Mr Richard Stirling

Written by a private patient at Woodlands Hospital
23rd May 2021

My daughter is 49 years old and has Down syndrome. We were told that she to have an operation for cataract removal under a general anaesthesia and my heart fell into my boots with worry as she had never had one before. We were put under the care of JCH it due to a total mess up we decided to look elsewhere and that is where Mr Stirling came into our lives. From the very first e mail to him asking if he could help us to then meeting him in person my daughter and I felt so at ease with his friendly approach and the simple way he explained what would happen throughout the operation, we walked away so excited and happy and were no longer worried . He is a great gentleman who answers his own e mails and makes you feel important and is contactable to speak to if you have any worries no problem an issue for him . We can’t say enough about this gentleman to let people see just how grateful we are to have been under his care and would recommend anyone who needs eye surgery to go to him before anybody else you will not be disappointed. The after care you get is also with Mr Stirling who makes sure that you are fully satisfied and well recovered we are one happy family. Big thank you once again you are the best. Love Emma x

Written by a private patient at Woodlands Hospital
15th April 2021

I have just had cataracts removed and multifocal lenses fitted by Mr Stirling, and I cannot recommend his services highly enough, the whole process was made so easy from my many questions right through to the surgery itself and I felt i was treated with professionalism throughout, whilst I am still getting used to the multifocal lenses, my vision is already amazing and I would recommend anyone considering surgery to consult Mr Stirling first.

24th February 2021

Mr Stirling was very easy to talk to and I felt he really listened to me.

14th February 2021

Mr.Sterling removed a cataract in my right eye and fitted an implant lense,very professionally and completely pain free. Since he performed the operation he has given me a new lease of life.Mr Sterling has a very professional way of treating his patients and made me feel completely at ease. I would most definitely recommend any one requiring eye surgery to contact him.Thank you once again Mr.Sterling.

8th February 2021

Mr Stirling recently completed work on my dads eyes again after he completed cataract surgery on them a few years ago. My dad is a typical egg and chips man who loves the local club for a pint and watching the football, he never ever goes to appointments on his own for anything. He felt comfortable with Mr Stirling immediately after he was recommended to us as the best!! The results have been fantastic and I’d highly recommend him to anybody. His eyesight is now better than my own and he has had no issues what so ever. He wouldn’t hesitate to go to Mr Stirling again if he needed anything. Couldn’t thank him enough a gentleman and an expert in his field. Dad can now see the ball when watching the football and tie his fishing flies without his glasses on!!

Mr Richard Stirling was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2021 for delivering outstanding care.

• Ophthalmology

Consultant ophthalmologist with interest in cataract surgery including the use of multifocal implants. Glaucoma and general ophthalmology.

Nearest Ophthalmologists