Mr Rishi Chana

I am an Orthopaedic Surgeon with a special interest in Lower Limb Surgery. I work at Ashford & St Peter's Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust's Orthopaedic department. My aims are to deliver the highest standard of clinical care to my patients and am constantly seeking ways to improve the experience that patients have when I am looking after them. I see private patients via the Surrey Orthopaedic Clinic (02031304050), which is a specialist group of dedicated orthopaedic surgeons, my specialty areas of expertise are treatment of hip and knee conditions and bunion surgery.

18th January 2019
Written by a patient at BMI The Runnymede Hospital

Written as a patient at St Peters Hospital and BMI Runnymede Hospital Mr Rishi Chana was my Consultant firstly at St Peters Hospital and for my knee replacement surgery at the Runnymede Hospital. During all the assessment consultations, the surgical procedure and after care I found Mr Chana to be most professional, empathetic to my feelings and wellbeing. I can only praise Mr Chana and the NHS and Private support teams at both Hospitals. I am now severn months into my ‘recovery’ and have had good physio help and my carrying out all rigorous exercises as instructed....I am told I am and feel a good example a person having had a most successful knee operation and thank Mr Rishi Chana and all support staff for this result.

6th January 2019
Written by a patient at Spire Thames Valley Hospital

My recovery time was shorter than expected because of Mr Chana’s great work.

5th December 2018
Written by a patient at Ashford Hospital

Mr Chana performed my total hip replacement at Ashford Hospital at the end of October. He is an exemplary Orthopaedic Surgeon and I could not have wished for better. He listened to my concerns prior to my procedure as well as post op and his explanations were always clear and reassuring which relaxed me completely. I think that he is wonderful . Thank you very much, Mr Chana.

5th December 2018
Written by a patient at BMI The Runnymede Hospital

When I first met Mr. Chana he was very kind and understanding of my problem. He listened to my worries regarding the forthcoming hip replacement and was able to reassure me. He gave me a prompt date for the operation and details of what would happen, how long I could expect to be in hospital and what kind of recovery programme I would need to follow to ensure a good return to normal life though he may have been a little optimistic as to the time scale. He rang me at home two days post discharge which I found very reassuring. As a retired Nurse Practioner I can definitely state that I could not have been given better care by Mr Chana, The Runnymede Hospital and the Physiotherapists. I am now seven weeks post surgery and doing well so thank you.

29th November 2018
Written by a patient at Ashford Hospital

I was referred to Mr Chana following sleeplessness caused by pain in my hips and knees. He was keen to explore my symptoms and prescribed various interventions which had some short term benefits. My condition got worse and I agreed that a hip replacement was the next step. He carried out the operation on 15 October at Ashford Hospital. I was out of bed the same day with physiotherapy and went home two days later. Mr Chana visited in hospital prior to the operation also afterwards. I have seen him since and I am pleased to say I have made very good progress. I still have some discomfort in the site of the operation and my knees my need some attention in the future and I would be delighted if Mr Chana was available for any surgery that would be required

Short link to review Mr Rishi Chana: http://iwgc.net/ecpoi