mr-richard-baker-3

Written by a NHS patient at Wexham Park Hospital
12th September 2022

Mr Baker listens to what you have to say and asks how you feel. He explained my options and I chose to have a 3rd operation as I was in so much pain with hardly any movement in my thumb and forefinger. I will be for ever grateful to the Occupational Therapist Krissy who asked Mr Baker to see me. I had 2 previous operations for carpal tunnel, Mr Baker repaired the damage from the first operation that had been preformed by orthopaedics. ( First and second operations were by Orthopaedics) He showed me photos of the damage and how he had repaired the nerve, he is a very skilled surgeon and would recommend him to anyone that needed a carpal tunnel procedure. My hand is now so much better than it was before I had my last surgery in July 2022. It will take a long time to recover, but I am now on the road to recovery after a very long year.

Written by a NHS patient at Heatherwood Hospital
16th June 2022

Total success after my carpal tunnel surgery. Thank you Mr Baker, I am very grateful.

Written by a NHS patient at Heatherwood Hospital
12th May 2022

Perfect surgery and care. I am very grateful

Written by a private patient at The Princess Margaret Hospital
4th May 2022

Mr Baker recently removed a large splinter from my young son's finger under local anaesthetic. My son was nervous but Mr Baker and his team made him feel completely at ease and the procedure was quick and almost entirely painless. The finger has healed beautifully. We're delighted with the care he received.

Written by a private patient at The Princess Margaret Hospital
4th April 2022

After a thorough consultation Mr Baker explained the procedure options to cure my trigger finger, and success rates, possible side effects, etc. Despite my not looking forward to either the local anaesthetic nor the procedure, he reassured me that it was nothing to worry about... and he was right. The operation was a success and I've no recurrance of the trigger finger.

Mr Richard Baker is a Consultant Plastic Surgeon based in Berkshire and London. He specialises in cosmetic surgery, hand & wrist surgery and paediatric plastic surgery.
In 2000 Mr Baker qualified as a Doctor after completing his medical studies at Cambridge University. He began his training in plastic surgery in 2003 at the Chelsea and Westminster Hospital before undertaking a research degree in scarring of the skin at Mount Vernon Hospital for which he won several prizes. He continued his training at some of the most prestigious departments on the London rotation including the Queen Victoria, East Grinstead, the Royal Free and Broomfield. He completed his Training Interface Group Fellowship in Reconstructive Cosmetic Surgery in Leicester in 2014. Mr Baker also visited prestigious international units such as E’Da Hospital in Taiwan, the Kleinert Institute in Louisville and Santander in Spain.
Mr Baker published numerous scientific publications in highly respected peer-reviewed international plastic surgery journals, he wrote a book on Plastic Surgery Survival Guide to Trauma and contributed to a book chapter on Brow Lifts and also published journal articles on scarring and cosmetic surgery.

Short link to review Mr Richard Baker: http://iwgc.net/efvmw