Mr Rishi Chana

I am a Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon specialising in hip and knee surgery. My specialist areas include hip joint preservation surgery and hip and knee joint replacement surgery. Another area of focus is in helping active young adults and people suffering from arthritis back to activity following sports injuries. I am passionate about joint preservation for patients who do not yet require a hip replacement but who are suffering from joint wear and tear and pain using regenerative stem cell therapy. I see private patients via the Surrey Orthopaedic Clinic (020 31 30 40 50), which is a specialist group of dedicated orthopaedic surgeons.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »

14th January 2020

From my first consultation with Mr Rishi Chana about problems with my left knee ,both my husband and I came away saying we felt confident and well informed about my pending operation for a total knee replacement to be preformed by him.On the day of my operation Mr Chana spoke with me beforehand explaining all that would happen which put me at ease. The attention given by him to my aftercare was excellent. When nine months after my first operation I found myself needing a half knee replacement on my right knee I had no problem knowing who I would want to carry out this second operation. Once again the care I received from Mr Chana was excellent and here I am eight weeks after my second operation feeling that I’ve got my life back as I’m able to swim,go to the gym and am gradually building up the distance I’m able to walk, my aim is to be able to walk five miles by the end of February.

Written by a patient at BMI The Chiltern Hospital
3rd January 2020

I had a full right knee replacement operation on Nov 7th 2019, at the Chiltern Hospital, fully funded by our NHS. I met Mr Rishi Chana 6 weeks previous to my operation to discuss my needs and came away fully confident of what was involved. I was very positive on the day of my operation, and i am sure this helped me with my recovery, he promised to ring my wife as soon as the operation was finished and sure to his word he did, explaining to my wife what he had done and how pleased it was it all went so well. It is now 8 weeks since my replacement and I had a final visit to Mr Chana on Jan 2nd, he was very pleased with my progress and has discharged my from his care. Both my wife and I would like to thank Mr Chana for his personal care and attention he has given to us over this worrying time

Written by a patient at Spire Thames Valley Hospital
22nd November 2019

I underwent a double hip arthroscopy with a 2 week interval between the left and right hip operations. Mr Chana was reassuring and confident that I would cope and have reasonable quick recovery. I am now 7 week post surgery and now becoming more active and returning to full activities. Mr Chana fully explained the conditions of my hips and what was necessary to Have an improved outcome. I had full confidence in Mr Chana and happy to go ahead with the surgery. Now back at work friends and colleagues are surprised how well I am moving.

24th October 2019

I was referred to Mr Rishi Chana by my GP, for a Total Hip Replacement, which was carried out at the Princess Margaret Hospital, Windsor on 16th August 2019. From the time of my first consultation I felt at ease with him and felt confident that he would give me the best care. He showed me my x-rays, discussed the various options available to me and answered all my questions. He was very kind and at all stages fully explained what was happening and what to expect. Mr Chana sent me details of how to prepare for my surgery and instructions on how my recovery would progress, should everything be straight forward. Having never had surgery before I was very apprehensive, but I found both Mr Chana, and Dr Rex Woolf, the Anaesthetist, very reassuring. The care that I received at the Princess Margaret Hospital in Windsor was excellent and the entire experience was much less stressful than I had anticipated. I would thoroughly recommend Mr Chana, and his team at the Princess Margaret Hospital, and, should I need any further treatment would have no hesitation in asking to see him again

17th October 2019

I was provided with a lot of very useful information by Mr Chana himself in addition to that provided by the hospital after the initial consultation. Mr Chana has always given detailed answers to any questions that I have asked. I am delighted that I chose him as the surgeon for my operation. He makes it very easy for a patient to contact him in the event of any problems or concerns . Information about what to expect at different stages during the recovery process was also detailed, very welcome and useful.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »