Mr Richard Stirling

Written by a private patient at Woodlands Hospital
24th March 2022

I had cataract surgery on my right eye in March 2022. Mr Stirling took time to discuss with me what I wanted after surgery - good long sight, good short sight, or good short and long sight. He explained how we could achieve what I wanted - which is good both short and long sight, and he recommended a multi focal lens for the implant. The surgery was quick - no more than 20 minutes, and entirely painless. Like everyone, I was apprehensive about someone operating on my eye, but there was no need. It was very easy. An hour after surgery, I could see quite well out of the operated eye, and within a day I could see very well - far better than before. What a difference - colours are brighter, shapes and figures much clearer. I am having my left eye done next month, and in between I have a check up with Mr Stirling to make sure all is good. It's really transformative.

Mr Richard Stirling was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2022 for delivering outstanding care.

• Ophthalmology

Consultant ophthalmologist with interest in cataract surgery including the use of multifocal implants. Glaucoma and general ophthalmology.

Nearest Ophthalmologists