time for me - I never felt rushed. In addition to his surgical skills he is very genuine and caring. I liked the fact that, although in the end I needed a new hip, he tried to preserve what I had first rather than go straight in with a replacement. He also has a great sense of humour. I can certainly recommend him without hesitation.

3rd June 2019
Written by a patient at BMI The Princess Margaret Hospital

I recently had a Hip Arthroscopy under Mr Chana after seeing several other consultants and i have to say Mr Chana was the best. He explained everything very clearly and he conducted himself very professionally and was very caring. His after care is second to none always checking up on you and always replies back with any concerns i have. I would highly recommend Mr Chana to my friends and family

26th May 2019
Written by a patient at BMI The Princess Margaret Hospital

In the hands of Mr Chana, I have just undergone a double-hip replacement. I had exactly 6-weeks between the two operations and it is now 4 weeks since the second one. Throughout the entire process Mr Chana has been very approachable and easy to talk to. He explained the situation and the procedure in as much detail as I wanted, and was very 'matter of fact' about the entire thing. He inspired confidence in the run-up to the operation but I was even more impressed by the pro-active interest he took in my recovery post-operation. I cannot over-emphasise how much I appreciated the fact that he was always at the end of a phone line for any questions on the after-effects. This provided a level of reassurance that exceeded my expectations. I would have no doubts in highly recommending Mr Chana. I very much hope to be operation-free for many years to come, but would not hesitate to go back to him if any further issues did arise.

27th March 2019
Written by a patient at Ashford Hospital

March 20i7, I was cycling across Kingston bridge, when a womans shopping bag strap caught my handlebars, and dragged me to the ground, gently knocking my 2014 fitted ceramic hip, (which I was unsure of, it often clicked and banged) two months later , weeding in the garden, got up off my knees, bang, squeal, straight to the docs, "its your knee", A&E 'Its your knee""yes you can go to India", what a row coming through Delhi airport. August 2017 ,a private consultation, transferred to NHS for a replacement hip, I was in a terrible state, the noise and trauma was almost too much. Met Mr Chana, who has put me completely back on track, the old hip had ,whilst awaiting treatment had disintegrated within, leaving a cloud of debris within, I,m so thankful I went for a private consultancy, i was still working full time, and life was very difficult. But now squeak free, in good shape, walking in the lakes, an Amazon , central Americas ,Caribbean , Northern Norway adventure, and many other trips lined up. I would trust Mr Chana 100%, the hip is so absolutely brilliant, and thank you.

Short link to review Mr Rishi Chana: http://iwgc.net/ecpoi